Fitted out as a passagemaker Beckoning is not your average Catalina.
This two owner boat has been extensively upgraded. She is turn key,
ready for blue water and can take you wherever you want to go in comfort
and safety. Her impressive equipment list includes AIS, EPIRB, Radar,
Sonar, WiFi, Water Maker, GenSet, Wind Generator, Jacklines, Life Raft,
an extensive Spares Locker, plus SSB and Satellite Communications.
launched as Catalina's flag ship model in 1998, the 470 features an
upgraded fit and finish and was designed and built to achieve a CE Ocean
Sailing Rating. Redundant systems include independent dual helm
stations, multiple fuel & water tanks and independently operating
fresh water heads. She features, roller furling sails with all controls
leading aft so there is no need to leave the cockpit; which is huge and
includes a hard top dodger and a full canvas enclosure. Below decks
you'll find the space and functionality that is legendary at Catalina,
complimented by upgraded joinery, appointments and LED
Well maintained and in terrific shape she
is ready to set sail. If you are looking for a blue water cruiser don't
miss out on Beckoning. Call for an appointment today!
CATALINA 470 - BECKONING - MEDIA
To view media files on Beckoning type or cut and paste these links (case sensitive) into your web browser:
- 135% Furling Genoa w/Padded Luff - 2012 - Double Life Lines - 2012 - Hard Top Dodger - 2014 - Bimini, Hard Dodger, Connector and Full Cockpit Enclosure (including UV screens) - 2014 - Raritan Marine Elegance Electric Heads (2); Fresh Water Flush - 2014 - Seaward hot water heater 11 gal - 2014
- Mercury Dinghy - 2015 - Seachoice house water pump - 2016 - Fasco A/C water pump - 2016 - Par-Max seawater wash down pump - 2016 - Simrad Forward Facing Sonar w/multi-function display - 2016 - Mercury RIB Dinghy - 2015 - Mack Furling Mainsail - 2017 - Offshore Life Ring - 2017 - Samsung 32": HD Flat Screen TV w/DVD Player - 2017 - Generator fuel pump - 2017 - AGM Lifeline bow thruster battery - 2017 - AGM Lifeline house battery - 2017 - AGM Lifeline auxiliary engine starter battery - 2018
- West Marine genset starter battery - 2018 - Gray water system - 2018 - Cockpit speakers - 2018 - Raymarined Radar (4km) w/Questus Stabilized Mount - Firdell Radar Reflector - ICOM M802 HF/SSB Radio W/Pactor modem (email ready) - Beam-Inmarsat Satalite Phone - Mobeltec AIS System, model SLR-200 - ACR Electonics Global Fix EPIRB - WiFi System - Toshiba HD Flat screen TV - Bose speakers - Mast Head Camera, cockpit MFD display - Pur 160 Watermaker (requires service, kit aboard) - Wind Generator - Drogue - Offshore Life Jackets - Jacklines & Harnesses - 2 Man overboard rescue systems - Winslow six persons life raft - Emergency evacuation kits - Spare part locker - Underwater transom lights
- Dinghy davits with reinforced stern rail bracing
CATALINA 470 - BECKONING - WALKTHROUGH
The large cockpit features independent, dual helm
stations at the stern, port and starboard. Each featuring a stainless
steel destroyer wheel, magnetic compass, autopilot controls, seat and
cup holders. The starboard station also includes throttle/gear and bow
thruster controls, a VHF hand held repeater and a rigging knife. A
manual bilge pump is mounted at the port helm station. Two stern rail
seats are found above the helm seats. An instrument pod is center
mounted between the helm stations and includes a multi-function display,
sonar and the engine control panels.
Moving forward of the helm
stations the cockpit features U shaped seating for a total 12. A dual
leaf folding table w/cup holders and storage is center mounted and
includes foot brace. Two cockpit speakers are mounted port and starboard
beneath the bench seats. Storage is provided by two lockers under the
bench seating and two large lazarette lockers under the helms seats.
Harken 66 2-Speed self-tailing winches are mounted port and starboard
for jib trim. To manage the halyards and main a Harken 44 2-Speed
self-tailing winch mounted on the port cabin top and a Harken 44 2-Speed
electric self-tailing winch is mounted on the starboard cabin top. All
running rigging lines lead aft to the cockpit and are accessible to the
There are four opening hatches, two under the side benches and 2 on the coaming just forward of the helm stations.
