1986 Island Packet
27' (8.23m) 27 -
- Forked River New Jersey United States
- Fiberglass Hull
With its SHOAL DRAFT at 2’8”, the Island Packet 27, is a very comfortable sailboat and ideal for places like Barnegat Bay. Like all Island Packets, she is very well made. Some key features on this boat are its new Genoa main and jib, 2940 engine hours, and a Garmin GPS. Offered at a very affordable price!
Curtis Stokes & Associates is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by Sandy Hook Yacht Sales. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey direct representation of a particular vessel
LOA: 27' " (8.23 Meters)
Type: Sail - Used
Beam: ' "
Bridge Clearance: ' "
Draft Max: ' "
Draft Min: ' "
Maximum Speed: Knots
Cruise Speed: Knots
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Fuel Tank: Gallons ( Liters)
Fresh Water: Gallons ( Liters)
Holding Tank: Gallons ( Liters)
Full DetailsView Full Details
An easy to sail sloop with a classic comfortable feel. Introduced in 1984 and first known as the Island Packet 26, the Island Packet 27 is well-made and easy to handle.
- Built in 1986 in Largo, Florida, she features a well-maintained finished wood interior and has berths for up to 3. The cockpit with centerline helm is in the stern. There are removable entry panels that cover the forward entry from the cockpit with galley at base of cabin entry stairs to port and a sliding top hatch. The cabin houses a crawl-in quarter berth extended aft under the cockpit starboard side with navigation station at the forward end. There is a fold-down dinette table from the forward bulkhead with couches lining either side of the fold down table. The head is forward of the galley to starboard. A vee berth is forward in the bow with its own storage.
- The main salon has a fold down table that unfolds to a larger table which allows seating on the starboard and port side to sit and eat comfortably. The table covers extra storage space for cups and plates mounted to the wall of the head. The main berth is spacious with its own storage and sleeps 2. An extra berth is located under the starboard side of the helm.
- Batteries/DC: Gr. 24 lead-acid, (2) Gr. 31 sealed lead-acid
- Battery Venting - To the bilge/cabin area, which in turn vents to outside the vessel.
- Battery Disconnect Switching – 1-2-both-off manual switch
- Main Overcurrent Protection - Two pole main overcurrent circuit breaker in the panelboard aft-starboard side in the cabin.
- Branch Circuit Protection
- AC Ground/ DC Negative Bonding
- Reverse Polarity Indication
- Raritan Crown II automatic battery charger
- GFCI Protection – Aft-starboard saloon GFCI receptacle
- Compass – Edson pedestal houses a Gemini magnetic compass
- VHF(s) – Standard Horizon Intrepid VHF radio in the cabin.
- Depth finder/Knot log – Datamarine digital depth finder and Datamarine knot log are mounted forward-starboard in the cockpit.
- Autopilot – Raytheon ST3000 autopilot.
- Dual tube inclinometer was installed forward starboard side in the cockpit
- Garmin GPS
Sails and Rigging
- Rig Type - Sloop rig with un-painted aluminum mast & boom and single spreaders for the shrouds
- Rigging – Roller furler forestay for the jib and bow pulpit chainplate with solid stainless rod bobstay to the hull.
- Winches - Two Lewmar 7winches. Dual (port and starboard) Lewmar 30 self-tailing winches mounted port and starboard in the cockpit, with a single Lewmar 16 self-tailing winch aft-starboard mounted on the trunk cabin.
- Sails – mainsail, 18 months old with little use. A 115 Linthicum Genoa jib in new condition, 6 months old.
Additional Equipment & Accommodations
- Jabsco electric automatic pressure pump
- Shurflo 344 auto pressure pump was also installed
- Hot water is produced via an Atwood nominal 6-gallon 120-vAC electric heater
- Double stainless cable vinyl covered lifeline on secure tubular stanchions was in serviceable condition along the side decks. A double (upper/mid) tubular stainless railing with secure vertical stanchions is mounted at the bow and stern. Pelican clips are at the opening sections
- Stainless wood handrails
- Toe Rail – An integral wood capped toe rail
- Cleats - two forward (with secure chocks), two midships, and two
- Anchors - 25# and 10# galvanized pivoting head CQR plow type anchors stored in the bow pulpit.
- Lewmar DC windlass system with cover
- Bottom Painted
- Range/Stove – An Origo two-burner alcohol stove
- Refrigerator – Adler Barbour remote compressor 12-vDC top loading refrigerator with compressor below the cockpit
- Entertainment Systems: A Pioneer #DEH-P4500MP audio system in the cabin.
- Air-Conditioning/Heating: GE window type self-contained air conditioner
- Interior furnishings including flooring, head and hull liner, cabinetry, cushions and trim are in above average condition.
- Genoa mainsail, 18 months old with little use. 115 Linthicum Genoa jib in new condition, 6 months old.
- Bottom Painted
- Depth finder/Knot log – Datamarine digital depth finder and Datamarine knot log
- 2 Anchors 25# and 10# galvanized pivoting head CQR plow type anchors
- Origo two-burner alcohol stove
- Adler Barbour top loading refrigerator
- AC & Heating: GE window type self-contained unit
- Manual pump type operating on raw water
- Drains to through-hull valves and hoses were secure/serviceable
- Sensa Tank Marine 100 level monitoring system
- Poly holding tank type III MSD
- Optimal storage
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.
- Engine Make: Yanmar
- Engine Model: 2GM20F
- Engine Year: 1986
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Power HP: 18.00
- Fuel Type:
Click any image to view enlarged version. Swipe enlarged image to see additional enlarged images.
Want more information about this yacht?
Curtis Stokes & Associates
Curtis Stokes and Associates, Inc. is a yacht brokerage firm consisting of nine offices and fifty brokers throughout the United States offering worldwide marketing, buyer brokerage services and yacht charters. We also specialize in marketing and selling Great Loop capable yachts and boats.