54' (16.46m) 50 - Grouse
The Gulfstar 50 design has proven to be a stout, practical cruising yacht. Grouse's classic overhangs and styling will turn heads in any harbor, while her sloop rig allows her sailplan to be easily handled by a crew of two.
- Newport Rhode Island United States
- Fiberglass Hull
The Gulfstar 50 design has proven to be a stout, practical cruising yacht. Grouse's classic overhangs and styling will turn heads in any harbor, while her sloop rig allows her sailplan to be easily handled by a crew of two. Her protected center cockpit provides shelter in rough water and a spacious location to relax with guests in a quiet anchorage. Below deck, her spacious two cabin layout will comfortably accommodate six for extended cruising, with arrangements for additional sea berths in the main salon. Solid teak is used liberally throughout, with finely finished storage spaces and lockers with louvered doors. An excellent liveaboard, coastal or blue water cruiser.
Curtis Stokes & Associates is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by David Walters Yachts. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey direct representation of a particular vessel
LOA: 54' " (16.46 Meters)
Type: Sail - Used
Beam: 13' 6"
Bridge Clearance: ' "
Draft Max: 5' 6"
Draft Min: ' "
Maximum Speed: Knots
Cruise Speed: Knots
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Fuel Tank: 160 Gallons (605.67 Liters)
Fresh Water: 210 Gallons (794.94 Liters)
Holding Tank: Gallons ( Liters)
Full DetailsView Full Details
Grouse has several stages of water purification. First it passes through a ‘whole house’ charcoal filter after which water is again filtered for ice maker. At galley sink there is a separate spigot fed by additional two stage filter under sink. Water is additionally filtered prior to entering tank with in-line filter to be used on hose.
- Seaward 3 burner LPG stove with oven/broiler and remote gas shut off
- GE turntable microwave built-in
- Crosby 120v cold plate system with 7 cu. ft. refrigeration & 3cu. ft. freezer (freezer holds to -5F)
- Full assortment pots/pans, utensils and more
- Built-in dish rack/holder with full setting for 8
- Spice rack
- Uline 25lbs/day ice maker with charcoal water filter
- Cummins B3 65 HP main drive engine (new 2012) with new Velvet-Drive transmission 2.91 =:1 reduction gear
- Onan MDKD8 8Kw generator re-built 2010
- 6 gal hot water heater
- 10 amp charger for 27 group size generator battery
- 40 amp charger for two 8D batteries (one house, one main engine) each has main switch and crossover swithc
- Scentry 415 fume detector
- Whale manual emergency pump
- Whale "Gulper" 220 automatic/manual bilge pump
- 2 Racor 500 fuel filters (one main engine, one generator with crossover) include vacuum gauges
- 1 Racor 500 fuel filter for transfer pump between fuel tanks
- Marine Air 16,000 BTU air/heat
- FCF 13,000 BTU air/heat
- Spare circulating pump for above
- Shore input 50 amp 240 volt to (2) 30 amp 120 volt main breakers
- 30 amp output connector (limited to 20 amps) to feed generator to rafted friends
- 7500 watt isolation transformer allows connecting to every domestic or international power source
- 12 volt high efficiency lighting throughout
- Link (Datamarine) 5000 sailing instruments
- Garmin GPS65
- Raytheon RK3000 WAS/GPS
- Standard CMP847B VHF
- 3- Jensen CD5050 CD/AM/FM; main cabin, rear cabin & forward cabin
- Autohelm ST7000 autopilot with direct hydraulic drive to rudder
- ICOM IC-M710 SSB
- ICOM IC-745 SSB
- Furuno 36 mile radar
- AOC 22" LED 1080P TV
- LoCata 406 EPIRB with auto deploy deck mount
- Gateway laptop with navigation program and all East Coast charts coupled to GPS and Autohelm
- Complete service manuals on all equipment
- Hood In-Mast electric roller furling
- 150% genoa with Schaefer roller furling (Schaefer unit new 2005)
- Anchor sail to minimize "dancing" on a mooring or anchor
- 45 lb CQR with 150' 3/8" BBB chain
- 45 lb Danforth with 25' chain and 250' 5/8 nylon strand rode
- Ideal windlass with gypsy, 2500 lb pull
- AVON/ West Marine 11' rigid inflatable
- Simpson stainless steel davits with internal windlass
- (4) 30' 3/4 nylon strand
- (4) 40' 3/4 nylon strand
- (2) 36" oak fender boards
- (6) 30" x 6" fenders
Incredible assortment of spare parts for extended cruising
- 3 approved hand held fire extinguishers
- Automatic/Manual CO2 system in engine room
- Up to date signal set
- AVON 6 man life raft with custom deck mount
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.
- Engine Make: Cummins
- Engine Model: B3
- Engine Year: 2012
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Drive Type: Direct
- Power HP: 65.00
- Fuel Type: Diesel
- Hours: 200.00
Click any image to view enlarged version. Swipe enlarged image to see additional enlarged images.
Want more information about this yacht?
Curtis Stokes & Associates
Curtis Stokes and Associates, Inc. is a yacht brokerage firm consisting of nine offices and fifty brokers throughout the United States offering worldwide marketing, buyer brokerage services and yacht charters. We also specialize in marketing and selling Great Loop capable yachts and boats.