60' (18.29m) Hood Custom 60 - WINDWALKER II
The combination of Lyman-Morse’s fine Maine craftsmanship, Ted Hood’s proven design performance and a dedicated owner make WINDWALKER II the finest yacht available in this size range.
- Newport Rhode Island United States
- Hood Custom 60
- Composite Hull
The talented craftsmen of the Lyman-Morse Boat Building Company in Thomaston, Maine, combined traditional woodworking skills with modern composite construction techniques to create the magnificent sailing yacht WINDWALKER II. Her beautiful profile and exquisite joinery details, all maintained "like new," will impress anyone. This handsome shoal-draft centerboard design by Ted Hood is easily driven in light winds and is seakindly offshore.
The incredible equipment list allows for safe offshore sailing and comfortable extended cruising. Recent significant upgrades include new engine, generator, teak decks and flush deck hatches. Without a doubt, the combination of Lyman-Morse’s fine Maine craftsmanship, Ted Hood’s proven design performance and a dedicated owner make WINDWALKER II the finest yacht available in this size range.
Curtis Stokes & Associates is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by Wellington Yacht Partners. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey direct representation of a particular vessel
LOA: 60' " (18.29 Meters)
Type: Sail - Used
Beam: 16' "
Bridge Clearance: ' "
Draft Max: 13' 8"
Draft Min: 6' 6"
Single Berths: 6
Queen Berths: 1
Maximum Speed: 9 Knots
Cruise Speed: 8 Knots
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: Composite
Fuel Tank: 318 Gallons (1203.76 Liters)
Fresh Water: 218 Gallons (825.22 Liters)
Holding Tank: 50 Gallons (189.27 Liters)
Full DetailsView Full Details
ACCOMMODATIONS and LAYOUT
WINDWALKER II sleeps six in three private staterooms, plus two in the main salon. The interior is beautifully finished in hand-crafted teak with satin finish and gloss accents. White bulkheads, hull ceilings and tongue and groove overhead, combined with raised-panel teak lockers and laminated deck beams, create a truly classic Herreshoff style. Floorboards are teak and holly with a gloss finish, all recently refinished with two-part varnish.
The open feeling below is further accentuated by topside windows and numerous hatches and portholes. Tasteful décor and fabrics throughout including throw pillows, bedding and towels.
The owner's cabin forward features a centerline queen berth with seats each side. There are two large hanging lockers, twin bureaus and numerous other drawers and lockers.
Next aft to port is the head with Corian countertops and VacuFlush toilet. A shower stall with teak grate is adjacent with separate access from salon/guest cabin.
Fwd Guest Stateroom
The forward guest cabin is to starboard and features a large lower berth with fold-down upper berth. There is a wash basin, hanging locker and bureau along with several drawers.
The main salon includes a U-shaped settee to starboard with customized dining table that expands from a cocktail table and is highlighted by intricate inlays. Outboard of the settee is a pilot berth with cabinet forward. To port are two swivel chairs, a concealed icemaker and spacious navigation station with ship's electrical control panel, navigation and communication equipment.
Aft Guest Stateroom
The second guest cabin is aft to port, with generous upper/lower berths, a bureau and numerous other drawers.
Aft Guest Head/Shower
The en-suite head/shower is also accessible from the base of the companionway to provide a convenient day head.
A U-shaped galley is to starboard with vertical door leading aft to large engine room space under cockpit. The galley is large by any standard with generous countertop area, extensive storage space and twin vertical doors for easy refrigerator/freezer access. Other features include:
- Granite countertops with honeycomb core
- Twin stainless steel sinks with retractable faucet
- Force 10 four-burner propane stove with (3) 10 lb tanks
- GE microwave oven
- Sea Frost 24 volt refrigerator and freezer systems (all new 2016)
- Sea Frost 24 volt long-term freezer compartment under sole (new 2016)
- All drawers on roller slides
- Custom glass, bottle and dish storage
- Full galleyware, including pots and pans, dishes, glasses and utensils
ELECTRONICS and NAVIGATION EQUIPMENT
- B&G Halo 20 Radar, ZG 100 GPS and C-MAP US (all new 2021)
- B&G Zeus 12” plotter displays at helm and nav station (all new 2021)
- B&G Zeus 7” display above companionway with updated teak display panel (all new 2021)
- (4) B&G Triton displays above companionway (2021)
- (1) B&G Triton display at nav station (2021)
- Simrad AP 44 autopilot with remote (2021)
- Raymarine autopilot with remote hand-held (for use as back-up)
- Furuno GP-37 GPS
- ICOM M-605 VHF at nav with command mic at helm (all new 2021)
- Uniden loud hailer with remote in cockpit
- ICOM M-802 SSB (2013)
- Fusion Apollo Stereo (2021) with 2 and 4 channel amplifiers, Bluetooth and AirPlay, and speakers in salon, cockpit and each cabin, with separate volume controls and iPod adapters
- KVH Satellite phone
- KVH/Fleet broadband antenna
- Syrens WiFi receiver/amplifier
- 24 volt DC/ 240 volt AC electrical system
- Custom electrical control panel at nav station
- Kohler 13 kW generator (new 2013, 1,200 hours as of June 2023)
