46' (14.02m) 46 - Barataria
Owner’s version 2 master cabins – each en-suite Sleeps 6 (including 2 Salon berths) – 2 full heads w/ showers Large cockpit, swim platform, stern arch
- Fort Lauderdale Florida United States
- Fiberglass Hull
Cockpit is 3/4 enclosed for comfort in inclement weather – or can be opened for the ocean breeze
Easy to handle by 1 person, , genoa furling, electric halyard winch,
Large fully equipped Galley and Salon, air conditioning w/ heat
Shallow draft w/bulb keel
Low engine hours
Well equipped , INCLUDING solar panels
NEW Standing rigging Dec. 2020
This comfortable and fast sailer, boasts the much sought after two large cabin layout, the typical owner's version, never in a charter fleet
She is in very good condition, has excellent sailing characteristics, and is easily handled by one person. Full electronics package, and many options for a safe, comfortable cruiser, day sailor, or live aboard.
Her U-shaped galley, unlike an inline galley, is a delight to have while preparing meals underway.
RECENT UPGRADES ; :She comes equipped with AIR CON , Raymarine chart plotter (NEW 2020), Raymarine radar (NEW 2020), AIS (NEW 2020), Genoa (NEW 2017), mainsail (NEW 2017), custom sail pack NEW (2018), halyards, sheets, lines (NEW 2017), SailTrac on mast( NEW 2017), Bimini (NEW 2017), solar panels (NEW 2016), injectors & fuel pump on generator (NEW 2017), batteries (NEW 2021), Thru-Hull fittings ( all NEW 2016)
Owners take pride in this vessel and it shows! Clean and organized.
Contact the listing broker for more information, or to make an appointment to see this exceptional vessel.
This vessel can be purchased with Bitcoin or other crypto currency if desired
Curtis Stokes & Associates is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by Denison Yachting. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey direct representation of a particular vessel
LOA: 46' " (14.02 Meters)
Type: Sail - Used
Beam: 13' 11"
Bridge Clearance: ' "
Draft Max: 5' 9"
Draft Min: ' "
Twin Berths: 1
Double Berths: 2
Maximum Speed: Knots
Cruise Speed: Knots
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Fuel Tank: Gallons ( Liters)
Fresh Water: Gallons ( Liters)
Holding Tank: Gallons ( Liters)
Full DetailsView Full Details
LOA ……………………... 46 ft ………. 14 meters
Waterline length …..39 ft 1 in … 12 m
Beam ……………... 13 ft 11 in ……4.24 m
Draft …………………. 5 ft 9 in ……1.75 m
Bridge clearance … 60 ft
Displacement …. 20,944 lbs
Ballast …… 7496 lbs
Tankage: Fuel … 53 gal
Water … 210 gal ( in 3 tanks)
Holding… 36 gal ( in 2 tanks)
Engine……. Volvo Penta TMD22 - 77 HP ( 2800 hrs.)
Generator …. Northern Lights ( 1910 hrs.)
This Beneteau 461 is an owner's version, 2 large cabin, layout. The main saloon presents with a large U-shaped galley starboard for ease of meal prep underway. Dinette seating wraps around a large table, expandable with a removable leaf, and convertible to a double berth. Portside is a long settee (with lee cloth) and a Nav station. The forward cabin holds a queen size inline berth, an abundance of storage, and private head with shower. The large aft cabin has ample storage and private access to a head with shower. Full, easy engine access is accomplished by three large openings: under companionway steps, in aft cabin, and in the galley.
Cruise Air split system, compressor in the lazarette and serves two (2) 16,000 BTU & 1-10,000 BTU evaporators for the salon and staterooms with digital controls & reverse cycle heat.
Type III Marine Sanitation System.
Two (2) Jabsco mechanical heads, fore and aft heads with “Y” diverter valve for overboard discharge. Or Holding tank has deck pump out
The master stateroom can be forward or aft as both staterooms feature queen berth and en-suite head and shower.
The aft stateroom features a large queen berth athwartships. The interior reflects beautiful hardwood trim and veneered bulkheads. It also contains numerous storage lockers, opening ports and hatches, and a desk or full vanity to Port. The Head and shower have a private access door to this aft stateroom, and also an access door in the Salon, making this also the day head.
Navigation station ( forward facing) is next to Port with the galley across to Starboard
The U shaped galley to Starboard, with island puts the chef always in the middle of entertaining or sailing. The large saloon is next, forward of the Galley. with U shaped dinette settee with center armrest to Port
This owners' version has a private cabin forward of the Salon, with the en-suite head To Port with separate stall shower
- 5 hatches over for good ventilation
- Sony stereo w/cockpit speakers
- Sharp Aquos 32" flat panel television
- Cherry wood interior
- Simulated composite sole
MAIN LEVEL ACCOMMODATIONS SPACES:
Reckoning from bow going aft, the vessel divided by non-water tight partition bulkheads providing
the following spaces: Deck access forepeak chain locker. Forward stateroom with a centerline queen
size pedestal berth. Settee to port aft with hanging locker aft to port. Aft to starboard of stateroom is the
forward head compartment with manual commode, vanity and open shower. Next aft and to salon area
with convertible dinette to starboard followed by a “U” shaped galley adjacent. Adjacent to port in saloon is convertible settee followed by navigation station aft. Moving aft to port from saloon area finds enclosed head compartment. Aft finds a stateroom with full large berth and storage cabinetry. Companionway steps on centerline aft in galley/saloon area with machinery space below. Steps lead aft to open cockpit area with aft lazarette.
