38' (11.79m) 38 MK II - Reverie
Tartan 38 MK II - Reverie
- Annapolis Maryland United States
- 38 MK II
- Fiberglass Hull
Designed by Roger Hewson, the founder of Sabre yachts, the 38 MK II is a very roomy, comfortable and well-appointed yacht with a reputation for combining racing performance with cruising comfort. Schedule a showing today and see for yourself!
Press & Media
LOA: 38' 8" (11.79 Meters)
Type: Sail - Used
Beam: 12' 4"
Bridge Clearance: 55' 6"
Draft Max: 8' "
Draft Min: 4' 3"
Double Berths: 1
Maximum Speed: 7.5 Knots
Cruise Speed: Knots
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Fuel Tank: 45 Gallons (170.34 Liters)
Fresh Water: 106 Gallons (401.25 Liters)
Holding Tank: 30 Gallons (113.56 Liters)
Full DetailsView Full Details
SABRE 38 MK II - REVERIE - MEDIA FILES
Virtual Tour: www.bit.ly/REVERIEVT
Video Tour: Pending
Photo Slide Show: www.bit.ly/REVERIESLIDE
Sailing Magazine Review: www.bit.ly/S38SAILREVIEW
Boats.com Review: www.bit.ly/S38BOATSREVIEW
Manufacturer’s Brochure: www.bit.ly/S38MFGBRO
SABRE 38 MK II - REVERIE - WALKTHROUGH
The spacious cockpit features seating for 7. The helm includes a suede wrapped destroyer wheel, magnetic compass, Autohelm instrument pod and engine controls. A folding table and cup holder are mounted on the front of helm pedestal. Stereo speakers are found under the aft seating. The engine gauge panel is mounted on the port side with a manual bilge pump opposite.
Two Lewmar 43 2-speed winch and two electric Lewmar 54 2-speed self-tailing winch for foresail trim are mounted on the cockpit coamings. Running rigging trim is managed by two Lewmar 30 winchs on the port cabin top, with a Lewmar 24 and an electric Lewmar 40 on the starboard cabin top.
Storage lockers are found at the transom, port and starboard and undeath the starboard seating. The CNG locker is on the starboard side.
The cockpit is protected from the sun and sea by a Bimini top.
Moving forward the deck is protected by stainless steel stern and bow rails connected by dual lifelines running the length of the deck; stainless steel gates are found at the cockpit. Teak hand holds run along the cabin top, port and starboard. An anchor locker is found at the bow along with a bow mounted QCR anchor. The Lewmar electric windless is mounted in the anchor locker. Four Dorade vents are mounted on the cabin top and cleats are found at the bow and stern.
The dual spreader, masthead sloop rig features a roller furled headsail and in-boom furled main sail with a mechanical boom vang and a hydraulic back stay tensioner. The main sheet is mounted on the cabin top and all running rigging leads aft to the cockpit.
Appointed with teak joinery, a teak and holly sole, overhead hatches and portlights, the roomy salon is warm, bright and inviting.
Entering the salon from the cockpit the galley is found to port and the head to starboard. The aft cabin is accessed through the aft bulkhead on the port side and the forward cabin through the forward bulkhead. Seating is provided by a L shaped settee on the port side and a straight settee to starboard. The nav station is found on the starboard side aft. A large fold away table is mounted on the forward bulkhead. Hand holds run the length of the salon on the port and starboard sides. A TV is mounted above the starboard settee with stereo speakers mounted on the fore and aft starboard bulkheads.
Storage lockers run the length of the salon. Additional storage found beneath and behind the settees.
Lighting is found overhead along with three opening hatches and four dorade vents. Additional ventilation is provided by a fan, air conditioning and four opening ports, with two fixed ports providing even more light.
The aft facing nav station is found on the starboard side of the main cabin, just forward of the head and features a chart table with lift top, bench seating and a chart light. The electrical panels are found at the nav station, along with a vhf radio, stereo system, VHS player, radar control panel, autohelm control, generator control panel battery charger control panel, battery bank switch, 12 vdc plug and a 120 vac outlet.
