38' (11.58m) 386 - Kalena
2003 38' Hunter 386 in nice condition.
- Hertford North Carolina United States
- Fiberglass Hull
$ 99,500 USD
€ 92,331 Euros
$ 137,344 CAD
Kalena is a 2003 38' Hunter 386 in nice condition. She offers a single Yanmar 40 HP auxiliary, a new spray dodger and cockpit canvas, reconditioned sails, new rigging, new davit system and more.
LOA: 38' " (11.58 Meters)
Type: Sail - Used
Beam: 12' 7"
Bridge Clearance: ' "
Draft Max: 5' "
Draft Min: 5' "
Single Berths: 2
Queen Berths: 1
Maximum Speed: Knots
Cruise Speed: Knots
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Fuel Tank: 30 Gallons (113.56 Liters)
Fresh Water: 75 Gallons (283.91 Liters)
Holding Tank: 35 Gallons (132.49 Liters)
Full DetailsView Full Details
38' Hunter Vessel Walkthrough
Kalena can be boarded on either side or from the stern, where there is a spacious and accommodating cockpit. Entering the salon, the galley is starboard aft, the head and separate vanity port aft, master stateroom with a queen size berth aft, a settee and folding table to starboard that can be converted into a double berth, guest stateroom with a v-berth forward and a benchseat/berth and nav station to port. Auxiliary access is via the companionway steps being removed.
Headroom in the salon is 6'4", 6' in the guest stateroom, 6'3" in the head and 6'5" to 6'1" in the master stateroom. the master stateroom berth is 6'6" long, the guest stateroom berths are 6'1" long and the salon port benchseat/berth is 6'4" long.
38' Hunter Accommodations
Kalena offers a master stateroom aft with a queen size berth, a guest stateroom forward with a v-berth, a wrap-around settee in the salon that converts into a double size berth and a benchseat to port in the salon that converts into a single size berth. The head is port aft in the salon and has direct access from the master stateroom.
38' Hunter Salon
The salon offers a wrap-around settee and table to starboard that converts into a double size berth, a benchseat to port that converts into a single size berth, nav station to port, head port aft, storage cabinets, storage under the seating, shelves, 2 overhead hatches with screens, 4 windows with curtains, 2 overhead window, teak & holly sole and an Insignia 24" flat screen TV.
38' Hunter Galley
The galley is starboard aft in the salon.
- Adler-Barbour cold-plate refrigerator/freezer
- Force 10 3-burner propane cooktop and oven
- Origo microwave oven
- Double stainless steel sinks
- Corian countertop
- Window and portlight with shades
- Overhead hatch with a screen
- Storage drawers
- Dish and glass racks
38' Hunter Dining
Dining space is available at the salon settee or the cockpit fold up tables.
38' Hunter Master Stateroom
The master stateroom offers a queen size berth with innerspring mattresses and a new Froli Star system, designed to adapt to individual body shapes and movements, 2 hanging lockers, storage cabinets, shelves, a benchseat with storage to port, 2 portlights and 2 windows, overhead hatch with a screen, teak & holly sole, fans, auxiliary access and direct access to the head.
38' Hunter Guest Stateroom
The guest stateroom forward offers a v-berth, reading lights, storage cabinet, hanging locker, storage under the berths, fan, Sharp Aquos flat screen TV, overhead hatch with a screen and a window and blind to the salon.
38' Hunter Cockpit
The cockpit offers a bimini, new dodger, a connector between the two, storage on each side aft, Edson helm and steering wheel, fold-up table on each side of the helm, rail seats aft, removable aft seating for the thru-transom, Towerinabox.com aluminum arch and non-skid deck.
38' Hunter Audio/Visual Equipment
- Insignia flat screen TV in the salon
- Sharp Aquos flat screen TV in the guest stateroom
- Clarion MWR32 stereo in the salon
- Sony CD-R/RW CDX0CA705Mstereo/CD player in the salon
- Clarion interior speakers
- JBL exterior speakers
38' Hunter Electronics
- Raymarine Radar
- Raymarine SL70C Radar/chart plotter at the helm
- Raytheon RL70C Pathfinder Radar/chart plotter at the nav station
- Raymarine Ray 240 VHF at the nav station
- Raymarine ST6001 Smart Pilot autopilot at the helm
- Raymarine ST60 speed, depth and wind displays at the helm
- Suunto magnetic compass at the helm
- Weems & Plath clock, barometer and thermometer in the salon
- Lev-O-Gage inclinometer at the helm
38' Hunter Electrical System
- 1,000 watt inverter
- Battery charger
- 55 amp alternator
- 2 X 50' 30 amp shore power cords
- 2 X 25' 30 amp shore power cords
- Marinco Eel shore power cord connection
- 2 X AGM house batteries (2021)
- 1 X AGM auxiliary start battery (2021)
- LED lighting (2022)
- Guest battery switches
38' Hunter Engine/Mechanical Equipment
- Yanmar 3JH31 40 HP auxiliary with approximately 935 hours
- Racor R12S fuel filter
- Hunter Marine systems monitor panel
- Reverse cycle heat/ac (2015)
- Hot water heater
- Jabsco electric head
38' Hunter Deck Equipment
- Simpson-Lawrence anchor windlass with foot controls
- Bruce 35 LB anchor
- CQR anchor
- Stainless steel rails fore and aft
- Double lifelines on stainless steel stanchions on each side
- Non-skid decks
- Rod holder
- Stainless steel swim ladder
- Towerinabox.com aluminum arch/tender davit
38' Hunter Sails and Rigging
- Selden aluminum mast and boom with double spreaders
- Steel wire standing rigging
