1978 Kelly Peterson
44' (13.41m) - Second Sally
Second Sally is a 1978 44' Kelly Peterson center cockpit Cutter rig.
- St. Michaels Maryland United States
- Fiberglass Hull
Second Sally is a 1978 44' Kelly Peterson center cockpit Cutter rig in good condition. She offers a 2018 Beta 60 HP auxiliary, Borg Warner Velvet Drive gearbox rebuilt in 2017, Monitor wind vane, 4 X 100 watt solar panels, inverter, watermaker, full sail inventory and a very comfortable layout. Second Sally was designed, built and rigged for offshore cruising and is equipped and ready for her next passage.
LOA: 44' " (13.41 Meters)
Type: Sail - Used
Beam: 12' 11"
Bridge Clearance: ' "
Draft Max: 6' 4"
Draft Min: 6' 4"
Single Berths: 1
Double Berths: 1
Queen Berths: 1
Full Beam Master: Yes
Maximum Speed: Knots
Cruise Speed: Knots
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Fuel Tank: 130 Gallons (492.1 Liters)
Fresh Water: 90 Gallons (340.69 Liters)
Holding Tank: 25 Gallons (94.64 Liters)
Full DetailsView Full Details
44' Kelly Peterson Vessel Walkthrough
From the cockpit, you step down into the salon to find a companionway starboard aft to the engine compartment and aft stateroom, which also has a hatch and steps to the cockpit, nav station to starboard, benchseat/berth/storage and a diesel fired heater starboard forward, stateroom and head forward, settee/berth/storage to port and the galley port aft.
The headroom in the salon is 6'3", 6' in the aft stateroom and 6'3" in the forward stateroom and head. The aft stateroom berth is 6'2" long, the forward stateroom berth is 6'4" long, the salon settee/berth is 6'2" long and the salon starboard benchseat/berth is 6'2" long.
44' Kelly Peterson Accommodations
Second Sally offers a full-beam stateroom aft with a queen size berth, a stateroom forward with a single berth, a settee that converts into a double size berth in the salon annd a single size benchseat/berth in the salon.
44' Kelly Peterson Salon
The salon offers a diesel fired heater starboard forward, teak & holly sole, 7 portlights, overhead hatch, storage cabinets, drawers and shelves, hanging locker, fan and benchseat/berth/storage to starboard.
44' Kelly Peterson Galley
The galley is port aft in the salon.
- Force 10 3-burner propane cooktop and oven (2017)
- Adler Barbour cold plate refrigeration (2016)
- Ice box
- Double stainless steel sinks
- Dry storage
- Storage drawers, cabinets and shelves
- Magma stainless steel BBQ grill on the aftdeck
44' Kelly Peterson Dining
Dining space is available at the salon settee.
44' Kelly Peterson Aft Stateroom
The aft stateroom offers a centerline queen size berth, teak & holly sole, 4 portlights, overhead hatch, fan, hanging locker, storage drawers and cabinets, shelves and steps and hatch to the cockpit.
44' Kelly Peterson Forward Stateroom
The forward stateroom offers a single berth to port, work bench to starboard, 2 portlights, overhead hatch, teak & holly sole, storage cabinets and drawers, hanging locker and direct access to the head.
44' Kelly Peterson Nav Station
The nav station is starboard aft in the salon and offers a SSB, VHF, GPS, battery monitoring systems and desk.
44' Kelly Peterson Cockpit
The cockpit offers a bimini (2015), dodger (2015), Eisenglass enclosure, non-skid deck, storage lockers, hatch to the aft stateroom and hatch to the salon and seating on both sides and forward.