The L shaped galley features a four burner stove with oven mounted in the port side countertop. Four lockers are found above the counter, along with a 120 vac receptacle. A large top access refrigerator/freezer is found under the counter forward of the stove. A double stainless steel sink with hot and cold running water is mounted in a counter extending from the port side counter to midship. A top access trash bin is located next to the sink with a storage locker and three drawers underneath.
The aft cabin is found off the galley on the port side aft. It features teak joinery, a teak and holly sole, and a double berth. Upon entering there is a bench seat on the port side with hanging locker behind. Lockers extend the length of the cabin on the port side. The berth, that extends to the aft bulkhead under the cockpit. Ventilation is provided by three opening ports, an overhead hatch, and a fan. A reading lamps is mounted on the starboard side with a light found overhead and a 120 vac plug under the berth. A fixed port light provides additional light to the cabin.
Located forward of the main cabin, this cabin features teak joinery, a teak and holly sole and a V-berth for two. Upon entering the cabin there is a hanging locker on the starboard side with a built in table top featuring top and bottom access lockers and a 120 vac outlet. Opposite on the port side there is a stainless steel sink and a seat with a built in table top behind and a locker above. Shelving runs the length of the cabin on the port and starboard sides. There are two overhead lamps and two 120 vac outlets. Ventilation is provided by an opening overhead hatch, two portlights, a fan and airconditioning.
Located on the starboard side aft, the head doubles as a shower. Upon entering the sink and manual marine toilet are found on the starboard side. There are storage lockers above/behind the sink and head. Another storage locker is found aft of the head along with the shower controls and wand and a small bench. A shower curtain hangs on the port side from a track that incircles the head. Mirrors are mounted on the port bulkhead and the door. There is an opening portlight, fixed port and an opening hatch overhead. Lighting is provided by a light over sink.
The engine compartment is found under the cockpit companionway stairs. Forward access is provided by raising the stairs, top, side and aft access is found in the aft cabin.
SABRE 38 MK II - REVERIE - ACCOMODATIONS
Reverie provides sleeping accommodations for 7 people in 4 berths.
- The aft cabin sleeps 2 on a double berth.
- The forward cabin sleeps 2 on a v-berth.
- The salon settees sleep 3, two on the port settee and one on the starboard settee.
Located midship the salon is roomy, well appointed and welcoming.
- Teak joinery
- Teak & Holly sole
- L-shaped Port Settee; seats 4; converts to a double berth
- Starboard Settee; seats 3; converts to a single berth
- Forward bulkhead mounted fold away table
- Lockers port and starboard above the settees
- Lockers behind and under the settees (some utility)
- 4 Dorad vents; overhead
- 4 Opening ports
- 3 Overhead opening hatches
- 2 Fixed windows
- 4 Overhead lights; 12 vdc
- Courtesy lights
- 2 120 VAC outlets
- Zenith TV
- 2 ADS stereo speakers
- Air conditioning vent
- Guest fan; 12 vdc
- Hand holds, fore and aft, port and starboard sides
- Headroom: 76 inches
- Settees: 76 inches
Located aft of the salon on the port side, the aft cabin features a stand up area with the bunk tucked under the cockpit sole.
- Private cabin with teak joinery and teak & holly sole
- Double berth; sleeps 2
- Hanging locker
- 4 Starboard mounted lockers
- 2 utility lockers under berth
- Shelf forward bulkhead
- Bench seat
- 3 Opening ports
- Fixed port
- 1 Opening overhead hatch
- 1 Overhead light
- 2 Reading lamps
- 120 vac outlet
- 1 Guest Fan
- Headroom: 72 inches
- Berth: 75 inches
Located in the bow of the yacht, the forward cabin includes:
- Private cabin with teak joinery and teak & holly sole
- V-Berth, sleeps 2
- Hanging locker with shelf atop
- Table top with 2 top access lockers and one front locker
- Stainless Steel sink with hot and cold water
- Mirror above sink
- Mirror on door
- Bench seat
- Locker above seat
- Table top with top access locker
- Shelf running the length of the cabin port and starboard sides
- Lockers under v-berth
- 2 Opening ports
- Overhead opening hatch
- 3 Overhead lights
- 2 120 vac outlets
- AC control panel
- AC Register
- AC Return
- Guest Fan
- Headroom: 74 inches
- Berth: 77 inches
SABRE 38 MK II - REVERIE - GALLEY
Located in the aft port section of the salon, the large L shaped galley has space for two people to prepare meals.
