34' (10.57m) 34 - Salty Souls
2009 MAINSHIP 34 SALTY SOULS
- Beaufort North Carolina United States
- Fiberglass Hull
Salty Souls is a 2009 Mainship 34 Trawler that was not sold/commissioned until 2010.
The original owner ordered almost every option available including the Flybridge Summer Galley, Bow & Stern Thrusters (with remote), teak & holly flooring in Salon and full suite of Garmin HD instruments including 3-5212 touch screen plotters. She has a one of kind custom interior created by American Yacht Restorations, West Palm Beach that includes built in seating, helm seating, folding dining table, motorized 32" pop up tv cabinet and custom ottoman. Coupled with a custom full queen convertible settee, Salty Souls has more usable space and comfort in her salon than any other Mainship 34 Trawler.
Whether you’re a couple or planning to single hand, Salty Souls is ready to go on the Great Loop or any other cruising adventures!
Press & Media
LOA: 34' 8" (10.57 Meters)
Type: Power - Used
Beam: 14' 2"
Bridge Clearance: 15' "
Draft Max: 3' 6"
Draft Min: 3' 3"
Queen Berths: 1
Maximum Speed: 15 Knots
Cruise Speed: 9.2 Knots
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Fuel Tank: 250 Gallons (946.35 Liters)
Fresh Water: 70 Gallons (264.98 Liters)
Holding Tank: 30 Gallons (113.56 Liters)
Full DetailsView Full Details
MAINSHIP 34 MANUFACTURER PROVIDED DESCRIPTION
The 34 Trawler is romantically reminiscent of its best-selling predecessor, but offers even more power, more styling and much more spacious and functional living room. Whether used for long-distance cruising by an active couple on the go or for casual weekending and entertainment with the family, the 34 Trawler provides a welcome retreat whatever your particular lifestyle. Some key features on board the 34 Trawler include the generously appointed flybridge, upper and lower helm stations, plus an exceptionally inviting interior design to maximize your enjoyment and relaxation. Enter a world of simple, down-home comfort and practical luxury on the 34 Trawler! With a wide, comfortable 14'2" beam, this beauty feels especially spacious. The 34 Trawler features a gourmet galley that provides everything necessary for distance cruising in an easy-access layout. The private master stateroom is richly trimmed in cherry wood and features a queen bed, twin cedar-lined hanging lockers. The 34 Trawler is truly one comfortable boat.
MAINSHIP 34 WALKTHROUGH
Salty Souls offers generous walk around decks and easy to navigate molded stairs to the flybridge. Located on the flybridge is a summer kitchen, helm with full electronics and plenty of comfortable seating for entertaining.
The salon is accessed through hinged double glass doors from the aft cockpit or the starboard door adjacent to the lower helm station. The starboard helm door makes for simple single handing. Light flows into the salon through sliding windows on port and starboard. Custom furnishings include a sofa that converts to a truly comfortable queen berth for overnight guests and a fold out table with two seats. One seat doubles as the helm seat and the other also does duty as an ottoman or coffee table. Both allow storage inside. On the starboard side of the salon is a large storage cabinet as well as the cabinet that hides the 32" TV. A remote brings the TV up and down from the cabinet.
Moving forward past the starboard helm station, a few steps down is the port side galley. The galley offers cherry cabinetry, a microwave, sink, Corian countertops and refrigerator and freezer drawers and two plug in induction burners.
Continuing down the companionway, the head with a large separate shower is to starboard adjacent to the stateroom in the bow. The stateroom offers cherry cabinetry and an island berth.
MAINSHIP 34 ACCOMMODATIONS
With a wide, comfortable 14'2" beam and custom furnishings, Salty Souls feels especially spacious. The 34 Trawler features a well equipped galley that provides everything necessary for cruising in an easy-access layout. The private master stateroom is richly trimmed in cherry wood and features a queen bed and twin cedar-lined hanging lockers. The custom sofa in the salon opens into a queen bed offering comfortable sleeping for overnight guests.
MAINSHIP 34 SALON
The salon can be accessed through hinged double glass doors from the cockpit or a starboard side door adjacent to the lower helm. Salon features include:
· Custom upholstered sofa (80"x30") that easily converts to a queen size (80"x60") guest bed (New 2017)
· Sliding windows with screens
· Wood blinds with valances
· Custom multifunctional seating. One seat back doubles as a helm seat. The other seat can also be used as an ottoman or coffee table. Both also offer storage areas.
· Fold up/down table mounted on starboard side.
· Large storage closet adjacent to electrical panel with a safe mounted inside.
· 32" Sony TV that self stores in a starboard cabinet with remote control actuator
· Stereo speakers
· Synthetic teak and holly sole
· Head room: 6'4"
For a 360 degree view of the salon, cut and past this link into your browser:
https://tinyurl.com/y2vhg83h or for another view: https://tinyurl.com/29srpuyb
MAINSHIP 34 GALLEY
The galley Features:
· Corian counter tops
· Two plug-in induction burners
· Set of induction compatible cookware
· Vitrifrigo stainless steel drawer type (12v) refrigerator and freezer
· Dometic microwave oven
· Ample storage in cherry cabinets
· Synthetic teak and holly sole
· Stainless steel sink
· Hidden tilt-out trash bin
For a 360 degree view of the companionway, cut and paste this link into your browser:
MAINSHIP 34 STATEROOM
The stateroom, located forward in the bow, is richly trimmed in cherry wood.
· Island queen berth with storage drawer below and additional storage area under hinged mattress
· Wall mounted bedside reading lights.
· Opening portlights port and starboard and exterior visors to allow being open for ventilation even when raining.