The cockpit is protected from the sun and sea by a hard top dodger and Bimini top with full enclosure panels and sunscreens.
full beam swim platform is molded into the stern of the vessel, with
walkthrough access between the port and starboard helm seats. The
platform features a hand held shower and a folding swim ladder that
integrates into the stern rail. A two tank propane locker and shore
power recepticals are found on the starboard side. Dingy davits are
mounted above the platform, holding a 4 person Mercury dinghy with a
Nissan 9.8 outboard.
Moving forward the deck is
protected by stainless steel bow and stern railings connected by dual
lifelines running the length of the deck port and starboard; gates are
found at the cockpit and at the stern. Two man overboard recovery
systems and a throw ring are mounted on the stern rail. A wind
generator tower with EPIRB mount and hailing horn is mounted at the
stern on the starboard side.
Six hatches are found on the cabin
top, along with two solar fan/vents and two stainless steel hand rails
running along the port and starboard sides. 10 opening portlights and 4
fixed windows are found along the cabin sides.
Raised jib tracks run along on the port and starboard side decks, with cleats found at the bow, stern and mid-ship.
Dual anchor stainless steel mount w/rollers is found at the bow along
with a large split anchor locker to accommodate two anchors and rodes.
The locker also includes a salt and fresh water washdown spigots, a
cleat, line hooks and an electric windless with vertical capstan and
The double spreader, masthead rig features a
Schaefer headsail roller furler, in mast mainsail roller furling, cabin
top mounted traveler, boom vang and boom break, wisker pole w/jibe
preventer. The standing rigging is stainless wire cable.
the main cabin from the cockpit via a center mounted companionway, the
galley is to port with the nav station to starboard. Going forward a
large salon opens up with seating for nine. The main cabin, as well as
the rest of the interior, is appointed with satin finished teak joinery
and a teak and holly sole.
With a large seating
area and 7' headroom the salon is bright and spacious. Along the
starboard side there are two seats with a fold down table between that
converts to a single berth. Storage lockers, shelving and a hand hold
are found along the hull with a flat screen TV center mounted above the
table. Opposite on the starboard side is a large U shaped settee, with a
foldable teak table. A larger, pedestal mounted table is stored in the
forward cabin, which can be lowered create a double berth. Shelves and
storage lockers are found along the hull. Two stereo speakers are
mounted port and starboard, aft. There are seven overhead LED lights
and two LED sconce lamps mounted on the forward bulkhead, port and
starboard. Ventilation and light are provided by two overhead opening
hatches, four side mounted opening portlight and two fixed portlights
all with shades. A fan is mounted on the forward port bulkhead, with an
A/C vent found on the port side, aft. There are two 110 vac outlets.
360 galley is located in the aft port section of the main cabin. A
large 180 wrap around countertop is found in the aft section and
includes a front and top access the Adler Barber refrigerator and a top
access freezer. Under the counter there is a locker on the left side,
refrigerator access center, and 4 drawers on the right. Over counter
lockers run along the aft bulkhead, with a microwave and A/C vent
mounted above the counter along the port hull. Moving forward along the
hull side a three burner stove/oven is gimbal mounted, with a shelf and
fixed portlight above, followed by a stainless ventilation hood. A hand
hold runs the lengths of the galley along the hull side. Another counter
is found forward of the stove, extending to the centerline and features
a top access locker, double stainless steel sink, top and side access
trash bin and an under sink locker. Additional lockers are mounted
above the sink and along the hull above the counter. There is one 120
vac outlet, three overhead LED lights, with an additional light above
the stove in the hood. Ventilation is provided by an A/C vent, an
opening overhead hatch, an overhead solar fan, and the ventilation hood.
