1978 Camper & Nicholsons
31' (9.45m) CN31 - Taurus
This classic Nicholson 31 was designed and built as an exceptional ocean cruiser by the renown Camper & Nicholson yard in England. She has been impeccably refitted and is ready to sail anywhere.
- St. Marys Georgia United States
- Fiberglass Hull
This classic Nicholson 31 was designed and built as an exceptional ocean cruiser by the renown Camper & Nicholson yard in England. Hull #083, Taurus has been extensively refurbished and improved by expert James Baldwin of Cruising Yacht Services and is ready to sail anywhere. Good comfortable passage maker with a sea kindly motion. Except where noted the refit work listed below was completed in 2019-2021.
The boat currently has a sun cover seen on some of the images. The remainder of the images were taken prior to installing the sun protector.
Hull and bottom:
- Sturdy transom hung rudder
- Solid fiberglass hull with no blisters evident
- Repainted topsides with Proline 4800 polyurethane (2022)
- Two Interlux barrier epoxy coats and Pettit Trinidad Pro Blue antifouling (2022)
- All seacocks replaced with thru-bolted bronze Groco flanged base type
-Forward scan sonar transducer
- Tiller steering
- Decks repainted with Kiwi Grip
- Deck trim areas repainted with Awlgrip
- Lifelines replaced with uncoated 1x19 stainless steel wire
- Sunbrella dodger and bimini
- Winches serviced, including two self-tailing winches in cockpit
- Teak handrails
- Two opening hatches
- Maxwell anchor windlass in recessed deck locker with salt water washdown
Chart table with quarterberth, two bunk/settees with lee cloths in saloon, head and vanity with shower amidships with sliding door and v-berth forward. Has 6 ft headroom
- Pressure water with 65-gal water tank in bilge
- Watertight collision bulkhead and door added aft of chain locker
- New overhead liner panels trimmed with sapele
- Varnished sapele lockers in forepeak and saloon
- Origo 3000 alcohol stove with locker under
- Lavac manual vacuum toilet with waste tank
- Icebox/fridge (not currently connected)
- Lagun table in saloon, also mountable in the cockpit
Sails and Rigging:
- New standing and running rigging
- Sturdy keel-stepped mast with Spartite deck seal
- New North Sails mainsail with three reef points, jack tackline for easy slab reefing
- Mack Pack stacking and reef system for the mainsail
- Tides Marine low friction mainsail track on mast
- Two halyard winches on mast
- Older 135% furling genoa in good condition with new Harken MKIV furler
- Boom vang
- Whisker pole
- Yanmar 3GM30 - 28hp 3-cylinder diesel, completely overhauled (new shaft and stern tube bearing)
- Bulmar high-capacity alternator with upgraded Electro max pulley and serpentine drive belt
- 16-gal fuel tank with Racor prefilter and fuel polisher
- Fuel tank top remade for tank gauge sender
- New prop shaft and Campbell Sailer 3 blade high thrust, low drag prop
- New exhaust system
Electrical and electronics:
- Six 100AH AGM batteries
- All LED lighting inside and out
- Lightning ground system from Marine Lightning Protection Inc.
- New switch panels
- 4 X 50W solar panels, including 2 on pole mount Solar-Trackers
- Pro Safe Galvanic Isolator
- Blue Seas battery switch
- Victron battery monitor
- 2000 W pure sine inverter/charger
- B&G instrument suite with Zeus3 9 display and two Triton repeaters
- B&G Halo radar (2022) (new in box, not installed)
- AIS and VHF
- Forward Scan sonar
- Pelagic autopilot
- 30A shore power cord
- Maxwell HR 10-8 electric anchor windlass
- 175 of 5/16 G4 anchor chain with 100 nylon extension
- Mantus primary anchor
- Danforth-type secondary anchor
- Surflo Pro Blaster salt water washdown pump system with bow and stern outlets
- Monitor Wind Vane
- Winslow 4-man life raft in valise
- 7.5 inflatable dinghy
- Para-Tech sea anchor
LOA: 31' " (9.45 Meters)
Type: Sail - Used
Beam: ' "
Bridge Clearance: ' "
Draft Max: 5' "
Draft Min: ' "
Maximum Speed: Knots
Cruise Speed: Knots
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Fuel Tank: Gallons ( Liters)
Fresh Water: Gallons ( Liters)
Holding Tank: Gallons ( Liters)
Click any image to view enlarged version. Swipe enlarged image to see additional enlarged images.
Want more information about this yacht?
Curtis Stokes & Associates
Curtis Stokes & Associates are headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. The Fort Lauderdale office is run by president and yacht broker Curtis Stokes, a long time resident of Fort Lauderdale and a well known broker for many years in the South Florida area.
Fort Lauderdale is on the southeastern coast close to the Florida Keys, Bahamas and the Caribbean. Fort Lauderdale is known as a crossroads of yachting and is home to 165 miles of water ways and many marinas providing ample dockage for yachts. The Fort Lauderdale Boat Show every fall is the world’s largest attracting a world wide clientele.