36' (10.97m) - Corvus
Corvus is a superbly outfitted Morris Justine 36. She carries Chuck Paine design pedigree, Morris Yachts build quality, and a history of thoughtful ownership. Significant refit in 2016-2018 means this Morris is truly ready to sail away.
- Portsmouth Rhode Island United States
- Fiberglass Hull
Corvus is a superbly outfitted Morris Justine 36.
She carries Chuck Paine design pedigree, Morris Yachts build quality, and a history of thoughtful ownership.
Significant refit in 2016-2018 means this Morris is truly ready to sail away.
Curtis Stokes & Associates is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by East Coast Yacht Sales. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey direct representation of a particular vessel
LOA: 36' " (10.97 Meters)
Type: Sail - Used
Beam: 11' 7"
Bridge Clearance: ' "
Draft Max: 4' 6"
Draft Min: ' "
Maximum Speed: 7 Knots
Cruise Speed: 6 Knots
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Fuel Tank: 37 Gallons (140.06 Liters)
Fresh Water: 107 Gallons (405.04 Liters)
Holding Tank: 20 Gallons (75.71 Liters)
Full DetailsView Full Details
Design and Build Details
The Morris Justine 36 is from the drawing board of Chuck Paine built by the iconic Morris Yachts. Paine and Morris combined on 14 designs and 199 boats through the years.
Following the successful Frances 26, Leigh 30 and Annie 29 collaborations, Morris and Paine embarked on the Justine 36 as a more accommodating cruiser with offshore capabilities.
The result is a masterpiece of interior space, accommodations, sailing ability and undeniable beauty.
Layout / Accommodations
Starting aft, the engine is located at the base of the companionway stairs with generous access to the front of the engine via removable panel as well as side access from the stbd side cockpit locker
To port is a single quarter berth, electrical distribution panel and nav station with seat.
To starboard of the companionway is a practical U shaped galley: double stainless steel sink near centerline, hot and cold pressure water, Force 10 three burner stove with oven, engine drive Seafrost refrigeration, dry storage in drawers, lockers and cupboards. Dish set, mugs and flatware.
Moving forward is the saloon with straight settee to port and U-shaped settee to starboard. The pedestal table lowers to create a convertible double berth on the starboard side. There are bookshelves and lockers above and outboard to port and starboard. Storage behind the settee backs. Tankage is under the settees. There is 6'3" headroom in the saloon.
Opening stainless steel portlights and an overhead hatch provide ventilation and light.
Moving through the saloon, there is a large ventilated hanging locker to port. The head is to starboard: manual marine toilet, sink with pull out shower / faucet, shower sump, plenty of storage.
The V-berth is a full sized double with insert. There are shelves with fiddles port and starboard. A vanity / counter is to port which houses storage lockers and a drawer. There is also drawer storage under the starboard side of the V-berth. There are three stainless steel opening portlights (one of which is the Chuck Paine classic forward facing portlight) and an overhead hatch in the V-berth.
There is anchor locker access at the forward foot of the V-berth.
Hull, Deck and Cockpit
- Hand laid fiberglass hull, teak caprail, wood rub rail
- Gelcoat topside hull finish
- Hand laid fiberglass deck with balsa core, contrasting painted non-skid
- 9 stainless steel opening portlights
- 2 opening overhead hatches
- Teak handrails on the cabin top
- 2 dorade vents
- Stainless steel pulpit and pushpit
- Double stainless steel wire lifelines (including upper and lower at gates)
- Single spreader aluminum mast and boom with solid vang kicker
- Swaged wire standing rigging
- Removable inner forestay
- Removable, fold-up Trogear carbon fiber bow sprit
- Staysail sheet tracks on cabin top
- Inboard genoa sheet tracks on deck with car movers
- Mid-boom sheeting with traveler on companionway hood - controls to cockpit
- Edson helm pedestal with stainless steel wheel
- Dual lever engine control
- Cockpit storage lockers port and starboard
- Cockpit table
- Cockpit cushions
- Boarding Ladder
- Primary and secondary (New 2016) winches for sheets and furling lines