Cherry veneer over plywood joinery cabinetry & wood work. Teak plywood cabin sole plates. Wood or vinyl hull liner. Fiberglass reinforced plastic molded head liners.
Salon and Galley
- Open feeling in the Salon is achieved with larger ports and opening hatches.
- Dinette -seats 6 – to Port
- Settee – to Port
- Full Nav station
- Abundant lighting and storage
- U Shaped Starboard Galley
- Solid surface counter tops
- 3 burner Force 10 stove with oven
- Double SS sink with hot/cold pressure water
- refrigeration (2017) with Front Loading fridge and top loading freezer - Adler Barbour 12-volt DC refrigeration system.
- In counter trash bin
- Extra large storage locker in counter
- 3 cabinets above the counters
- Under sink cabinet
- Under counter cabinet
Electrical and Electronics
- Raymarine chart plotter (June 2017) interfaced with radar, AIS, wind, & depth
- Raymarine radar (June 2017) 24 mile radar, stern mount mast sole with swivel scanner mount.
- AIS Send and Receive (June 2017)
- Raymarine Auto Pilot (2010)
- Raymarine ST 6t0 Tri-data Repeater (2006)
- Raymarine ST-60 Wind Indicator.
- ICOM M710 SS band radio
- One (1) 15” mast head Windex indicator.
- Miscellaneous Electronics:
- Auto Helm Multi-Digital Repeater
- Auto Helm GPS Digital Repeater
- Battery powered 12 volt DC system.
- Shore Power 50 amp and ships generator 120 volt 30 amp AC internal power system.
- One (1) 12-volt DC service.
- Two (2) for 120-volt AC service panels at Navigation Station for Shore Power/Generator/and Inverter Service.
- Three (3) Bank System for machinery start and house service.
- Two (2) 12-volt DC Group 4D lead acid batteries. (Bank 2 &3)
- One (1) 12 volt DC Group 27 Gel Cell. (Bank 1)
Battery Charging and Converter:
- Hart 20-2000 Watt 120-volt AC automatic multi-battery charger & Combination
- Inverter with a Link 200 Digital Charger/Inverter Control.
- Trace Engineering U2512 2.5 KW inverter
- Two (2) 100 WT Solar Panels with a 40 WT MPPT Solar Charger Controller.
- One (1) Panasonic AM/FM Model CQ-C8100U automotive stereo with speakers and speaker selection box..
- TMD22 4-cylinder turbo charged diesel engine Rated at 77 HP ( 2800 hrs.)
- Single lever Volvo engine control
- Three (3) blade bronze alloy feathering Max Pro,
- Northern Lights Model:M673L3 Three (3) cylinder diesel 1910 hrs.
- One Rule 1500GPH 12 volt DC bilge pumps with auto float switches.
- One Jabsco diaphragm bilge pump
Fresh Water Pump:
- One (1) Jabsco 12 volt DC demand pump and one (1) Spare.
Hot Water Heater:
- One (1) 120 volt AC electric unit approx. six (6) gallon hot water heater with pressure relief valve.
Shower Sump Pump:
- Two (2) 12 volt DC shower sump pumps.
Wash Down Pumps:
- One (1) Jabsco 12 volt DC raw water wash down pump.
Hull and Deck
Large cockpit with easy access to the stern swim platform. The cockpit is fully protected by a large Bimini top with integral dodger, and side and aft enclosure with both full Isinglass, and screened openings.
Wide side decks also allow easy access fore and aft, and a Large foredeck provides lots of space for anchoring, handling dock lines, or simply lounging in the sun
All fiberglass/polyester hull; laminate hand laid construction with woven roving
and mat with resin and original white gel coat finish. Section displacement monolithic hull with a model bow, sugar scooped step-down with swim step elliptical stern, round chines, flush decks with slight sheer to the foredeck.
Molded round, standard draft, and hull with bulb keel and free-hanging spade rudder. Standard draft lead bulb and winged keel, bolted to hull.
Through Hull Fittings:
Bronze threaded type through hulls below the waterline, chrome plated & nylon above waterline.
Apollo ball valves throughout. Bronze and Lexan plastic in line type sea strainers.
Balanced spade rudder with stainless rudder stock
Port and starboard 4 (four) each aluminum framed windows hull sides.
