2006 Ocean Alexander
48' (14.63m) Classicco - Lazy Suzan
LAZY SUZAN is a 2006 Ocean Alexander 48 Classicco Sedan with T/440 Yanmar Diesels and all the options plus many custom features and recent upgrades. The engines have been serviced on schedule and have been cared for by professionals.
- Fort Myers Florida United States
- Fiberglass Hull
LAZY SUZAN is a 2006 Ocean Alexander 48 Classico Sedan with T/440 Yanmar Diesels and all the options plus many custom features and recent upgrades. The engines have been serviced on schedule and have been cared for by professionals since the current (2nd) owner purchased her in 2012. She currently has 1200 hours on her main engines and only 700 hours on the ONAN 13.5KW Gen-Set. The seller bought her from the original owner and has put 90% of the hours on LAZY SUZAN doing the Great Loop and exploring the Bahamas. She has moved from her annual inside, climate-controlled storage at River Forest's LaBelle storage facility to her slip in Ft. Myers where she is easy to board and ready for your inspection.
LAZY SUZAN is very well equipped including Raymarine's latest Axiom Hybrid multi-function GPS/Plotter/Radar/Sonar. There is 1 display at the lower helm and 2 displays at the FB helm.
Her 2 heads with roomy common stall shower between give owners their own private ensuite head and the guest head doubles as a day head. The guest SR is very user friendly with low over under berths making access to the upper berth easy for adults of all ages unlike her sister predecessors the 426 and 450 Classicco Sedans. She is also faster than those models with her larger power and increased length on the same beam giving her a longer waterline for greater efficiency at trawler speeds plus an increased planning surface for high cruise speeds of 17-18 knots on her semi displacement hull. This increased planning surface also makes her more efficient at high cruise speeds as well for those days when getting there is the goal. Her tried and proven hull form does it with a soft, dry ride that will please even the most discerning yachtsman or woman. Arguably it’s the best riding hull in her size and class.
Of special note is her exterior condition. OA is known for gelcoat fading and deterioration over time but LAZY SUZAN exhibits none of that. Her exterior is in fact one of her strong points along with her battery upgrade (to all North Star AGM batteries), the latest in electronics, upgraded ground tackle, dual heads and the easy access to the Flybridge and boat deck via the gently ascending stairs from the larger cockpit.
Another important feature is the large full-length Diamond Sea-Glaze sliding door from the cockpit to the salon. It is framed in stainless steel and slides on/in stainless tracks, a huge improvement over the wood framed sliding doors or smaller hinged doors on older models.
The windows are all framed in Stainless as well, another major improvement over the traditional aluminum framed windows with rubber inserts that deteriorate and require more maintenance.
Her Brower hydraulic dinghy crane makes launch and retrieval of the tender from the boat deck an easy one-person operation. The FB factory hardtop is another terrific option sheltering the person at the helm and all the guests from the sun or any inclement weather with the 2016 polycarbonate FB enclosure lowered and in place.
LAZY SUZAN’s engine room is easily accessible from 3 locations, through the lazarette, down a hatch in the galley with angled SS ladder, or by lifting the forward companionway stairs from the main deck to the stateroom deck. Once there the engine room has easy access to all the machinery and equipment with clean white surfaces which reflect the recently added bright LED 110V lighting in addition to the 12V lighting.
Everywhere you look this fine example of one of Taiwan’s premier yacht manufacturers reflects the years of experience and development Ocean Alexander builds into every boat they construct. LAZY SUZAN is standing tall, ready to explore new harbors and discover remote cruising grounds with her new owners or possibly to retrace some of the waters she has already navigated, while completing the Great Loop with you at the helm.