- 3 winches on mast
- House top winches with jammers port and starboard for halyard, mainsheet, reef and sail control lines
Sails and Rigging
- Single spreader aluminum rig and boom
- Forespar Hard Vang kicker (New 2018)
- Stainless steel wire standing rigging (New 2017)
- Tides Marine Mainsail track (New 2022)
- Harken MK IV-2 headstay furler and foil (New 2018)
- Harken Traveler (Reubuilt 2023)
- Halyards (jib, spinn and stay), reefing lines and genoa furling lines are "Endurabraid" (New 2018)
- Halyards: 1 main, 2 jib, 1 spinn, 1 staysail
- Preventer lines affixed to boom (New 2016)
- Assorted blocks and snatch blocks
- Custom Thurston Canvas Dodger and Bimini (New 2015)
- Quantum MC 3500 Mainsail, three reefs, with Dutchman Flaking (New 2018)
- Quantum MC 3500 140% Genoa (New 2018)
- Quantum MC3500 Dynema Luff Furling Staysail (New 2018)
- Quantum Code Zero MC 3500 - furling (New 2017)
- Quantum A4/A5 Top Down Furling Asymm Spinnaker (New 2019)
- UBI FR 125 RW furler for Code Zero / A4-A5
- North Sails .75 ox Cruising G2 Spinnaker in sock (New 2016)
- Dacron storm jib (New 2018)
- Dacron Storm Trysail - age unknown, never used
- North Sails - Dacron Main - age unknown
Electrical / Electronics
- Qty 4 Lifeline GPL-4CT -(6 volt) house batteries (New 2023) - 440 Amp hours
- Qty 1 Lifeline GPL3100t - engine start battery (New 2023)
- AC and DC Distribution Panel with DC Voltage and Amp Gauges
- 2x Xantrex LinkLite Battery Monitors (House and Start)
- Shore power inlet, shore power cord
- Sine Wave 300 Watt Inverter
- Balmar 100 Amp Alternator (New 2023)
- Eclectic Energy D-400 Wind Generator (New 2018)
- B&G H5000 Hercules system: 3x Zeus Glass Helm plotters, 4G Radar, AIS, Autopilot with wireless remote (New 2017)
- Chart chips: C202 (Chesapeake North) and C203 (Chesapeake South)
- B&G VHF with wireless cockpit remote (New 2017)
- Fusion Stereo - Bluetooth capable
- Cockpit (New 2023) and Saloon speakers
- Lecombe & Schmitt Hydraulic 50ST20 Autopilot drive - oversized for 60' boat (New 2017)
- Electrical transwer switch between B&G Autopilot and pre-existing Raymarine autopilot electronics (New 2017)
- Iridium Extreme Sat Phone with docking station with external wired antenna and Sidekick wi-fi router (New 2017)
- Air Mar DST 610 Bluetooth enabled Speed / Depth / Temp (New 2022)
- Masthead Tricolor light with optional strobe (New 2015)
- Hella Fans installed at three sea berths (New 2023)
- Simrad rudder feedback transducer (New 2023)
- ACR EPIRB
- Newly Refurbished Yanmar 3JH5E, 39 hp auxiliary diesel and new exhaust (New 2017)
- 3 Blade Maxprop
- Balmar 100 Amp alternator (New 2023)
- Sea Frost engine drive refrigeration - updated refrigerant to 139A (Refrigerant 2023)
- Simpson & Lawrence Hyspeed Manual Anchor Windlass - (Rebuilt 2022)
- Chain and rope rode with (2) FX-23 Fortress Anchors
- Second chain and rope rode
- Force 10 three burner propane stove with oven
- Xintex Propane monitor and control
- 10g Hot Water Heater - shore power or engine take off
- Fuel tank - 37 g under port settee
- Fuel gauge
- Water tanks - 57 g Nauta bladder (New 2016) under stbd settee and 50 g Aluminum tank under V berth
- Seagull fresh water filter - new cartridge 2023
- Raritan manual marine toilet (New 2018)
- Custom fabricated plastic waste water tank, approx 20 g under V berth (New 2021)
- New waste plumbing, new manual waste pump (New 2021)
- Edson Steering System - full rebuild new chain, bearings and steering cable (2019)
- Racor Filter relocated to aft hanging locker for easy access (2018)
- 12v DC forwarding fuel pump for ease of filter purging (New 2018)
- Three way fuel valve at engine to allow for onboard fuel polishing (New 2018)
- LED running bow lights (New 2016)
- 4 person inflatable dinghy with oars and foot pump
- 8 hp Nissan outboard
- Dock lines and fenders
- Spare parts: 80 amp alternator, starter motor, priming pump, filters
Engine and generator hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
- Engine Make: Yanmar
- Engine Model: 3JH5E
- Engine Year: 2017
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Power HP: 0.00
- Fuel Type: Diesel
- Hours: 917.00
Click any image to view enlarged version. Swipe enlarged image to see additional enlarged images.