The forward facing nav station houses the
navigation, communication and WiFi equipment as well as all electrical
system controls. The station includes a 2 lockers, two drawers, under
table compartment with additional storage under the seat. There is one
overhead LED light and a chart light. Ventilation is provided by an
opening overhead hatch and an overhead mounted fan.
forward from the salon, the private forward stateroom features a
Pullman berth on the port side, with lockers and top shelf running along
the starboard side. An additional storage locker is found under the
berth and multiple clothing hooks throughout the cabin. There is one 120
vac outlet, 3 overhead LED lights and two LED reading lights, bulkhead
mounted above the berth. Ventilation is provide by an A/C vent, an
overhead opening hatch, four opening portlights and a forward bulkhead
FORWARD CABIN ENSUITE HEAD:
Found in the bow,
the forward ensuite head features a separate shower, a Jabsco electric
freshwater marine toilet and a sink with hot and cold running water.
Entering the head, the sink is found to starboard, with a mirrored
medicine cabinet above and a storage locker below, with the toilet paper
holder integrated into the door. A 120 vac outlet is found to the right
of the sink on the aft bulkhead, along with a toothbrush holder. Towel
hooks are mounted to the left on the forward bulkhead. The shower is
found all the way forward behind a glass door and includes a shower
wand, shelving, a soap dispenser, towel hooks and two overhead LED
lights. The marine toilet is to port, with a shelf and a mirrored locker
behind and above. A towel rack and hook are mounted on either side of
the head on the fore and aft bulkheads. There are two overhead lights
and opening overhead hatch.
The full beam
aft stateroom is entered though a starboard side companionway opposite
the galley and features a center mounted queen berth, vanity and private
access to the aft head. Chested drawers and lockers run from either
side of the berth down the length of the cabin with shelving on top. A
vanity with mirror, light and a drawer is found on the forward bulkhead.
A flat screen TV is mounted to the port of the vanity, with storage
racks above. There are two 120 vac outlets and a 12 vdc plug. Lighting
is provided by two overhead lights and two dimmable LED sconce lamps on
either side of the berth. Ventilation is provided by an A/C vent, fan,
four overhead opening hatches and an opening port.
aft head is located opposite the galley on the starboard side with
separate doorways to the main cabin and aft stateroom. The head
features a separate shower, a Jabsco electric freshwater marine toilet
and a sink with hot and cold running water. Entering the head from the
main cabin, the shower w/glass door is to the left and features a shower
wand, bench seat, towel hooks, overhead light and solar fan for
ventilation. Next to the shower, the marine head is mounted on the
forward bulkhead. A counter top with/stainless grab rail runs the
length of the head along the hull side, with two mirrored lockers above.
The countertop mounted sink is found to the right next to the aft
bulkhead with a storage locker below. The toilet paper holder is
integrated into the locker door. An additional mirror is mounted on the
aft bulkhead, along with a towel rack and a 120 vac outlet next to the
sink. Multiple towel hooks are found throughout the head. There is one
overhead light, one over counter light and ventilation is provided by
an opening port.
compartment is found under the cockpit companionway stairs, which hinge
forward for full engine access. There are additional access doors on
the rear, port and starboard sides providing easy access to the engine,
dual Racor filters, raw water strainer and a battery charger inverter
system with charge controller/leveler.
CATALINA 470 - BECKONING - ACCOMODATIONS
There are sleeping accommodations for 7 below decks and 2 above decks:
- Forward Cabin - Double Pullman berth for 2
- Aft Cabin - Queen berth for 2
- Salon - Starboard settee converts to a single berth for 1, port settee converts to a double
berth for 2