Curtis Stokes & Associates is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by Luke Brown Yachts. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey direct representation of a particular vessel
LOA: 48' " (14.63 Meters)
Type: Power - Used
Beam: 14' 8"
Draft Max: 4' "
Draft Min: ' "
Maximum Speed: 20 Knots
Cruise Speed: 18 Knots
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Fuel Tank: 600 Gallons (2271.25 Liters)
Fresh Water: 200 Gallons (757.08 Liters)
Holding Tank: 60 Gallons (227.12 Liters)
Full DetailsView Full Details
Manufacturer Provided Description
The 48 Classicco lives up to its cruising heritage the minute passengers step aboard. The large cockpit invites lounging, entertaining, even fishing. Up top the expansive bridge provides plenty of seating plus room for a dinghy. Inside, there is a spacious salon, galley, and lower station arrangement. The master stateroom comes complete with a vanity, a cedar-lined hanging locker and private access to the master head and common shower. The comfortable guest stateroom has twin upper and lower berths and a large head opposite with access to the common stall shower.
The Northwest-inspired lines of the Ocean Alexander 48 Classicco Sedan suggest her fitness for cruising. A closer inspection of the craftsmanship, the details of construction and the interior layout confirms that this indeed is a yacht born to cruise. Attention to detail is the watchword at Ocean Alexander. It begins with the design by naval architect Ed Monk Jr. and continues through the entire construction process. Hand-laid multi-directional fiberglass results in a sea friendly hull designed for efficient, long-range cruising. The 48 has extraordinary interior joiner work and an exceptional list of standard equipment, including a generator, a windlass, and two control stations.
This is a classic cruising sedan appointed with two staterooms and two heads with a space saving adjoining shower. Full galley. The salon, galley, lower helm and cockpit are all on the same level providing easy egress while underway, while three steps down from the galley are the staterooms, master w/centerline queen berth forward and guest stateroom with lowered over/under berths on port. The entire boat has rich satin finished teak cabinetry and paneling throughout the vessel.
• Granite Counter Tops
• Grohe faucets for sink & shower
• Stall shower between heads with granite seat & trim
• Teak walls and cabinets
• Medicine cabinet storage behind mirror
• Tecma fresh water heads
• Sealand Tankwatch 4 Holding Tank Monitor
• Exhaust Fans
• Granite Counter Tops
• Kenyon 3 Burner Smooth Ceramic electric cooktop
• GE Profile microwave convection oven
• Teak and Holly flooring
• Storage cabinets and drawers
• Overhead dish lockers and cabinets
• Vitrifrigo Stainless Steel 110V/12V refrigerator w/separate freezer & separate compressors
• Franke double stainless steel undermount sink
• Teak paneling and cabinetry
• GE Disposal
• GFI AC outlet
• Stainless Steel Toaster Oven
• U-Line Icemaker
• Samsung DVD player
• Yamaha Natural Sound AV Receiver
• Satellite Radio
• Samsung LCD Flat Panel TV’s Salon & Master Stateroom
• Satellite TV system
Electronics and Navigation
- Raymarine Axiom Hybrid multi-function display w/GPS/Plotter/Radar/Sonar lower helm
- ICOM IC-M802 VHF w/Remote Speaker Lower Helm
- Raymarine backup VHF lower helm
- Raymarine Axiom multi-function displays (2) w/GPS/Plotter/Radar/Sonar FB helm
- ICOM IC-M604 VHF FB Helm
- Raymarine ST 6000 Auto-Pilot w/control at Lower & FB Helm
- AIS system
- Beam - PotsDOCK Extreme Decking Station with antenna on hard top. Beam PotsDOCK Extreme is a compact docking station specifically designed to support RJ11, Bluetooth and tracking. PotsDOCK allows the Iridium Extreme handset to be connected with an RJ11/POTS interface enabling standard corded, cordless and dial tones like a standard phone network. This interface with the cordless phone system on the boat if you add your own Iridium Extreme handset.
