38' (11.66m) -
Freedom is a 3 owner boat that offers the popular Ted Hood keel/centerboard design, providing shoal draft sailing and uncommon upwind sailing abilities in a boat that is both practical and comfortable. The original owners worked with Ted Hood to add 800 pounds of internal ballast. The result of the1
- North Kingstown Rhode Island United States
- Fiberglass Hull
Curtis Stokes & Associates is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by Brewer Yacht Sales. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey direct representation of a particular vessel
LOA: 38' 3" (11.66 Meters)
Type: Sail - Used
Beam: ' "
Bridge Clearance: ' "
Draft Max: ' "
Draft Min: ' "
Maximum Speed: Knots
Cruise Speed: Knots
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Fuel Tank: Gallons ( Liters)
Fresh Water: Gallons ( Liters)
Holding Tank: Gallons ( Liters)
Full DetailsView Full Details
The master stateroom is forward with a large Pullman berth and filler to create a large sleeping area with a custom orthopedic-style mattress. This stateroom has good light, ventilation and storage.
The large head has private doors from both the owners stateroom & salon and includes a stainless sink, shower with new sump pump, large vanity mirror, white countertop and abundant storage.
There is a large hanging locker to starboard opposite the head.
Her salon is a very comfortable and accommodating space. The interior is varnished teak. The lockers have the up-graded louvered doors that provide constant ventilation and good looks. The teak and holly cabin sole was refinished about 8 years ago and is due for reconditioning. Both port and starboard settees can convert to double berths. There is ample storage under, behind, and above the settees. She has a fixed centerline teak dining table with 2 drop leaves and hidden silverware & liquor cabinet. A brass trawler lamp hangs over dining table, not in service. Headroom is about 6 foot 8 inches in the salon, and about 6 foot 4 inches in the forward cabin and head. The cushions are navy blue with a subtle pattern. All are in good condition..
Next aft to port is a wonderful U-shaped sea galley that is well equipped for cruising. Opposite the galley is the Navigation station with large chart table. The quarter berth is aft to starboard.
Her companionway is centerline and gives access to the engine compartment below. Two overhead hatches, fans, 3 opening ports and 4 Dorades provide excellent ventilation throughout.
Galley and Head;
- Double stainless steel sinks with hot and cold pressure water
- Water filter
- Water level gauge, 2023
- Jabsco accumulator tank, 2021
- Shipmate three burner propane stove and oven
- Frigoboat 12 volt water cooled refrigerator/freezer w/ replacement compressor and control, 2020
- Raritan 6 gal.120 vac water heater with heat exchanger plumbing
- Custom LED lights w/ dimmer over galley
- Plenty of counter space and storage outboard
- Manual pump marine head
- Rulemate Gold series 1500gph shower sump, 2022
- Vanity s/s sink with hot and cold pressure water
- Y-valve with manual pump/deck pumpout plumbing
Three (3) 4D Lifeline AGM house batteries (630ah total), 2021. One (1) Duracell AGM Duralast Group 24 AGM engine start battery. 2019. There are 2 battery selector switches.
- Two 100w flexible solar panels, 2017
- Blue Sky SB3000i solar controller, 2017
- Xantrex Prosine 2000 watt inverter & charger with remote control panel
- Xantrex Echo Charge Combiner
- Guest 4531001 30 amp galvanic isolator
- 120 vac Circuit breaker panel with volt meter
- 12vdc Circuit breaker panel with volt meter
- Victron Energy BMV-700 digital battery monitor, 2018
- Trident propane gas control panel
- 30 amp shore power with 50 foot shore power cord
- 12vdc navigation lights, 2022
Navigation and Electronics;
- Raymarine RL-70 radar at chart table, 2001
- Garmin 2006C GPS/plotter at chart table, 2004
- Raymarine EV-400 Sail Evolution autopilot, 2019 with P70 control head. 2019 (rudder indicator included but not installed).
- Standard Horizon GX2400 VHF radio at chart table, 2022
- Standard Horizon SSM-70H RAM mic at helm, 2022
- Garmin Echomap 50 at helm, 2018 with updated charts 2021
- Raymarine i50 knot meter, cockpit, 2022
- Raymarine i50 depth sounder, 2022 cockpit with DST 810 transducer, 2022
- Raymarine i60 wind/direction/speed instrument, cockpit, 2020
- 2 radar reflectors
- Ritchie binnacle mount compass
- Kenwood KDC-3025 AM/FM/Sirius/CD stereo
Sails and Rigging;
Freedom is a mast head sloop rig with a keel stepped aluminum double spreader mast and wire standing rigging. The standing rigging has been replaced, and much of the running rigging is recent.