- Teak joinery and teak & holly sole
- Double stainless steel sink with hot & cold running water and foot pump spigot
- Regal 2 gimbaled 4 burner CNG stove/oven
- Top loading Alder Barbour refrigerator/freezer
- Locker under stove
- 4 Over counter lockers
- Under sink locker
- 4 Under sink drawers
- 2 Countertops
- Top loading trash bin
- Hand hold
- Fold away counter
- 3 overhead lights
- 120 vac outlet
- Headroom 72 inches
SABRE 38 MK II - REVERIE - HEAD
The head is located on the starboard side next to the cockpit companionway stairs.
- Sink in countertop with hot & cold running water and foot pump spigot
- Manual marine toilet
- 2 Lockers above sink
- Locker under sink
- Locker next to toilet
- 2 Lockers behind toilet
- Opening port
- Overhead hatch
- Over sink light; 12 vdc
- Mirror; port bulkhead
- Mirror; door
- Toilet paper holder
- Shower wand and controls
- Shower curtain
SABRE 38 MK II - REVERIE - COCKPIT
The large and functional cockpit is located in the aft section of the vessel.
- Bench seating with raised helm section; seats 7
- Fold away cockpit table
- Cup holder
- Helm station
- 2 Outdoor stereo speakers
- Cockpit Bimini Top
- 2 Storage cubbies
- Transom locker
- Large locker under starboard seating
- CNG locker
- Manual bilge pump
- Companionway to salon
- Swim ladder
SABRE 38 MK II - REVERIE - HELM
-Center mounted Edson pedestal helm with:
* Suede wrapped destroyer wheel
* Wheel brake
* Ritchie Powerdamp binnacle compass
* Autohelm GPS
* Autohelm ST7000 Autopilot
* Autohelm MULTI depth/wind/speed instrument
* Engine throttle and gear shift
- Autohelm DEPTH instrument
- Autohelm WIND instrument
- Autohelm SPEED instrument
- Engine controls and gauges
SABRE 38 MK II - REVERIE - NAV STATION
The nav station is located in the salon, starboard side forward of the head.
- Aft facing chart table, with lift top and 4 drawers
- Bench seat, with storage locker underneath
- Chart light
- 120 vac electrical panel
- 12 vdc electrical panel
- Ratheon raster scan radar display panel; model R 20X
- Autopilot remote
- Standard VHF marine radio
- Raytheon Raychart 600 Electronic Charting System
- Fischer Panda generator control panel
- Generator/shore power switch
- Perko battery bank switch
- Link 10 battery charger control panel
- Windless breaker
- Sony CDX-C680 stereo radio/CD player
- Magnavox VHS player
- Weems and Plath ships clock
- Weems and Plath barometer
- 120 vac outlet
- 12 vdc plug
SABRE 38 MK II - REVERIE - DECK
- 2 Lewmar 54 two speed self tailing electric winches
- 2 Lewmar 43 two speed winches
- Lewmar 40 2-speed self tailing electric winch
- Lewmar 30 2-speed self tailing winch
- Lewmar 20 2-speed winch
- Lewmar 24 2-speed winch
- Winch handles
- Spartan Plowmaster 35 Lb. QCR Anchor, with chain and rode
- Fortress FX-23 Danforth Anchor
- Lewmar electric windless
- 4 Dorad vents
- 4 Cleats; 2 at bow, 2 at stern
- Diesel fuel fill
- Water fill
- Waste pump out
- 2 80 Cu.Ft. CNG tanks with regulator
- Stainless steel bow pulpit and stern rail, connected by double life lines with port &
starboard stainless steel gates
- Cabin top hand holds
- 4 opening hatches
- 10 opening ports
- 4 Fixed ports
- Navigation, running & anchor lights
- Life raft mount
- Outboard motor mount
- Dock lines
- 2 Boat hooks
- Wash down gear
- Miscellaneous lines
- Foul weather gear
SABRE 38 MK II - REVERIE - RIG
- Masthead sloop rig
- 2 spreader mast with roller furling, radar mount, radar reflector, TV antenna
- Leisure Furl boom with in boom main sail furling
- Lewmar Navtec hydraulic backstay tensioner; model IA&-12
- Selden Dodkicker mechanical boom vang
- Cabin top mounted traveler
- Harkin Roller furler
- Inside and outside Jib tracks and cars
- Spinnaker pole
- All running rigging leads aft to cockpit
SABRE 38 MK II - REVERIE - SAILS
- Main sail (new)
- Spare Main sail
SABRE 38 MK II - REVERIE - MECHANICAL