- Cockpit - if desired there is room for 2 people to sleep on the cockpit benches
CATALINA 470 - BECKONING - MAIN CABIN
The main cabin is entered from the cockpit, eight steps down via a
center companionway and houses the salon, galley and nav station:
The salon occupies the forward section of the main cabin and features:
- Two starboard seats with fold down table; converts to a single berth - Port U-Settee, seats 7, with foldable teak table and a pedestal table (stowed in forward
stateroom); converts to a double berth - Shelving and storage lockers with louvered doors running length of salon, port &
starboard side - Storage lockers below and behind seats and settee - Samsung 32" flat screen TV; model UN32J5205AF - LG DVD/CD player; model DP123 - Xplod Advanced ESP MP3 Player - 2 Bose 151 stereo speakers - 4 Opening portlights w/shades - 2 fixed portlights w/shades - 2 Overhead opening hatches - 7 Overhead LED lights; 12 vdc
The Navigation Station occupies the aft starboard section of the main cabin and features:
- Forward facing navigation table with lift top and under table storage - 2 Drawers - 2 Storage lockers - Bulkhead mounted rack - Under seat locker - Raymarine E80 Multi-function chartplotter/radar control unit - Raymarine ST290 data display unit - Raymarine Auto Pilot control panel - Standard Horizon Intrepid+ VHF radio - iCOM Marine IC-M802 Single Side Band Radio - PACTOR-Controller SCS PTC-IIpro; PC-Radio interface modem - iCOM SP-24 radio speaker - Beam-Inmarsat satellite telephone with docking station - Rosewill IEEE 802.11 N 2.0 Wireless Router; model RNX-EasyN4 2T2R version - Upiquiti Networks BULLET M2 WIFI antenna - Sony Xplod EQ7 MD/CD Changer Control; model 52WX4 - 120 VAC electrical control panel - 2 - 12 VDC electrical control panels - Battery distribution panel - Xantrix Link 1000 battery charger control panel - Fischer Panda generator control panel - Generator/Sore power panel - Tank-Level indicator panel - Winless Circuit Breaker - Macerator pump switch - Main Cabin A/C control panel - Weems & Plath clock; quartz - Ship's Bell - Fore/Aft Lev-O-Gage II - Chart Light; 12 vdc - Overhead LED light; 12 vdc - CE-TECH power strip - Overhead opening hatch - 2 fixed windows - Hella Turbo Fan; 12 vdc - Kidde, 1-A:10-B:C dry chemical fire extinguisher
galley occupies the aft port section of the main cabin and features a
large 360 wrap around layout including aft counter, stove and forward
- U shaped aft facing counter - Left side prep counter with locker underneath - Center, under counter refrigerator with top and front access
- Refrigerator/Freezer control panel - 4 Over counter lockers along aft bulkhead
- Spice rack, aft bulkhead mounted - Mr. Coffee drip coffee maker - 120 vac outlet - Towel dispenser - Right side aft, under counter Waeco Adler/Barbour freezer - Right side forward, prep counter with 4 drawers underneath - Right side over counter: Samsung 700 watt Microwave model MR4381G, utensil
drawer - and A/C vent Stove:
- Seaward Princess 3 burner propane stove/oven; gimbaled w/stove top cover - Broan ventilation hood - Under stove drawer - Behind stove shelf and fixed port Forward Counter:
- Stainless steel double sink w/hot & cold running water - Whale manual water spigot - Spray wand - Under counter trash bin (top and side access) - Top access under counter locker - Under sink locker with foot pump to drain refrigerator compartment - 4 Over counter lockers - Seaward LPG solenoid switch
- 2 Fixed widows - Hand hold, length of galley, hull side - 3 Overhead LED lights - Overhead opening hatch - Overhead solar fan - Smoke detector - Dishes, Glasses, Flatware, Pots & Pans - Headroom: 6' 10"
CATALINA 470 - BECKONING - AFT CABIN
The full beam aft cabin is accessed through a companionway between cockpit companionway and the aft head and includes:
- Private cabin with solid door - Queen centerline berth (sleeps 2) - Under berth utility locker; containing fuel tanks - 2 Hanging lockers w/louvered doors; starboard side - Hanging locker w/louvered doors; port side - Utility locker w/louvered door; containing ac unit; port side - Locker w/louvered doors and shelving; port side
