2000 Island Packet
39' (12.07m) 380 -
Single owner, world cruising capable Island Packet 380. Equipped with many cruising features such as heavy duty arch/davits, 210 amp Balmar alternator, Nexgen 3.5 genset, heat pump/AC...
- Hampstead North Carolina United States
- Fiberglass Hull
Curtis Stokes & Associates is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by S&J Yachts. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey direct representation of a particular vessel
LOA: 39' 7" (12.07 Meters)
Type: Sail - Used
Beam: 13' 2"
Bridge Clearance: ' "
Draft Max: 4' 7"
Draft Min: ' "
Maximum Speed: Knots
Cruise Speed: Knots
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Fuel Tank: 85 Gallons (321.76 Liters)
Fresh Water: 170 Gallons (643.52 Liters)
Holding Tank: Gallons ( Liters)
Full DetailsView Full Details
Island Packet 380
- Single owner, world cruising Category A 'Ocean' rated yacht
- Represents a design and construction philosophy proven in countless miles of cruising around the globe
- Design features Full Foil shallow draft keel, protected rudder, cutter rig (with self-tending Hoyt boom), impressive interior accommodations with large head/shower and class leading storage
- Cruising features include; heavy duty arch/davits, Nexgen 3.5 genset, 210 amp Balmar alternator, larger group 31 batteries, Technautics holding plate refrigeration, Cruisair heat pump/AC, Anchor Lift 1500, and oversize anchors
- Recognized as Cruising World 1999 'Boat Of The Year' Best Value
- This well maintained Island Packet 380 is capable of anything you dream of - coastal or ocean cruising!
Overview and Walkthrough
Hull and Topsides
The Island Packet 380 represents an evolution of the design, engineering, and construction philosophy proven in over 1600 yachts in countless miles of worldwide cruising. The Full Foil keel is a foundation of the Island Packet concept, and its design and construction provide a number of advantages for the cruising sailor: moderate draft for access to more desirable cruising grounds, integral one-piece construction for superior strength, a highly effective airfoil shape for excellent windward performance, protected rudder, and a modern hull form for enhanced speed and maneuverability. The safety and seakeeping offered by this keel design provide both peace of mind and additional comfort while underway.
The well laid out deck offers wide walkways, raised forward bulwarks, full length continuous stainless steel cabin top handrails, double lifelines with welded bow & stern rails and molded diamond pattern slip resistant surfaces. All designed to enhance safety and security while moving about on the deck.
The cockpit has 7' contoured seats that accommodate a large crew as well as providing a great place to stretch out. The helmsman has excellent visibility from the raised seat. The pedestal mounted steering features Island Packet's trademark rack and pinion steering system, providing reliability, and strength unmatched by any other wheel steering design. The wheel brake and single lever engine control are located on the pedestal as well. The engine panel is within easy reach of the helm and features full analog gauges. Other cockpit features include a built-in insulated beverage locker, two large seat lockers with gas support struts for easy access, cockpit shower, stainless steel swim ladder, two stern rail seats, and a pedestal mounted folding table, companionway drop board lock pins, additional hinged companionway 'doors' for quicker access, padeyes for safety harness attachments, a raised companionway bridge-deck, 2"cockpit scuppers, and self-locking seat locker hatches with push button hasps that release from both inside and out - all designed into the boat for safety when at sea.
This 380 has a flexible cutter rig sail plan with self-tacking jib. This rig provides versatility, ease of use, and excellent performance over a wide range of wind and sea conditions. This highly desired sail plan is improved upon with a freestanding staysail "Hoyt Boom", simplifying control and adding performance to this effective sail plan. The mainsail is equipped with full battens for durability and efficiency, and lazy jacks to ease sail handling. All control lines are led to the cockpit adding extra control and security when under way.
Entering the cabin you have wide companionway steps with effective hand holds. Your first step below is on molded non-skid providing a secure safe surface when entering wet as well as easy clean up. This surface is carried into both the galley and nav area as well. Port side aft is the aft cabin. There is a full-size berth and plenty of drawer and locker storage for guests. Natural ventilation is provided by two stainless steel ports and an overhead hatch.
Just forward of the aft cabin is the navigation and electrical control station to port. There is a large chart table with a chart draw for storage just forward. In addition to the table are breaker panels for 12 volt DC and 120 volt AC with voltage and amperage meters. Also in this area are the Next Gen generator controls and a Standard Horizon VHF radio with DSC distress call capability.
On the starboard side of the companionway is the galley. This galley is large and designed for cooking at sea or entertaining guests at anchor or at the dock. There is a large holding plate refrigerator/freezer. Storage is provided by numerous draws and cabinets both above and below the counters to include storage for dishes and utensils. A large stainless steel double sink along with a pull out trash receptacle help make for easy clean up. Natural ventilation is provided by two opening stainless steel ports and an overhead hatch.
Moving forward you enter the salon/dining or lounging area. This space is large and uncluttered aided by the fold up dining table. When in the closed position it hides a convenient storage area for bottles and table necessities and when opened it can be used with one or both sides folded out. Storage is provided by a cedar lined hanging locker at the forward end of the salon and the settees provide massive storage both beneath and behind at two levels behind the settees. This is supported by all the tanks being located beneath the cabin sole providing more usable space under settees for storage. Natural light and ventilation is provided by four opening ports and an overhead hatch.