Port and starboard four (4) four each aluminum frame port holes.
Lexan drop board and Lexan slide hatch in way of the aft salon companionway.
Aluminum joiner, Plexiglas skylight hinged escape and ventilation hatches, all hatches are dogged type.
One (1) escape hatches salon and foredeck.
Seven (7) ventilator cabin top hatches.
One (1) welded aluminum tank, 53 gal
3-fiberglass tanks - (2)-port & starboard under galley sole & (1) under Forward berth
Type III MSD sanitation system.
Two (2) approx. 18 gallons each polypropylene plastic holding tank, forward and aft tanks.
- ALL NEW Thru-Hull Fittings (January 2016)
- 3 Blade Feathering Max Prop (Serviced 2018)
- Electric Windlass - Simpson Lawrence (2008)
- Custom SS Davits
- Custom Radar Mount (canting)
- Custom Dingy Motor Mount
- XM Weather Works Antenna
- SS Swim Ladder
- Six Man DBC Life Raft
- Man Overboard Module
- Rub rail with Stainless Steel Strikes
- 45lb CQR Primary Anchor with 250 ft of Chain
- 45lb Bruce Secondary Anchor
- New bottom paint July 2022
Aft cockpit, combination pedestal steering console with winged table. Instrument pod and side mount engine control. Engine monitor panel. Molded seating with teak inlaid stripping.
Bimini top & dodger, navigation instruments & electronics and destroyer helm wheel. Aft cockpit flip-up helm seat at aft cockpit walk through.
(2)-Port and starboard aft seat storage equipment lockers.
Transom mount, port and starboard lockers on sugar scoop swim step. (Small aft Port locker is an LP gas locker.)
- Full Bimini (NEW 2017) and Dodger
- Isinglass Enclosure for 3 sides of cockpit
- Shade panels
- Large cockpit table
Double bow anchor chute with rollers. 55 Lb. Delta primary anchor with approx. 70 meters ( 220 ft) 10mm ( 3/8) chain, Chain new march 2022
250’ of 5/8” nylon three twist rode. One (1) 44 LB. Bruce secondary anchor.
NEW March 2022 – Lofrans Cayman windlass w/ remote hand control
Port & starboard stern mount stainless tube dinghy davits with tackle.
Davits support solar panels. One (1) outboard motor davit hoist.
Sails and Rigging
Anodized extruded aluminum mast and boom
With port & starboard stainless grab bars
And boom, mast fitted with twin aluminum raked spreader bars and
Stainless/aluminum fixed gooseneck.
1“ X 19” shrouds & stays, New Dec 2020
Stainless rod support chain plates with stainless single barrel turn buckles,
Single upper, single intermediate shrouds between spreaders and single lower shrouds.
12- Lower and 1-upper and upper diamond.
Single head stay inner forestay and dual back stays
All halyards and sheets are fair leaded to
The cockpit on the port and starboard sides.
All Lewmar winches.
Two (2) No. 54 two speed self-tailing primary winches.
Two (1) No. 44 two-speed self-tailing sheet and halyard winch.
One (1) No. 44 two speed, self tailing 120 volt DC electric winch
ProFurl roller furling for head sail system.
One (1) 120% Genoa.
One (1) 155% Genoa.
One (1) main sail.
- NEW Pro Furl RF 155 Genoa (2017)
- NEW Fully Battened Main (2017)
- NEW Custom Stack Pack (2018)
- NEW Halyards, Sheets, and Reef Lines, all run to cockpit (2016)
- NEW SAILTRAC on mast (Sept. 2017)
- Electric Cabin-top winch for Halyards and Reefing
- 2 Lewmar 54 Cockpit Winches
- Symmetrical Spinnaker
- Solid Boom Vang
- One (1) Type II buoy with retrieval lanyard.
- One (1) stainless swim ladder, transom mount.
Emergency Bilge Pump:
- One (1) fixed mount hand pump in the cockpit.
- Life Raft new 2021
- Dingy and outboard – 2020
Sail Magazine Review
By Tom Dove • Beneteau boats keep getting better looking while retaining the consistent quality and good finish that keep owners coming back as they move up in size. The new 46 could be an “ultimate boat” for many sailors who have experience in smaller vessels and are now looking for a stylish, fast, spacious boat that they can continue to sail into their retirement years
Owner’s personal effects are excluded from the sale
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.
- Engine Make: Volvo Penta
- Engine Model: TMD22
- Engine Year: 1997
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Drive Type:
- Power HP: 77.00
- Fuel Type: Diesel
- Hours: 2800.00
Click any image to view enlarged version. Swipe enlarged image to see additional enlarged images.
Want more information about this yacht?
Curtis Stokes & Associates
Curtis Stokes and Associates, Inc. is a yacht brokerage firm consisting of nine offices and fifty brokers throughout the United States offering worldwide marketing, buyer brokerage services and yacht charters. We also specialize in marketing and selling Great Loop capable yachts and boats.