- Westerbeke 33A diesel engine; 691 hours
- Parker Racor R500FG fuel filter/water separator
- Engine intake raw water strainer
- AC intake raw water strainer
- House water pump
- Jabsco accumulator tank; model 30573-000
- Aqua-Pure water filter; AP200
- Raritan 12 gallon hot water heater; Model R-12
- Rule 1500 bilge pump w/Rule-A-Matic float switch
- Marine Air Systems reverse cycle AC unit
- Alder-Barbour refrigeration unit
SABRE 38 MK II - REVERIE - ELECTRICAL
- 12 vac house power system
- 120 vac house power system
- Fischer Panda 4000 generator
- Link10 battery charger
- West marine 12 vdc starting battery; MCA 800, RC 115; model 15020100
- 3 Gel batteries 780 MCA, 550 CCA, 98 AH; part # 8G31DTM
- 2 30 amp shore power receptacles
- Shore power cables
SABRE 38 MK II - REVERIE - SAFTEY
- Kidde dry chemical fire extinguisher, class 1-A:10-B-C; Marine Type B:C Size I
- Sea-Fire Automatic Halon fire extinguisher system; model 1301
- USA Services man overboard module; model MOM8
- 3 Throwable PDF type IV cushion
- 3 Adult Type III PFDs
- 4 Adult Type II near shore PFDs
- Adult Inflatable Type II PDF
- Orion marine signal kit (flairs expired)
- SOS Flag
- 2 hand held signal horns
- Dorcy hand held search light
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.
- Engine Make: Westerbeke
- Engine Model: 33A
- Engine Year: 1988
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Drive Type: Direct
- Power HP: 33.00
- Fuel Type: Diesel
- Hours: 691.00
Click any image to view enlarged version. Swipe enlarged image to see additional enlarged images.
"Reverie" Virtual Tour: Sabre 38 MKII
Want more information about this yacht?
A native of Miami, Florida Jason grew up around boats and boating. He started sailing at the Coconut Grove Sailing Club at the age of 8 and got his first boat, a sunfish, at 11. He worked for his father, a professional yacht captain, 7 summers running from the age of 14; working out of Jones Boat Yard and Richard Bertram Yacht Yard, maintaining Trumpy, Burger and Feadship motor yachts. A graduate of Florida State University and study programs in London, England and Urbino, Italy, Jason moved to Washington DC to attend graduate school at George Washington University; followed by a career in international distribution with a focus on consultative sales, marketing and contract negotiation. A long-time resident of the Annapolis, Maryland, Jason is a member of the Chesapeake Yacht Club and an Eastport Yacht Club alumnus. Jason cruised the Chesapeake for 10 years aboard his Columbia 10.7, before becoming an avid racer; participating in the Pirates Cove Race Club's Wednesday night series on the West River, as well as various CBYRA Bay races for the last 23 seasons. After teaching his son’s to sail aboard their Hunter 27, Jason and his family can now be found cruising the Chesapeake aboard their Beneteau 381. We are pleased this seasoned sales professional and life-long boating enthusiast has joined our team here at Curtis Stokes Associates; where he is focused on helping sellers find the right buyer and buyers find right boat.
Jason can be reached at Jason@CurtisStokes.net or call 410-507-1259.
Curtis Stokes & Associates
Curtis Stokes & Associates have a brokerage office in Annapolis, Maryland.
Annapolis, a world famous boating center and cruising area is on the the Chesapeake Bay. Annapolis is home to the US Naval Academy whose students are seen practicing their skills on the water daily. Annapolis was once the United States capitol as well as being the capitol of Maryland today. The city is steeped in history which has been well preserved for interesting local architecture and scenic waterfront views everywhere.
Annapolis hosts the US Sailboat and US Powerboat Shows every fall bringing boaters from all over to see newly built boats and yachting accessories on display.