- Rolly Tasker Offshore grade custom built in Challenge 8.88oz High Mass Fiber Dacron (for exceptional durability), fully battened mainsail with 2 reefs Sail comes with leech line with clam cleats at reefs and clew, tell tales, flo-stripes, sail battens and sail bag. Construction is to full offshore specifications and includes triple-stitched seams, large radial corner and reef reinforcements, alloy headboard, with handsewn leather chafe protection and Dutchman flaking system, 2017.
- 125% Rolly Tasker Offshore grade genoa custom built in Challenge 8.88oz High Mass Fiber Dacron (for exceptional durability), 2019.
- Harken roller furling for headsail, 2005, Furler line, 2016.
- Gennaker Asymmetrical with sock (age unknown)
- Forespar carbon fiber spinnaker pole
- Lewmar 48ST primaries
- Lewmar 43ST on coach roof
- (2) Lewmar 40 2 speed mast mount winches
- Lewmar 16 2 speed reefing winch on boom
- Merriman centerboard pennant winch, inspected and serviced annually
- Traveler on stainless steel mount forward of companionway
- 2 line clutches for the traveler on the cabin top
- Inside and outside sheet tracks
- Backstay, 2017
- Lower shrouds, 2020
- Traveler lines, 2022
- Spinnaker halyard, 2020
- Halyard restrainer, 2020
- Mast step replaced by second owner, 2013
Deck and Hull;
Solid fiberglass hull, hand-laid construction, with internal ballast glassed into the hull cavity. Additional 800 lbs installed.
Decks are cored with end-grain balsa.
The rudder is skeg hung, and the prop is in an aperture inside the skeg.
The rudder post is bronze,and there is a bronze shoe at the bottom of the rudder/skeg.
Full-length teak rub rail with s.s. striker
Optional high teak toe rail
Bottom epoxy barrier coated
- Bow roller with 45 lb CQR anchor w/ 5/16 x 275 foot Hi tensile g43 chain, 2017.
- Spare chain and rode
- Lewmar V2 12vdc windlass, 2017
- Side stanchions with double life lines, uppers 2018, lowers, 2019 and gates both port and starboard
- Fiberglass Dorade boxes w/ teak tops
- Stainless Dorade vents with SS guards.
- 4 person offshore cannister life raft, 2016, needs certification.
- Spray hood for main hatch
- Emergency tiller
- Weems and Plath strobe, 2021
- 1000gph 12vdc bilge pump, 2022
- Rulemate 2000gph 12vdc bige pump, 2020
- Manual cockpit mounted bilge pump
- Canvas dodger with stainless bows
- Canvas bimini with filler to dodger attaches to back stay
- Cockpit cushions
- Cockpit table
- Pedestal drink holder
- Manual bilge pump
- 2 Jacklines, 2020
- 2 Gorilla tethers, 2016
- MOB pole
- Harken Bocuns chair,
- Life sling
- First aid kit
- Kato dinghy motor crane
- Edson dinghy motor mount
- Stern pushpit
- Swim boarding ladder
- Edson pedestal steering with 42 inch destroyer wheel
- Racor primary fuel filter
- Engine room blower
- Engine room insulation
- Water lift muffler
- Hurth transmission, 2007
- Variprop 3 blade propeller, 2007
- Propeller shaft log repacked, 2020
- Raw water pump, 2020, 1 spare in inventory
- Fuel tank replaced, aluminum, 2007
- High output alternator
- Facet fuel lift pump, 2021
- Fuel injectors replaced, 2022
- Engine mounts installed, 2007
- Everdur heat exchanger, 2007, 1 spare in inventory
- 2 LPG tanks in locker, 2017, 2018, solenoid replaced, 2019
- Brass diesel-fired cabin heater, condition uknown, not in service
- Hour meter installed 6-2013 total of both meters is 3637 hours.
- Engine Make: Universal
- Engine Model: 5444
- Engine Year: 1983
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Drive Type: Direct
- Power HP: 44.00
- Fuel Type: Diesel
- Hours: 3640.00
Click any image to view enlarged version. Swipe enlarged image to see additional enlarged images.
Want more information about this yacht?
Curtis Stokes & Associates
Curtis Stokes and Associates, Inc. is a yacht brokerage firm consisting of nine offices and fifty brokers throughout the United States offering worldwide marketing, buyer brokerage services and yacht charters. We also specialize in marketing and selling Great Loop capable yachts and boats.