46' (14.07m) Venus CC Ketch - Silver Fog
1985 Venus 46' CC Ketch
- San Carlos, Sonora Mexico
- Venus CC Ketch
- Fiberglass Hull
A rare beauty, incredibly well preserved! Only 17 of these beauties were ever made from a design penned by New Zealand’s Salthouse brothers. Built tough and strong by Dong Sung Venus in South Korea. She is a center cockpit, ketch rigged cutter, 6'6" Draft, allowing many options for sailing and ease of handling. These boats have been compared to Hallberg-Rassey, Amel and Vagabond for their quality and ruggedness.
Below decks is gorgeous Teak throughout. She maintains her light and airy feel with many opening hatches and portlights. She is cruise-equipped with comfortable accommodations in 2 separate en-suite staterooms plus a double-sized passaging berth, spacious main salon, full navigation equipment, a full galley, easy access to her engine and fuel tanks, generous storage, watermaker, generator….the works!
Above decks you get a beautiful Teak deck with hard lifelines all around for safety, many possible sail configurations depending on the conditions, a protected center cockpit with lines that lead to it for safety, a removeable swim platform and many more extras that only liveaboard would know are truly useful!
"SILVER FOG" has been with her current owner since 2008 and pride of ownership and knowledge are readily apparent in the boat’s meticulous upkeep and maintenance. Be the new proud owner of this rare and impressive Venus sailboat and make your cruising dreams come true. You won’t need to spend all your money nor time getting a solid boat ready to go!
Curtis Stokes & Associates is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by United Yacht Sales. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey direct representation of a particular vessel
LOA: 46' 2" (14.07 Meters)
Type: Sail - Used
Beam: 13' 4"
Bridge Clearance: ' "
Draft Max: 6' 6"
Draft Min: ' "
Maximum Speed: 8 Knots
Cruise Speed: 7 Knots
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Fuel Tank: 150 Gallons (567.81 Liters)
Fresh Water: 120 Gallons (454.25 Liters)
Holding Tank: 25 Gallons (94.64 Liters)
Full DetailsView Full Details
Welcome aboard via either side or stern opening gate/s onto beautiful Teak decks.
Starting at the bow, double bow roller and windlass for anchoring systems. SS bow pulpit has a custom wood seat. Full SS safety railings to stern. Genoa and staysail roller furling at bow with mooring cleats. Continuing aft, there are midship and stern mooring cleats. Midships at rails are built-in 1” SS tubing storage racks that accommodate (6) 5-gallon fuel and water storage tanks.
Dodger, Bimini and sun covers for decks (Additional full sun cover for dry storage).
Move into the spacious center cockpit for comfortable living and safe passaging. Full navigation and engine controls. Cockpit table and drinks holders for comfort while passaging.
Continuing aft is the spacious aft deck which is a generously-sized outdoor area with lots of storage, access to the transom and ladder for water access, dingy davits and solar panels.
Below decks, varnished joiner-work and upholstery Is seen throughout the vessel. Full forward is the guest stateroom with V-Berth, storage and anchor locker access. The guest head is next aft with toilet, sink, vanity, and shower, hanging locker is opposite.
The main salon has a U-Shaped settee with Teak dinette to starboard, single settee opposite. The U-Shaped full galley is at the base of the companionway and to starboard; deep SS sink, counter space, storage and open arrangement. The navigation station is opposite (to port), and aft of that is a generous double/passaging berth, with access to port-side fuel tank inspection covers.
A workbench and storage Is located In the walkthrough to the aft cabin. Easy access to inspection plates for starboard side fuel tank.
The master stateroom is aft with large queen berth spanning the width of the cabin. Hanging lockers, under berth storage, vanity and drawers provide very generous storage spaces. The en-suite head compartment Includes a marine toilet, sink and shower stall with teak grate. Access to the engine is through a door at the aft cabin.
The main salon is amidships.
- Single berth/settee to port side, storage drawers under settee
- U-Shaped settee with Teak dinette to starboard side
- Seth Thomas clock and barometer mounted on bulkhead
- Generous storage below the settees and in cabin sole
The U-Shaped galley is at the base of the companionway to starboard.
- Fridge/Freezer: Technautics – 2 top-loading doors
- Stove: Origo 6000, 2-burner, alcohol, with oven
- Single SS sink
- Pressure H/C water
- 6-Gallon Raritan water heater, and 1 spare NEW replacement
- Custom integrated drinking glass storage above fridge/freezer compartment
- Generous storage and counter space throughout
Master stateroom is located aft, accessed through a walk-through on starboard side next to the galley.
- Full-beam queen sized berth and en-suite head and shower
- Generous storage and hanging lockers
- Ventilation from over berth hatches
- Light and airy with opening hatches on stern transom and hull
- Beautiful wood joinery and finish continues throughout
- Access to aft of engine room
- En-Suite head with separate shower
- Access to steering quadrant and emergency tiller below berth
Guest stateroom is located full forward.