- All updated running rigging controlled from cockpit
- Reconditioned mainsail
- Mainsail in mast furling
- Reconditioned jib with ProFurl roller furler
- Selden rod kicker
- 3 X Lewmar 40 self-tailing winches
- 1 X Lewmar 44 self-tailing winch
- Spinlock cam cleats
38' Hunter Safety and Fire Protection
- Sea-Fire 1301 auxiliary compartment fire suppression system
- Fire extinguishers
- Kidde smoke detector
- Trident Marine propane system solenoid in the galley
- Lalizas Lifelink man overboard rescue system
38' Hunter Recent Upgrades
Owner has spent thousands on Kalena over the last 18 months.. The following is a list of only some of the improvements that have been made:
* New spray dodger and cockpit canvas (2022)
* New radar/solar arch with swing out dingy davit (2022)
* Two new 100 amp AGM house batteries (2021)
* New AGM start battery (2021)
* Hull bottom pained (2022)
* LED lighting (2022)
* Completely detailed inside and out (2022)
* New cockpit cushions (2022)
* New running rigging (2022)
* Installed Froli Star bed system in master stateroom
* Two new 50 foot 30-amp shore power cables and two new 25' 30-amp shore power cables
* New 24" Sharp Aquos TV in salon
38' Hunter Exclusions
* Walker Bay 10 dingy
* E propulsion spirit 1 electric outboard
* Marriage saver headsets
* Winchrite powered electric handle
Seller will consider separate offers on these items.
38' Hunter Disclaimer
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
- Engine Make: Yanmar
- Engine Model: 3JH31
- Engine Year:
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Drive Type: Direct
- Power HP: 40.00
- Fuel Type: Diesel
- Hours: 935.00
Click any image to view enlarged version. Swipe enlarged image to see additional enlarged images.
Video of Hunter 38 "Kalena"
38' Hunter Kalena
For more information about this yacht please contact Curtis Stokes and Associates, Inc.
We look forward to working with you!
Want more information about this yacht?
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Direct: 954 684 0218
Toll Free: 1-855-266-5676
Curtis Stokes was born in Lewes, Delaware and grew up in nearby Rehoboth Beach, Delaware and St. Michael’s, MD until he moved to Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Curtis grew up on the water and around boats through many years of fishing and hunting with his father and brothers throughout the Mid-Atlantic area. Curtis also spent countless hours fishing the East Coast and Bahamas on several well-known sportfishing boats.See the Fort Lauderdale, Florida Office page.
While attending Washington College, in Chestertown, Maryland, Curtis decided to obtain his real estate license and joined his father’s real estate firm, Anderson-Stokes Realtors. Curtis became president of the firm after his father’s death and led the company through its expansion to 20 offices and expanded the publicly traded company into insurance, advertising and development. The company was sold and Curtis decided to pursue his real love of the water and made yachting his career.
Curtis’ yachting career includes everything from a 75′ Trumpy to a 180′ Feadship. He has been associated with and enjoyed worldwide cruising on such well known vessels as EXCELLENCE, FIFFANELLA, OUR TOY, MOECCA, RENEGADE, KISSES and HUNTRESS. Curtis also gained experience as sales manager at Hatteras Yachts, in New Bern, NC, where he helped develop and sell new models and train and coordinate his dealer network. Curtis left Hatteras Yachts after Brunswick Corp. bought the company to pursue his ultimate goal of being an independent yacht broker. Curtis now enjoys working as a team with his wife, Gill, associated with Curtis Stokes and Associates based in Fort Lauderdale, FL.
Curtis previously held a USCG 3000 ton Master license and a PADI Divemaster certificate. He is also a former Emergency Medical Technician, firefighter and CPR instructor. Curtis is an active member of the Professional Yachtsmen’s Association, Superyacht Society, Coastal Conservation Association, Billfish Foundation, International Gamefish Association, and Duck’s Unlimited.
Curtis earned the Certified Professional Yacht Broker (CPYB) designation and is a member of the Florida Yacht Broker Association, Northwest Yacht Broker Association and the Yacht Broker Association of America.
My honest approach to the “business” side of yachting sets me apart from other brokers. Please feel free to CONTACT ME at Curtis Stokes and Associates and start that relationship of quality service, advice, and support, which will continue long after buying or selling your yacht.
Curtis Stokes can be reached at email@example.com or Cel (954) 684-0218.
Curtis Stokes & Associates
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Toll Free: 1-855-266-5676
Curtis Stokes & Associates are headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. The Fort Lauderdale office is run by president and yacht broker Curtis Stokes, a long time resident of Fort Lauderdale and a well known broker for many years in the South Florida area.
Fort Lauderdale is on the southeastern coast close to the Florida Keys, Bahamas and the Caribbean. Fort Lauderdale is known as a crossroads of yachting and is home to 165 miles of water ways and many marinas providing ample dockage for yachts. The Fort Lauderdale Boat Show every fall is the world’s largest attracting a world wide clientele.