Just forward and to port is the very large, innovative head/shower with dual access from the main salon as well as the owner’s stateroom forward. The shower area is huge with a solid hammered plexi-glass shower door and teak seat that folds down over the head when in use. When the shower door is stowed it reveals a large full length mirror. Both beneath and above the sink cabinet is storage. This area also has an opening port and overhead hatch.
Forward from the head using the private access door you enter the owner's stateroom. This cabin includes a centerline queen size island berth accessible from both sides. Beneath the foot end of this bed is an innovative lift up storage area with an additional 2 cedar lined draws below providing a second level of storage. To starboard is a cedar lined hanging locker and shelved storage with similar arrangement to port for wonderful storage. Ventilation is provided by two opening ports and a large overhead hatch.
The Island Packet interior woodwork fit and finish is meticulous. The cabin sole is teak and holly and other woods used are teak. All the ports are heavy duty stainless steel which open and latch easily from the inside.
If you are in the market for a 38 to 41 foot cruising boat for live-aboard or other get-aways this is a must-see yacht with a very solid heritage.
Replacements & Upgrades
- Professional Awlgrip of topsides 2019
- Cutlass bearing and packing replaced 2019
- House batteries replaced with group 31 AGM 2019
- New epoxy barrier coat and anti-fouling (Petit professional grade) 2018
- New 700 Watt microwave 2016
- Balmar 210 amp alternator upgrade 2010
- Yanmar heat exchanger and oil cooler replaced 2009/2010
- 130% Genoa Replaced 2009
- All standing rigging, some running rigging and mast replaced 2009
- New Aqua Signal Masthead Tri-Color/Anchor Light with Distress Strobe 2009
- New Deck flood light 2009
- New Oven/Stove 2007
Electrical & Mechanical
- Batteries House (4) Group 31 West Marine AGM Batteries
- Battery Engine (1)
- Battery Charger
- Two 30 Amp Power Cords and Multiple 50 Amp Adapters/Splitter
- Water Heater 11 Gallon, Electric & Engine Heat Exchanger
- Microwave 700 Watt
- Propane Stove & Oven
- Propane and Starboard in Deck Storage for 2, 10 Lb. Bottles
- Propane Transom Mounted Grill and 2, 5 Lb. Bottles
- 120V Breaker Panel W/ Gauges
- 12V Breaker Panel W/ Gauges
- Running Lights
- Steaming Light
- Foredeck Light
- Aqua Signal Masthead Tri-Color/Anchor Light with Distress Strobe
- Interior Lighting Including Cabins, Bilge, Engine, Cockpit Locker, Anchor Locker, Refrigerator
- Courtesy Lights
- Cruisair Reverse Cycle A/C Heat Pump
- Technautics Coastal 12 Refrigeration with Large Holding Plate
- Electric Bilge Pump Electric
- Manual Bilge Pump
- Shower Drain Pump Electric
- Marine Head
- Knot meter and Depth instruments
- Wind Direction & Speed
- VHF Standard Horizon with DSC capability
- Ritchie Compass
- Masthead mounted cell phone repeater antenna with salon amplifier
Sails & Rigging
- Total Sail Area approx 885 Sq. Ft.
- Full batten main with lazy jacks
- Genoa approx 130%
- Spare Halyard
- Roller Furling Genoa
- Roller Furling Staysail
- Hoyt Staysail Boom
- 2 Primary Winches
- 2 Furling Winches
- 1 Staysail Sheet Winch
- Main Sheet
- Sheet Stoppers on cabin top
- Main Sail Traveler w/Control System
- Topping Lift
- Mast (Keel Stepped)
- Full-Length Stainless Steel Cabin Top Hand Rails
- Stainless Steel Stern Swim Ladder
- Stainless Steel Double Rail Bow Pulpit
- Stainless Steel Double Stern Rail with Seats
- Heavy Duty Howdy Bailey Arch integrated with Stern Rails
- Cockpit Table (Folding)
- Dodger, Bimini combination that encloses cockpit, In need of replacement
- Cabin Sunshade Which Attaches to Main Boom
- Tender Davits Integrated with Arch
- Outboard Motor Mount
- Coated Lifelines W/ Port & Starboard Boarding Gates
- Stainless Steel Anchor Rollers (2)
- Anchor Lift Windlass
- 44 lb. Rocna Anchor with 200 ft chain rode
- 44 lb. Delta Anchor with 240 ft chain rode
- Deck/Anchor Chain Wash Pump
- Three Dorades
- Mooring Cleats and Chocks
- Spring Cleats
- Safety Harness Padeyes in Cockpit
- 11 Stainless Steel Opening Ports with Custom Rain Guards
- Deck Hatches (5)
- Pedestal Cover
- Fenders and Dock Lines
- Wheel Steering is Rack & Pinion direct drive system
- Suede Leather Wheel Cover
- Pedestal with Stainless Steel Guard
- Wheel Brake
- Single Lever Engine Controls
- Folding Table
- Ritchie Compass at Wheel
- Semi-Balanced Rudder with Bottom Stainless Support Strut
- Emergency Tiller
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.
- Engine Make: Yanmar
- Engine Model: 4JH3E
- Engine Year:
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Drive Type:
- Power HP: 56.00
- Fuel Type: Diesel
- Hours: 5568.00
Click any image to view enlarged version. Swipe enlarged image to see additional enlarged images.
Want more information about this yacht?
Curtis Stokes & Associates
Curtis Stokes and Associates, Inc. is a yacht brokerage firm consisting of nine offices and fifty brokers throughout the United States offering worldwide marketing, buyer brokerage services and yacht charters. We also specialize in marketing and selling Great Loop capable yachts and boats.