• AC/DC distribution panel w/magnetic circuit
• ONAN 13.5 KW Generator w/sound shield with 747 hours
• Engine battery disconnect switch
• Xantrex Freedom 25 Inverter/Charger w/3 dedicated deep cycle North Star AGM Batteries in custom box in lazarette
• Polarity reverse indicating light
• VOLT and AMP meters
• Bonding system throughout
• Shore power receptacle 50-amp 120/240 VAC
• Battery paralleling system
• 2 Heavy duty North Star AGM Starting batteries for main engines
• 1 Heavy duty North Star AGM Generator starting battery
• 2 Professional Protech 1230 battery chargers (1 for engine & gen batteries & 1 for
• Galvanic Isolator
• Sealand T-12 Macerator pump
• Exterior Courtesy Lights
Engine and Mechanical
• Twin Yanmar 440 HP FWC mains (approx. 1200 hours)
• FloScan Meters at Lower Helm
• ZF Mathers Electronic Engine controls
• Vetus Bow Thruster w/Joystick Controls (3) stations w/2 dedicated AGM batteries & Charger
• Bronze sea cocks & raw water strainers
• Engine room advanced sound insulation
• Engine Room Exhaust Blowers
• Dual Racor 1000FH Fuel/Water separator Filters w/Vacuum Gauges - Mains
• Dual Racor 500 G Fuel/ Waters separator Filters w/Vacuum Gauge - Generator
• Dripless seals for rudder posts
• PSS Dripless engine shaft seals (New 11/2020)
• Engine room vent blowers (2) 12V
• Bilge pumps (4 Rule 2000gph auto/manual)
• Sump Pump (Rule 800gph auto)
• Fiberglass exhaust pipes w/mufflers
• Torrid Water heater 20 gallon
• High water bilge alarm
• ZF transmissions
• Hydraulic steering
• Fireboy Engine Room Fire Suppression System
• Bennett V351 Trim Tabs w/12” x 32” planes
• Groco 12V Oil Change pump for Engines, Transmissions & Generator
• Headhunter Fresh water pump
• UV Anti-bacteria Treatment for fresh water system
• Headhunter Seawater Pump
• Tank Tender gauge for Fuel and water tanks
• Fuel Polishing system
• Cruisair Air conditioning - 3 Zone w/ remote 16,000 BTU compressors & 2 dedicated seawater pumps
Deck and Hull
• Fiberglass/Composite hull with Solid fiberglass hull below waterline
• Diamond Sea-Glaze sliding doors
• MUIR VCR1250A 12V windlass w/3 control stations
• FB Factory Hardtop w/Polycarbonate enclosure four-sided (New 2016)
• 2 Pompanette FB Helm Chairs with New upholstery & Covers
• FB Helm Cover
• Stainless steel anchor with 3/8” BBB chain
• Fiberglass swim step w/boarding ladder
• Fiberglass bow pulpit w/S/S anchor roller
• Stainless steel hand rails for side & fore decks
• Tempered dark tinted window glass
• Salon, Galley and Lower helm Window Shades – Pull up or down (New 2016)
• Side cockpit boarding door at dock level starboard
• Cockpit hatch with ladder to lazarette
• Fiberglass radar arch w/ Integrated Hard Top
• Deck access to chain locker
• Hot & Cold shower cockpit
• Frameless window frames
• Stainless steel ports
• FW & SW wash-downs Foredeck & Cockpit
• Manual bilge pump
• Deck Lights 12V
• Recessed cleats with integrated hawse pipes
• Transom door
• Brower hydraulic davit for tender on FB Boat Deck
• 2008 Avon 10’4” Rover Rib 315 w/ 15hp Mercury 4 cycle OB mounted on Boat Deck
Click any image to view enlarged version. Swipe enlarged image to see additional enlarged images.
Want more information about this yacht?
Curtis Stokes & Associates
Curtis Stokes and Associates, Inc. is a yacht brokerage firm consisting of nine offices and fifty brokers throughout the United States offering worldwide marketing, buyer brokerage services and yacht charters. We also specialize in marketing and selling Great Loop capable yachts and boats.