1980 Bruce Roberts
53' (16.15m) 53 center cockpit cutter - Medusa
1980 53' Bruce Roberts Cutter
- Jacksonville Florida United States
- 53 center cockpit cutter
- Fiberglass Hull
Medusa is a 1980 53' Bruce Roberts center cockpit cutter in good condition. She offers a single Yanmar 90 HP auxiliary, New Phasor 10 kW generator, 2 X Xantrex 3,000 watt inverters, solar panels, wind generator, watermaker, dripless shaft seal, reverse cycle air conditioning/heating system, bow and stern thrusters, Achilles 2020 RIB tender with a Tohatsu 50 HP 4 stroke outboard and a three stateroom 2 head layout. Medusa has been extensively upgraded and updated.
LOA: 53' " (16.15 Meters)
Type: Sail - Used
Beam: 16' 5"
Bridge Clearance: 71' 2"
Draft Max: 6' 9"
Draft Min: 6' 9"
Single Berths: 3
Double Berths: 2
Queen Berths: 1
Maximum Speed: Knots
Cruise Speed: Knots
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Fuel Tank: 160 Gallons (605.67 Liters)
Fresh Water: 160 Gallons (605.67 Liters)
Holding Tank: Gallons ( Liters)
Full DetailsView Full Details
53' Bruce Roberts Vessel Walkthrough
From the hardtop covered cockpit, you step down the companionway into the salon, where you will find a stateroom with over/under single size bunks and engine room access port aft, wrap-around seating with a wood table and stool that converts into a double size berth to port, galley port forward and a benchseat to starboard. Walk forward and you will find a guest head with enclosed shower with a curtain to starboard and a guest stateroom forward with a double size berth to port and a benchseat to starboard. Return to the salon and walk aft through the starboard companionway and you will find a nav station outboard and the master stateroom aft with a queen size berth to port, benchseat to starboard and a head port forward. The auxiliary access is in the port guest stateroom and the generator is in the lazarette.
The headroom in the salon is 6'9", 5'9" in the cockpit, 5'9" in the forward guest stateroom, 6'9" in the galley, 6'5" in the nav station companionway, 6'1" to 5'3" in the master stateroom and 6'5" in the port guest stateroom. The master stateroom berth is 6'3" long, the forward guest stateroom berth is 6'9" long, the forward stateroom starboard benchseat/berth is 5'6" long and the port guest stateroom berths are 6'.
The height from the waterline to the top of the mast is 72'.
53' Bruce Roberts Accommodations
Medusa offers a master stateroom aft with a queen size berth to port, a benchseat to starboard that can serve as a single size berth; a guest stateroom forward with a double size berth to port and a benchseat/berth to starboard and a guest stateroom port aft with over/under single size berths. the wrap-around seating in the salon converts to a double size berth and the starboard benchseat serves as a single size berth also.
53' Bruce Roberts salon
The salon offers a benchseat/berth with storage to starboard, wrap-around seating (which coverts to a double size berth) with storage and a wood table and stool to port, 4 portlights, 2 side windows, fans, shelves, storage cabinets, book shelf, Dyna-Glo propane heater, Sylvox flat screen TV, teak & holly sole and a companionway to the master stateroom , one to the forward guest stateroom and one aft to the cockpit.
53' Bruce Roberts Galley
The galley is port forward of the salon.
- Nova-Kool refrigerator/freezer
- Magic Chef microwave oven
- Force-10 3-burner propane cooktop and oven
- Stainless steel sink
- Granite countertop
- Storage cabinets
- Dry storage
- Trash compartment
- Teak & holly sole
- Nova-Kool refrigerator in the salon
- Magma stainless steel BBQ grill on the aftdeck
53' Bruce Roberts Dining
Dining space is available at the salon wrap-around seating and table.
53' Bruce Roberts Master Stateroom
The master stateroom is aft and offers a queen size berth to port, a benchseat/berth with storage to starboard, fans, SuperSonic flat screen TV, shelves, storage cabinets, hanging locker, 3 portlights, 2 overhead hatches with Oceanair screen/shade, nightstands, teak & holly sole and an ensuite head.
53' Bruce Roberts Forward Guest Stateroom
The forward guest stateroom offers a double size berth to port, a benchseat/berth with storage to starboard, storage under the port berth, storage cabinets, overhead hatch with an Oceanair screen/shade, fans, and a teak & holly sole. The guest head is starboard aft of the stateroom.
