1989 Little Harbor
54' (16.46m) 54 - ATALANTA
- Burgess Virginia United States
- Fiberglass Hull
ATALANTA is a comfortable shoal draft cruising vessel with outstanding passagemaking performance. She’s one of those boats that turns heads wherever she goes. To date, she has had just three owners, all of whom have been generous in their commitment to keep her in truly first-class condition.
With her Hood Stoway mast and well-placed self-tailing winches, she’s one of the easiest boats of her size to sail shorthanded. In fact, her primary and secondary sail-handling self-tailing winches and controls for furling and unfurling her main and headsails are not only within reach of the helmsman, they are so well placed that reaching isn’t part of the engagement. Her keel centerboard configuration offers minimum draft of 5’-8” with board up and 11’-4” with board down.
ATALANTA is an exceptional boat. She is sailed regularly, captain maintained and ready for her new owners and their adventures.
Curtis Stokes & Associates is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by Wellington Yacht Partners. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey direct representation of a particular vessel
LOA: 54' " (16.46 Meters)
Type: Sail - Used
Beam: 15' 1"
Bridge Clearance: ' "
Draft Max: 11' 4"
Draft Min: 5' 8"
Single Berths: 4
Queen Berths: 1
Maximum Speed: 8 Knots
Cruise Speed: 7 Knots
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Fuel Tank: 175 Gallons (662.45 Liters)
Fresh Water: 310 Gallons (1173.48 Liters)
Holding Tank: Gallons ( Liters)
Full DetailsView Full Details
ACCOMMODATIONS AND LAYOUT
Three staterooms sleep six, plus two on salon settees. Desirable layout with centerline queen berth in aft master. Three private heads with showers. New Oyster White Ultra Leather upholstery.
Below decks joinery is impeccably finished in a combination of gloss and satin varnished teak with teak and holly cabin soles. Overhead panels are white. Galley countertops are Corian.
Beginning forward is a large, open bosun's locker/work room.
Next aft are two (port and starboard) guest staterooms, each with large over/under berths. These cabins have plenty of storage space in drawers, hanging lockers and overhead airline-style drop lockers. Each has a private head with shower and Jabsco manual toilet.
The main salon has a large U-shaped dinette to starboard and a full-length settee to port. The salon is open, bright and very comfortable. (6) Stainless steel fixed Lexan hull ports, (6) stainless steel opening deckhouse ports and (2) stainless overhead hatches, as well as the main companionway, provide an exceptional amount of light and natural ventilation.
Aft of the salon to starboard is a walk-thru galley that leads to the aft stateroom.
- Force 10 4-burner propane stove with oven and broiler
- Seafrost top-loading freezer (2008), with new compressor and valves (2020)
- Seafrost side-opening refrigerator (2008), with new compressor and valves (2020)
- Grohe faucet
- Corian countertops (off-white)
- Stainless steel double sinks
- Hull port behind stove
- (4) Opening ports in deckhouse and cockpit
- Storage for pots, pans, dry goods etc.
In the port passageway are the chart table and electrical panels, as well as the master head with separate stall shower.
The master stateroom aft features a centerline queen berth and has no fewer than (10) lockers, (4) large drawers, several smaller drawers and a large hanging locker. Abundant light and ventilation are provided via stainless opening ports and large stainless steel overhead hatches.
The owner’s cabin head is to port, with sink, stall shower and electric toilet (2018). The head area is a masterful design with a storage locker, vanity and counter space with beautifully crafted varnished teak fiddles.