- Access to anchor locker
- Vee berth
Guest head is located immediately aft of the guest stateroom.
- Marine head
Beautiful Teak decks from bow to stern.
- SS bow pulpit with custom wood seat
- Bow roller: double
- Anchors: (2) at bow: Delta 45#, 1 with 290’ chain and 200’ nylon rode; (1) Danforth 40# with 120’ chain and 200’ nylon rode at stern
- Windlass: Lewmar 120, electric with foot switch on deck
- Teak toerails
- Spinnaker pole mount – on starboard deck and main mast
- Lights: navigation, deck, spreader
- Fresh water washdown at aft deck
- Hard SS railing throughout, additional SS wrapped wire lifelines at port/starboard and stern gates
- Canvas: dodger, bimini, full cockpit enclosure with isenglass. full canvas suncover for use while in dry storage
- Steering and navigation
- Wheel steering
- Engine control panel
- SS covered Ritchie Compass on binnacle with hood
- Access to emergency manual bilge pump
- CPT Autopilot controls
- Storage Lazarettes at helm seat and to port
- Cockpit table
- Drinks holder
- Teak grate on cockpit sole
- Fresh water tank fill plate
- Teak seating throughout
Spacious aft deck area with:
- Stern mounted dinghy davits, manual
- Solar panels: (3) total. (2) 100 watt; (1) 50 watt
- (2) Large Lazarettes
- Stern gate for access to SS boarding/swim ladder
- Removable swim platform (SS and polycarbonate)
- Full canvas sun cover
Electronics and Helm:
Full electronics at navigation station and cockpit helm.
- VHF Radio: Raymarine
- VHF #2: Raymich and portable
- Intercom system
- Stereo: AM/FM/CD with Bose sound system
- TV: Vizio
- Radar: Raymarine 24nm
- Depth Sounder: (2) Tac Tic and Raymarine
- Wind Speed and Direction: Tac Tic Wireless
- Knot Meter: (2) Tac Tic and Raymarine
- Chartplotter: Raymarine
- GPS: (2) Raymarine and Tac Tic
- Auto Pilot: CPT Wheel-belt driven
- Compass: Ritchie
- Bonus: Lots of paper charts and books
- Batteries: 3, with total of 360 amp hours
- Battery charger: Auto
- Battery parallel switch
- Battery monitor
- Dockside electrical cables (3)
- Electrical system: 12v DC and 110v AC
- Inverter: Xantrex sinewave
- Interior lighting: LED throughout
- Alternator: 80 amp with new spare on board
- Solar panels: (3) total. (2) 100 watt; (1) 50 watt
- Sunforce charge controller
- Wind generator: Nature 400 watt (2014) with controller
Engine Details and Mechanical Equipment:
Repowered in 2008.
- Yanmar 4JH4-TE, diesel
- 76 HP with Turbo
- Cruising speed: 6.5 – 7 knots at 2800 rpm
- Max speed: 8.1 knots
- Gallons/hour at cruising speed: 1.5 gallons
- Fresh water cooling system
- Propeller; 3-Blade bronze
- Bilge pumps (2), automatic
- Raw water sea strainer (1)
- Bilge blower (1) in engine room
- Fire Extinguishers: (4) Manual, dry chemical
- Fuel filters: (2) Racor
- Steering: Wheel, cable
- Fuel shut off: Engine
- Head type: Overboard discharge with Y-valve for pump-out on deck
- Watermaker: Katadyn 40
Sails and Rigging:
- Fully cruise equipped, all sails reported in Good condition
- Mainsail: (2), 1 fully-battened
- #1 Genoa (130%)
- Storm sail
- Primary Sail maker: Hyde
- Boom vang
- Winches: (6) total around cockpit; (2) at mast
- Aluminum keel-stepped mast
- Mainsheet traveler
- Lines lead aft into cockpit
- Roller furling: (2) Harken, 1 each for staysail and Genoa
- SS wire standing rigging
- Spinnaker pole – mounted on main mast
- Spare mainsail (from a C&C 40’), good condition
- Lifejackets: (8)
- 406 Satellite EPIRB
- Lifesling, rail-mounted
- MOB pole
- Life Rings (2), rail-mounted
- Jack lines
- Crew harnesses (3)
Seller's Grey metal toolbox with various other tools.
Engine and generator hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.
- Engine Make: Yanmar
- Engine Model: 4JH4-TE
- Engine Year: 2008
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Drive Type:
- Power HP: 76.00
- Fuel Type: Diesel
- Hours: 6000.00
Click any image to view enlarged version. Swipe enlarged image to see additional enlarged images.
Want more information about this yacht?
Curtis Stokes & Associates
Curtis Stokes and Associates, Inc. is a yacht brokerage firm consisting of nine offices and fifty brokers throughout the United States offering worldwide marketing, buyer brokerage services and yacht charters. We also specialize in marketing and selling Great Loop capable yachts and boats.