53' Bruce Roberts Port Guest Stateroom
The port guest stateroom offers over/under single size berths, portlight, teak & holly sole, nightstand, storage drawers and cabinets, fan and engine room access.
53' Bruce Roberts Cockpit
The cockpit offers a hardtop, full Eisenglass enclosure, non-skid deck with wood grates, Lewmar fold steering wheel, Yacht Specialties Co. helm, bow/stern thruster controls, Navpod for the electronics and companionway forward to the salon.
53' Bruce Roberts Audio/Visual Equipment
- Sylvox flat screen TV in the salon
- SuperSonic flat screen TV in the master stateroom
- Polyplaner exterior speakers
- Boss 616 UAB stereo in the forward guest stateroom
53' Bruce Roberts Electronics
- Raymarine Hybrid-touch multi-function display
- Raymarine autopilot
- Ritchie Powerdamp magnetic compass
- TView TRP190 monitor at the nav station
- Icom IC-M504 VHF at the nav station
53' Bruce Roberts Electrical System
- Phasor NPE32-B/4 8.5 kW generator with approximately 129 hours
- Blue Sea electrical panels
- 6 X 360 watt Kyocera KC130TM solar panels
- Rutland 1200 wind generator
- 2 X Xantrex Freedom SW 3012 3,000 watt inverters
- Xantrex Xanbus System control panel at the nav station
- Victron Energy battery monitor
- Victron Energy Orion-TR Smart 12/24-10 isolated DC/DC charger
- Victron Energy Smart Solar MPPT 100/50 charge controller
- Marlec Rutland 1200 hybrid input MPPT charge controller
- 2 X 30 amp shore power cords
- Smart Plug shore power cord adaptors
- 10 X Battle Born BB10012 batteries
- Balmar 250 amp alternator
- 2 X USB outlets in the forward guest stateroom
- 2 X USB outlets in the cockpit
- 12 vdc outlet in the forward guest stateroom
- Ship's clock and barometer in the salon
53' Bruce Roberts Engine/Mechanical Equipment
- Single Yanmar 4JHE-HTE 90 HP auxiliary with approximately 2,234 hours
- Dripless shaft seal
- Groco sea strainers
- Dual Racor 75/900MAX fuel filters with a vacuum gauge
- Isotemp 10.5 gallon water heater
- Algae-X magnetic fuel conditioner
- Jet Thruster bow and stern thrusters
- Marine Air Systems reverse cycle air conditioning/heating system with soft start system
- Dyna-Glo propane heater in the salon
- Seawater Pro 40 gph watermaker
- Bissell central vacuum system
- Nature's Head composting heads
53' Bruce Roberts Deck Equipment
- Maxwell 1200 anchor windlass with foot controls
- Mantus 125 LB anchor
- Stainless steel anchor roller
- Stainless steel deck hardware
- Stainless steel rails fore and aft
- Double lifelines on stainless steel stanchions on each side
- Bow seat
- Tiger wood toe rails
- Safe Floor synthetic decks
- 2 X Moeller foredeck coolers
- 2 X Foredeck storage lockers
- Hatch covers
- Boarding gate on each side
- Magma fish cleaning table
- 2 X Scott Burke SUP's
- UK SUP
- Starboard quarter seat
- Stainless steel wind turbine and Radar supports
- Aluminum transom ladder
- Stainless steel & teak swim ladder
- Transom gate
- Whale fresh water shower
- Maxwell 1100 stern anchor windlass
- Bruce 44 LB stern anchor with foot controls
53' Bruce Roberts Tender
- Achilles HB 385 DX RIB tender
- Tohatsu 50 HP 4 stroke outboard
- Custom aluminum davits with electric winches and a wired remote
53' Bruce Roberts Sails and Rigging
- Profurl forward roller furler
- Selden Furlex 300S aft roller furler
- Double spreader aluminum mast and boom
- Boom vang
- 2 X Lewmar 42 2-speed winches on the mast
- 2 X Lewmar 42 2-speed winches in the cockpit
- 2 X Lewmar 65 3-speed winches in the cockpit
- 2 X Lewmar 45 electric winches in the cockpit
- Garhauer rope clutches
- Spinnaker pole
- Schurr Sails Mainsail pack
- Mainsail with 3 reefs (1&2 lead to the cockpit)
- Furled 115% Yankee Cut Jib
- Furled Staysail
53' Bruce Roberts Safety and Fire Protection
- Fireboy 1301 engine room fire suppression system
- Fire extinguishers
- Smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
- Marinetics Corp LP gas control system in the galley
- Superior Life Saving 6 person liferaft (11/25 expiration)
- Radar reflector
- Lifesling2 overboard recovery system
- Loud hailer
53' Bruce Roberts Exclusions
- Sellers' personal belongings
- Hurricane II hydronic heating system (Unit in place without any ducting)
- Coltri MCH-6 dive compressor (Needs a 240 vac pump installed)
- Lumitech underwater lights (No wiring installed)
- Tank Tender holding tank level monitor inoperable
53' Bruce Roberts Disclaimer
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.
Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
- Engine Make: Yanmar
- Engine Model: 4JH3-HTE
- Engine Year:
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Drive Type: Direct
- Power HP: 90.00
- Fuel Type: Diesel
- Hours: 2234.00
Click any image to view enlarged version. Swipe enlarged image to see additional enlarged images.
Video- Bruce Roberts 53 "Medusa"
Medusa 53' Bruce Roberts Center Cockpit Cutter
Want more information about this yacht?
Curtis Stokes was born in Lewes, Delaware and grew up in nearby Rehoboth Beach, Delaware and St. Michaels, MD until he moved to Fort Lauderdale, Florida in 1992. Curtis grew up on the water and around boats through many years of fishing, sailing and hunting up and down the East Coast of the U.S. and The Bahamas.
While attending Washington College, in Chestertown, Maryland, Curtis decided to obtain his real estate license and joined his father’s real estate firm, Anderson-Stokes Realtors. Curtis became president of the firm after his father’s death and led the company through its expansion to 20 offices and expanded the publicly traded company into insurance, advertising and development. The company was sold in 1991 and Curtis decided to pursue his real love of the water and made yachting his career.
Curtis’ yachting career includes everything from a 75’ Trumpy to a 180’ Feadship, 2½ circumnavigations and a half dozen Atlantic Ocean crossings. He has been associated with and enjoyed worldwide cruising on such well known vessels as EXCELLENCE, FIFFANELLA, OUR TOY, MOECCA, RENEGADE, KISSES and HUNTRESS. Curtis also gained experience as sales manager at Hatteras Yachts, in New Bern, NC, where he helped develop and sell new models and train and coordinate his dealer network.
Curtis then spent six years as a very successful yacht sales broker with The Sacks Group Yachting Professionals, Inc. Curtis was consistently a top producer at the firm. Curtis decided to form his own yacht sales and charter firm September 1, 2009, which took off on a very successful start, even in a recession! Curtis has grown the company to multiple offices and 50 full time sales associates located around the US; and he has sold virtually every type and size of yacht and boat possible.
Curtis held a USCG 3000 ton All Oceans Master license, UK MCA Class IV Master certificate, Cayman Islands Master certificate and a PADI Divemaster certificate. He is also a former Emergency Medical Technician, firefighter and CPR instructor.
Curtis is an active member of the America’s Great Loop Cruiser Association (AGLCA), Superyacht Society, United States Superyacht Association, Marine Trawler Owner Association (MTOA), DeFever Cruiser Club, Seven Seas Cruising Association, Billfish Foundation, International Gamefish Association and Ducks Unlimited.
Curtis also is a Certified Professional Yacht Broker (CPYB), a member of the International Yacht Broker Association, Yacht Broker Association of America and the Northwest Yacht Broker Association.
Curtis Stokes can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or Cel (954) 684-0218.
Curtis Stokes & Associates
Curtis Stokes & Associates are headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. The Fort Lauderdale office is run by president and yacht broker Curtis Stokes, a long time resident of Fort Lauderdale and a well known broker for many years in the South Florida area.
Fort Lauderdale is on the southeastern coast close to the Florida Keys, Bahamas and the Caribbean. Fort Lauderdale is known as a crossroads of yachting and is home to 165 miles of water ways and many marinas providing ample dockage for yachts. The Fort Lauderdale Boat Show every fall is the world’s largest attracting a world wide clientele.