ELECTRONICS AND NAVIGATION EQUIPMENT
- Raytheon radar
- Sea 222 SSB radio
- ICOM M-100 VHF (2013)
- (2) Autopilots: (1) Robertson AP200 DL and (1) new Raymarine (2019)
- Raytheon speed and depth readouts
- Raymarine E80
- Simrad AP26
- Raytheon wind/speed/direction (2019)
- (2) Raytheon Maxview depth/speed/heading/wind repeaters
- Raytheon X-Track repeater
- Raytheon radar repeater
- Radar mast antenna
- Raymarine E80 repeater
- Sony stereo CD changer with speakers in main salon, aft cabin and cockpit
- KVH TV (2018
- 12-volt DC house system
- 12-volt DC engine starting system
- 110-volt AC system
- 7.6 kW Westerbeke generator (new 2021)
- Generator sound shield
- All new batteries (2019)
- Mastervolt Inverter/battery charger (new, 2019)
- Engine-driven alternator for battery changing
- All battery wiring (new 2019)
- Bass main electrical panel with back lighting
- AC and DC voltage and load meters
- Indirect lighting in main salon and aft stateroom
- 12-volt DC fans at each berth and salon
- Automatic on/off light switches in hanging lockers
- GFI outlets in galley and heads
- Copper grounding strap, running bow to stern glassed into hull
- 509-amp shore power inlet
- (2) 50/150-amp shore power cords
- Hand-laid fiberglass hull with Airex foam core construction
- Hull Awlgripped Aristo Blue
- Molded fiberglass rudder with stainless steel stock and framework. Harken steering bearings. Rudder and steering systems overhauled (2020)
- Molded centerboard with bronze shoe on leading edge. New sheaves, bearings and cables (2006)
- Keel centerboard configuration offers minimum draft of 5’-8” with the board up and 11’-4” with her hydrafoil-shaped centerboard down
- Internal lead ballast cast in place and covered with fiberglass
- Built-in fiberglass fuel and water tanks
- Overlapping deck to hull joint bolted together and sealed in epoxy with teak toe rail thru-bolted
- Stainless steel chainplates bolted to built-in fiberglass knees
- Hull ports/ windows (new 2006)
- Bottom paint and epoxy barrier coating stripped and re-applied (2019)
DECK AND DECK EQUIPMENT
- Hand-laid fiberglass deck with Divinycell foam core construction
- Stainless steel bow pulpit
- Stainless steel stem head fitting with (2) anchor rollers
- Nilsson anchor windlass
- Bruce 30 kg. anchor with 300 ft. chain
- Stainless steel stern pulpit with boarding gate and ladder
- 30" Stainless stanchions and double life lines (2007)
- (4) Stainless steel dorade vents with non-fouling guards
- Stainless steel inboard and outboard genoa tracks with reference numbers stamped into tops
- (14) Opening stainless port lights in deckhouse
- (14) Opening stainless steel deck hatches (new glass 2015)
- Stainless steel stern and springline chocks
- Stainless steel dock line cleats
- Teak deck and cockpit sole (serviced/refreshed 2020)
- Varnished teak, toe rail, hand rails, dorade boxes, coaming and cockpit back rests stripped and refinished (2016). Full exterior varnish has been performed annually
RIGGING AND SAILS
- Hood electric Stoway mast
- Seafurl headstay
- Mast-mounted carbon fiber whisker pole (new 2010)
- Storm trysail track on mast (2007)
- Standing and running rigging replaced (2019)
- Chain plate tie rods (2019)
- Navtec hydraulic backstay (rebuilt 2019)
- Navtec hydraulic boom vang
- Masthead antennas (2019)
- Radar antenna
- Tri-color masthead light
- New backstay (2019)
- New main sheet, outhaul and spinnaker halyards (2019)
- Replaced genoa halyard (2019)
- Harken roller furling headstay (new furler drum and bearing, 2016)
- Staysail package with removable inner forestay, running backstays halyard, sheets and blocks
- Harken mainsheet traveler system (re-bedded 2019)
Winches - Major full service of all winches (2021):
- (2) Barient 36” ST-PW-S electric primaries (completely rebuilt 2021)
- (2) Barient 28” ST-C electric secondaries
- Anderson 46” ST electric secondary, port aft (2021)
- (2) Barient 32” ST-OW-S mainsheet and outhaul
- Barient 24” ST-C halyard winches
- Quantum main (2015)
- Quantum genoa (2015)
- North main sail
- North 135% furling genoa
- Hood staysail
- North Storm jib
- North Storm trysail
ENGINE AND MECHANICAL EQUIPMENT
- Westerbeke 108 hp diesel (2006) (851 hrs, 03/2021)
- Hurth reduction gear (2006)
- New CV joint (2006)
- Max-Prop feathering propeller (2013)
- All hoses below floorboards replaced (2019)
- Racor fuel filters
- New shower sump pumps (2019)
- Steering system overhauled in 2019 to include new cables, serviced sheaves and Harken bearings
- Engine room sound insulation (2006)
- Engine panel and gauges (2006)
- Engine shift and throttle levers (2006)
- Stuffing box (2019)
- Fuel and water tank level gauges (new sending units)
- Exhaust blower in galley
- Air conditioning/reverse cycle heat for salon and aft cabin (new 2019)
- Winslow 10-man life raft (re-certified 2019)
- Inflatable dinghy with outboard
- Dodger and bimini (new 2019)
- Cockpit cushions (new 2019)
- Main salon upholstery (2019)
- Propane gas system for stove
- Fire extinguishers (2019)
The owner’s personal effects are excluded from the sale.
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.
- Engine Make: Westerbeke
- Engine Model: IB Diesel
- Engine Year: 2006
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Drive Type:
- Power HP: 108.00
- Fuel Type: Diesel
- Hours: 828.00
Click any image to view enlarged version. Swipe enlarged image to see additional enlarged images.
Want more information about this yacht?
Curtis Stokes & Associates
Curtis Stokes and Associates, Inc. is a yacht brokerage firm consisting of nine offices and fifty brokers throughout the United States offering worldwide marketing, buyer brokerage services and yacht charters. We also specialize in marketing and selling Great Loop capable yachts and boats.