- (1) 50-Amp shore power inlet with cable
- Mastervolt 100-amp battery charger (2023)
- Mastervolt 3500 Watt inverter
- Mastervolt battery monitor
- 100 Amp engine alternator
- (6) 8D AGM house batteries (2018)
- (2) Engine/generator start batteries (2021)
- High water bilge alarm
- Cantalupi flush chrome overhead light with dimmers
- Accent lights with dimmers
- Frigast stainless steel reading lights
- (6) Hella cabin fans
MECHANICAL EQUIPMENT and ENGINE DETAILS
- Volvo D3 five cylinder, 150 hp diesel engine (new 2016 – 1,045 hours as of June, 2023) with Walters V-drive
- 3-Blade Max feathering propeller
- New cutlass bearing (2018)
- Spurs line cutters
- Volvo electronic engine controls
- Lewmar 200 SVT 24 volt retractable bow thruster
- Edson steering system with custom FRP pedestal
- Edson varnished teak and holly steering wheel (new 2013)
- Fireboy engine room fire extinguisher
- Tank tender gauges
- Headhunter fresh water pump
- Torrid 12-gallon water heater
- Salt water deck washdown
- Hot/cold shower at stern
- Raritan icemaker
- Asko washer and dryer
- (2) Automatic electric bilge pumps
- (2) Manual bilge pumps
- (2) VacuFlush toilets
- 50-Gallon holding tank with overboard discharge
- 50-Gallon gray water tank
- Marine Air reverse-cycle air conditioning (3-zone), forward unit new (2017)
- Sea Recovery watermaker, 50 gallons/hour
The hull was laminated using the Scrimp resin infusion process, creating a hull lamination that is completely uniform in the resin-to-fiber ratio as well as complete adhesion of the foam core material to the inner and outer skins. The Scrimp process results in an extremely strong hull and internal structure. Because of the owners’ desire for a traditionally styled interior and exterior, the deck of WINDWALKER II was built with a varnished teak cabin trunk with beautifully laid teak decks that were completely replaced in 2016. The deck was laid over laminated teak and ash deck beams, creating a beautifully detailed interior overhead scheme.
Topsides are black Awlgrip with clear coat. Gold leaf cove stripe, single white boot, green bottom. Painted rubrail with stainless striker (all paint new 2013). Bottom soda-blasted 2023 with new paint updated.
Her centerboard configuration offers minimum draft of 6’-6” with board up and maximum draft of 13-8” with board down.
MAST, SAILS and RIGGING
Mast and Rigging
- GMT carbon fiber triple spreader mast (2004)
- Carbon fiber Park Avenue boom with lazy jacks
- Reckmann hydraulic genoa furler (2004)
- Navtec rod rigging (2004), inspected and fully refurbished on 2021
- Removable inner forestay/runners
- Navtec hydraulic backstay, boom vang, outhaul
- Insulated backstay for SSB
- Carbon spinnaker pole
- Multiple spreader lights
- LED boom lights (2023)
- North 3DI full battened mainsail (2014)
- North 3DI 130% genoa (2014)
- 90% Spectra yankee (2000)
- 1.5 oz. cruising asymmetrical spinnaker
- 1.5 oz. asymmetrical spinnaker (2010)
- Storm staysail
- Storm trysail
DECK and DECK EQUIPMENT
- Lewmar windlass with remote at helm (new 2015)
- 66 lb. Bruce anchor with 300’ all-chain rode
- Fortress anchor with rope/chain rode
- Luke storm anchor with rope/chain rode
- (4) S/S cowl vents with teak dorade boxes
- (4) Custom Freeman flush deck hatches (new 2013)
- (4) S/S deck hatches (new glass 2017)
- (12) S/S opening portholes
- (3) Fixed hull windows (re-bedded 2013)
- (2) Deck prisms
- Antal genoa tracks, turning blocks, jammers etc.
- Antal main traveler system with custom S/S bridge
- (2) Antal #52 ST halyard winches
- (2) Antal #70 ST electric primaries
- (2) Antal #52 ST electric secondaries
- (2) Antal #65 ST electric mainsheet winches
- (1) Antal #52 ST electric main halyard/centerboard winch
- (1) Antal #40 ST reef/traveler winch
- Varnished teak toe rails, cabin side, handrails, dorade boxes, cockpit trim
- Custom teak cockpit table with cooler built in
- Covers for steering pedestal and cockpit table
- Covers for handrails and dorade boxes
- Dodger (2021)
- Cockpit awning
- Deck awning
- S/S side swim ladder
- S/S side boarding ladder
- GMT carbon stern passerelle
- (3) 10 lb. propane tanks
- Winslow 10-man life raft in valise with custom storage bracket and ditch bag
- (8) USCG Life jackets
- 406 EPIRB
- Horseshoe life ring
- Life sling
- (3) Portable fire extinguishers
- Weems and Plath clock/barometer
- Teak ensign pole
- Navatrol stainless steel propane barbecue
- Achilles 10.2 hard bottom inflatable (2010)
- Yamaha 15 hp outboard (2010)
- Custom deck chocks for dinghy
- Cockpit cushions with backrests
- Full complement of extensive spares
- Owner’s personal effects
- Artwork – large painting in main salon
- Hand-held electronics
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.
- Engine Make: VOLVO
- Engine Model: D3
- Engine Year: 2016
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Drive Type: V
- Power HP: 150.00
- Fuel Type: Diesel
- Hours: 1045.00
Click any image to view enlarged version. Swipe enlarged image to see additional enlarged images.
Want more information about this yacht?
Curtis Stokes & Associates
Curtis Stokes and Associates, Inc. is a yacht brokerage firm consisting of nine offices and fifty brokers throughout the United States offering worldwide marketing, buyer brokerage services and yacht charters. We also specialize in marketing and selling Great Loop capable yachts and boats.