44' Kelly Peterson Electronics
- Furuno 1715 Radar (2019)
- Garmin GPSmap 547xs chart plotter
- Raymarine ST60 wind display
- Horizon depth and speed displays
- CPT autopilot
- Danforth Constellation magnetic compass
- SGC Powertalk SSB at the nav station
- Icom IC-M402 VHF at the nav station and remote Commandmic in the cockpit
- Garmin GPS72 handheld GPS at the nav station
- Silva magnetic compass in the salon
44' Kelly Peterson Electrical System
- Portawatz 300 watt inverter
- Heart Interface Jazz 1000 inverter
- ProMariner ProNautic 12-30P battery charger
- Professional Mariner battery monitor
- Xantrex Linklite battery monitor
- 12 vdc outlet in the salon settee, nav station and cockpit
- 30 amp shore power cord
- 4 X Shinetic PV-0801A 100 watt solar panels
- Flexcharge NC25A charge controller
- Balmar MaxCharge regulator
- 4 X Trojan T105 6vdc batteries (2021)
- Group 24 start battery (2017)
44' Kelly Peterson Engine/Mechanical Equipment
- Beta K37930 60 HP auxiliary with approximately 1,300 hours (2018)
- Borg Warner Velvet Drive gearbox (Rebuilt in 2017)
- Morse engine control
- Groco sea strainers
- Yacht Specialties steering system and Edson steering wheel
- Monitor self steering system (2004)
- Dual Racor 500FG fuel filters
- Dickinson Alaska diesel fired heater
- Maxprop 3-bladed propeller (Rebuilt in 2015)
- Spectra 380C 15 gpm watermaker (2000)
- Jabsco manual head
- 1 1/4" stainless steel shaft (2019)
- Stuffing box repacked in 2020
44' Kelly Peterson Deck Equipment
- Lofrens Tigress anchor windlass with foot controls
- Fortress FX-37 anchor (2014) with 40' 5/16" anchor chain and 250' 5/8" nylon rode
- Plow 77 LB anchor with 275' 5/16" anchor chain
- Danforth dinghy anchor
- Stainless steel deck hardware
- Non-skid decks
- Stainless steel rails fore and aft and double lifelines on stainless steel stanchions on each side (Stanchions were replaced in 2017 and lifelines replaced in 2020)
- Boarding gate on each side
- Transom gate
- Aluminum arch aft
- Aftdeck storage boxes
- Hullsides painted in 2020 with Awlgrip Matterhron White and cabin top painted in 2016
- Rubrail replaced in 2011
44' Kelly Peterson Tender
- Achilles 3.10 10'2" inflatable dinghy
- Nissan 3.5 HP outboard (2004)
- Custom davits
44' Kelly Peterson Sails and Rigging
- ProFurl roller furler
- La Fiell aluminum double spreader mast and boom
- Stainless steel wire standing rigging
- Hood fully battened Mainsail (2018)
- Mainsail cover (2017)
- 115% roller furling headsail (2014)
- 115% roller furling headsail (2000)
- Staysail (2000)
- Symmetrical Spinnaker 3/4 oz with ATN sleeve
- Storm jib
- 2 X Lewmar 55 2 speed self tailing primary winches
- Harken 32 2 speed self tailing Mainsheet wich
- 2 X Lewmar 43 2 speed self tailing secondary winches
- Lewmar 40 2 speed self tailing main halyard winch
- 2 X Lewmar 30 2 speed Jib and Spinnaker halyard winches
- Lewmar 16 2 speed reefing winch
- Lewmar 16 2 speed Staysail halyard winch
- Spinnaker pole
- Boom Vang and preventer
- Jiffy reefing system
- Garhauer line clutches
- Garhauer traveler
- In 2011, the mast was removed and the mast step was replaced. anchor light, steaming light, VHF antenna, wiring and topping lift were also replaced.
44' Kelly Peterson Safety and Fire Protection
- Fireboy FE241 engine compartment fire suppression system
- Fire extinguishers
- Galley propane solenoid controller
- Rule bilge pumps
- Henderson manual bilge pump
- ACR Globalfix EPIRB (2017)
44' Kelly Peterson Disclaimer
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Engine Make: Beta
- Engine Model: K37930
- Engine Year: 2018
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Drive Type: Direct
- Power HP: 60.00
- Fuel Type: Diesel
- Hours: 1300.00
Click any image to view enlarged version. Swipe enlarged image to see additional enlarged images.
Kelly Preston 44' Cutter for Sale
44' Kelly Peterson Second Sally
Want more information about this yacht?
Curtis Stokes & Associates
Curtis Stokes & Associates have a brokerage office in St. Michaels, Maryland. The St. Michaels office is run by yacht broker Bill Boos, a long time resident of the Eastern Shore and a well known broker for many years for the Delmarva area.
St. Michaels is on the Eastern Shore of the Chesapeake Bay, a delightful cruising area and boating center. There are many rivers in the Chesapeake Bay area to explore by boats and yachts.
St. Michaels is famous as a boating and cultural center featuring the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum, St. Michaels Museum at St. Mary's Square, and the Classic Motor Museum. Excellent harbor facilities and many boater friendly restaurants, shops and attractions can be found. St. Michaels has a long history of boat building and commercial fishing since before the Revolutionary War. Many homes and other structures in the town reflect the historical significance of St. Michaels.