- Drawer; port side - 2 drawers; starboard side - Shelving atop lockers; port and starboard sides - Bedside tables with drawers, port and starboard side - 2 Storage racks; forward bulkhead - Toshiba flat screen TV - Vanity shelf w/drawer; forward bulkhead - Mirror; forward bulkhead - Vanity light; above mirror; 12 vdc - 2 Overhead LED lights; 12 vdc - 2 Aft bulkhead mounted LED sconce lamps, dimmable; 12 vdc - 2 120 vac outlets - 12 vdc outlet - Coaxial cable outlet - A/C vent - A/C control panel - Wind generator control panel
- Navigation computer - 4 Opening overhead hatches - 1 Opening portlight - 2 Fixed portlights - 2 Hella turbo fans; 12 vdc - Overhead hand hold - Kiddie dry chemical fire extinguisher - Shared head access, forward starboard corner - Headroom: variable 6' 6" max
CATALINA 470 - BECKONING - AFT HEAD
The aft head is located on the starboard side opposite the galley,
doubles as an ensuite head for the aft stateroom and includes:
- Jabsco Marine Elegance electric marine toilet with fresh water flush - Separate shower w/glass door; including: - Shower wand, hot & cold running water - Bench seat - Towel hooks - Fixed window - Overhead light - Overhead solar fan/vent - Headroom: 6' 6"
- Stainless steel sink w/hot and cold running water
- Counter top w/grab rail - Under sink locker, w/toilet paper holder integrated into door - 2 mirrored over counter lockers - Aft bulkhead mounted mirror - Grab rail by shower - Towel rack - 5 Towel hooks - Toothbrush holder - Trash bin - Toilet brush w/holder - 120 vac outlet - Overhead light; 12 vdc - Over counter light; 12 vdc - Fixed window - Opening portlight - Headroom: 6' 6"
CATALINA 470 - BECKONING - FORWARD CABIN
The forward cabin is found forward of the salon and features:
- Private cabin with solid door - Double berth; port side (sleeps 2) - Under berth front and top access utility locker; containing generator, batteries, water maker - Under berth top access locker; containing spares - Hanging lockers w/louvered doors; containing tools & spares; starboard side - Locker w/louvered doors and shelves; containing tools & spares; starboard side - Shelving atop lockers; starboard side - 3 Overhead LED lights; 12 vdc - 2 Aft bulkhead mounted LED reading lamps; above berth; 12 vdc - 120 vac outlet - 1 A/C vent - Opening overhead hatch - 4 Opening portlights - Hella turbo fan; 12 vdc - 5 Towel/clothing hooks - First Alert smoke alarm - Safe-T-Alert Carbon Monoxide Alarm - 2 Kidde dry chemical fire extinguisher - Control switches; macerator, genset, ,bow thruster, salt water wash down - Ensuite head access; forward bulkhead - Headroom: 6' 11"
CATALINA 470 - BECKONING - FORWARD HEAD
The forward ensuite head is located in the bow of the boat, is entered from the forward stateroom and includes:
- Jabsco Marine Elegance electric marine toilet with fresh water flush - Separate shower w/glass door; including: - Shower wand, hot & cold running water - Shelving behind curtain - Soap dispenser - Squeegee w/holder - Towel hooks - 2 Overhead light - Sump pump switch - Headroom: 6'
- Stainless steel sink w/hot and cold running water
- Under sink locker, w/toilet paper holder integrated into door - 2 Mirrored over counter lockers - Shelf - Grab rail by shower - Towel rack - 3 Towel hooks - Toothbrush holder - Trash bin - Toilet brush w/holder - 120 vac outlet - 2 Overhead light; 12 vdc - Overhead hatch - Headroom: 6' 8"
CATALINA 470 - BECKONING - COCKPIT
The cockpit is in the stern of the boat and features:
- Seating for 11: - U shaped bench seating for 7 passengers - 2 Helmsman seats - 2 Stern rail seats - Cockpit cushions - 2 Folding lounge pads - 2 Cushioned bench top seats w/arms - Fold down, center mounted cockpit table w/storage, 4 cup holder & foot brace - 2 Sony Marine waterproof stereo speakers - Cockpit Bimini top - Cockpit Dodger; hard top - Full enclosure panels - Sun shades - Walk through to swim platform - 2 Large transom lockers; port & starboard - 2 Storage locker; under port and starboard bench seats - Companionway to salon; center forward
CATALINA 470 - BECKONING - HELM
Dual, independent helm stations are found at the stern port and starboard and include:
- Stainless steel Edson wheels - Helm seats - Ritchie Powerdamp magnetic binnacle compasses - Raymarine Autohelm Series Autopilot controls
- Instrument pod mounted in the forward table section including:
- 2 Raymarine Multi-Function Displays
- Raymarine Wind Instrument
- Cup holders
- Scuppers - Emergency tiller
CATALINA 470 - BECKONING - SWIM PLATFORM
Accessed via walk through transom and includes:
- Shower wand with hot and cold running water - Swim ladder; integrates into stern rail - 2 30 Amp shore power receptacles
- Dual tank propane locker
CATALINA 270 - BECKONING - DECK & HULL
- Fiberglass construction w/structural grid design - Forward crash bulkhead - Fin keel - Double stainless steel anchor mount w/rollers - 66 lb Bruce anchor with 200' of rode - 60 lb Mason anchor with 200' of chain - Spare Fortress anchor w/rode - Anchor locker (foredeck access) with: - Deep split chain wells - Salt and fresh water washdown spigots - Cleat - Maxwell windless with vertical capstan & chain gypsy; model VW1200
- West Marine Power Inverter, 400 watt; model 8617482 - Portable 12 vdc 120 vac inverter - West Marine generator cranking battery - 6/2/2018 - 12 vdc, 800 MCA, 20 Ah; P/N: 15020233 - Intimidator AGM Extended Life heavy duty deep cycle bow thruster battery - 2017 - 12 vdc, 1450 CCA, 245 AH @ 20 Hr; P/N: 8A8D - Intimidator AGM Extended Life heavy duty deep cycle house battery - 2017 - 12 vdc, 1450 CCA, 245 AH @ 20 Hr; P/N: 8A8D - AGM Extended Life auxiliary engine starting battery - 2018 - 3 Blue Sea 120 Amp Battery Breakers - Balmar 70 Series 110 amp alternator - 2, 30 Amp shore power receptacle - Cable TV/Telephone receptacle - 4, 30 Amp shore power cables - 50 Amp/30 Amp shore power splitter - Jumper cables - Portable solar panel battery pack
CATALINA 470 - BECKONING - MECHANICAL
- Yanmar 75 hp 4 cylinder auxiliary diesel engine, fresh water cooled; model 4JH3-TE
- 4,268.5 hours - PYI Packless Sealing System shaft seal
- Max Prop three blade 21" folding bronze propeller - SPURS Line & Net cutter; drive shaft mounted - Ultra marine products muffler - 2 Racor fuel filter/water separator, model 500FG - Parker/Racor fuel filter/water separator, model R15T - 2 Raw water strainers - Facet Gold-Flow electronic fuel pump - 11/7/2017 - Vetus bow thruster - 2 Dometic Cruisair 16,000 btu reverse cycle air conditioning units - Fasco Industries A/C water pump - 7/29/2016 - Waeco Adler/Barbour refrigeration unit - PUR PowerSurvivor Endurance Series water maker, model MROD-160E, (requires service,
kit aboard) - Seward 11 gal hot water heater, w/engine exchanger, model F-1100 - 7/16/2014 - Seachoice 3.5 gph house water pump, model 17881 - 2016 - Grey water sump system - 7/9/2018 - Jabsco shower drain transfer pump - 7/6/2018 - Par-Max 4.0 60 psi automatic washdown pump, model 32605-0092 - Jabsco 1950 bilge pump w/Rule-A-Matic float switch
- 2 Jabsco Marine Elegance electric marine toilets; fresh water flush; separate/independent
systems - 2 Jabsco self-priming macerator pump, model 18590; holding tank discharge - offshore
- BilgeBuster ozone generator - Zink Saver II Galvanic Isolator - Portable Tornado Fan
CATALINA 470 - BECKONING - SAFETY
- Switlik Man Overboard Module, man overboard recovery system, model MOM 8-A - Life Sling Overboard Rescue System - Man overboard boom mounted block & tackle - West Marine throwable man overboard line - Commercial ring buoy throwable life ring w/stern rail mount, Type IV P.F.D. - Jacklines - Safety harnesses - 5 Off-Shore Lifejackets, adult, type I PFD - 2 Near-Shore Buoyant Vests, adult, type II PFD - Fanny Pack PFD - Para-Tech Delta Drogue - Winslow 6 person life raft, model 60SLOP - 2 Grab & Go survival kits - Grab & Go flair & smoke kit - ACR Electronics Global Fix EPIRB, certified to May 2020 - Mobeltec AIS System, model SLR-200 - Forspare floating strobe light, model WL-1 - Whale MK 3 manual bilge pump - Hand held manual bilge pump
CATALINA 470 - BECKONING - SPARES LOCKER
- Tool set - Yanmar auxiliary engine spare parts set, including filters, gaskets, hoses, belts & impellers - Genset spares kit - Rigging kit - Electrical parts kit