· Overhead opening screened/shaded hatch
· Cedar lined hanging lockers port and starboard
· Existing wiring for stateroom TV
· Carpeted sole
· Head room - 6'2"
For a 360 degree view of the stateroom, copy and paste this link:
MAINSHIP 34 HEAD
The head is located starboard adjacent to the stateroom.
· Built-in vanity with Corian counter, stainless sink and storage below
· Quiet Flush freshwater head system w/Holding Tank
· Enclosed shower with bench
· Opening portlight
· Shower sump pump
· Waste Tank Monitor
· Macerator w/Overboard Discharge
· Reverse Polarity Indicator
· Head room 6'2"; shower head room 6'3"
For a 360 degree view of the head, cut and past this link into your browser:
MAINSHIP 34 ELECTRICAL
· Generator 8.5 kw diesel with sound shield
· Two 30 amp Smart plugs
· Battery Safety Switches
· Bonding System Switches w/Zinc Anode
· Circuit Breakers (AC/DC)
· Color-Coded Wiring Harnesses
· Two Electric Bildge Pumps w/Auto Switch
· GFCI Protection Throughout
· High Water Bildge Alarm w/4000 GPH
· Emergency Bildge Pump
· Interior Lights - 12V LED
MAINSHIP 34 ELECTRONICS
· Garmin auto pilots - one each at upper and lower helm
· Garmin GPS
· Garmin 600 AIS transceiver
· Garmin 5212 chart plotter - two screens at upper helm and one at lower helm
· Garmin HDX Radar
· Garmin depth gauge
· Standard Horizon VHF - one each at upper and lower helm
MAINSHIP 34 AUDIO/VISUAL
· Sony 32” flat screen TV
· Stereo/CD/DVD player
· Rear facing video camera that displays on all chart plotters
MAINSHIP 34 ENGINE/MECHANICAL EQUIPMENT
· Two air conditioners with reverse cycle heat
· Bow and Stern Thrusters with wireless remote control
· X-Change-R oil change system
· Dripless shaft log
· Internal sea strainer
· Bronze Struts & Rudders
· Freshwater Cooling on Engine & Generator Racor
· Seaboard Marine Fuel Filter system (2016)
· Fuel Vacuum Gauges
· Hot & Cold Pressurized Water System
· Hydraulic Steering
· Brass Seacocks on Underwater Thru-Hull Fittings
· Sea Strainers for Engine - A/C/Generator/Head
· Stainless Steels Shaft
· Bennett Trim Tabs - Hydraulic (with drop fins for enhanced tracking)
· 250 Gallon Welded Aluminum Fuel Tank
For a 360 degree view of the engine room, copy and paste this link into your browser:
MAINSHIP 34 FLYBRIDGE
· Flybridge Seating 6 or more
· Electronic Controls - Throttle & Shift
· Engine Hour Meter
· Engine instrumentation: Tachometer, Voltmeter, Oil Pressure & Temperature Gauges
· Folding table
· Bimini with full enclosure
· Magma propane grill with cover
· Flybridge console cover
· Summer galley with sink, hot and cold water and Isotherm 12v/120 fridge with cover
MAINSHIP 34 DECK EQUIPMENT
· Anchor - 35lb Plow Type
· Anchor Line - 50' chain and 150' 8mm Nylon 8 plait rode
· Anchor Locker Bow Rail-Custom 316L Stainless Steel
· Saltwater anchor washdown
· Spare anchor and line – stern locker
· Cleats- (2) Bow,(2) Stern &(2) Spring
· Cockpit fresh water washdown
· Cockpit Storage
· Courtesy Lights-Cockpit, Bridge & Deck (LED)
· Dockside Water Connection
· Double glass door entry into salon with screen
· Molded Steps to Bridge - quick and easy access to engine room
· Deck Safety Rails - Custom 316L Stainless Steel
· Sampson Post
· Swim Platform w/Ladder
· Venting Center Windshield
· Venturi Windshield – Flybridge
· Dock Lines
· Six large fenders
· Electric horns
· Navigation lights
· Removeable canvas to provide privacy or sun/rain protection for aft cockpit.
For a 360 degree view of the cockpit, cut and paste this link into your browser:
For a 360 degree view of the bow, cut and paste this link into your browser:
MAINSHIP 34 TENDER
· 2017 Highfield CL310 10’ tender
· Suzuki 15hp outboard
· Dinghy Caddy davit system (raises and lowers dinghy without removing engine)
MAINSHIP 34 FIRE AND SAFETY EQUIPMENT
· Engine Alarm Systems
· Automatic Fire Suppression System in engine room – inspected May 2022
· Fire extinguishers located in the salon and on steps to flybridge – inspected 2022
· Carbon monoxide detector in stateroom and salon
· Smoke detector in stateroom and salon
· Eight life vests
· Electric flare
MAINSHIP 34 MAINTENANCE AND UPGRADES
· Commissioning engine & generator work by Bayshore Marine (128 hrs)
· All hoses, belts, impellers, filters and gaskets
· Installed Seaboard Marine fuel filter system
· 3-8D Batteries 2 - house, 1-thrusters
· 1-Group 27 Battery (Generator)
- New Fresh Water System pump
- Added whole system 10" water filter
- Added 3-way Engine Fresh Water flush valve/connection
- Added check valve to AC cooling water system (no more priming of AC pump)
- New Seaboard Marine duel stage fuel filter system
- New Water Heater
- New Isotherm Refrigerator/Freezer 12v/120v on Fly Bridge Summer Galley
- Major Overhaul of Salon Interior including:
- Custom cabinetry to add built in settee with storage and helm seat
- Starboard cabinet to hold motorized pop-up 32" flat screen tv
- Custom wood ottoman to match new woodwork and serve as seating for new table or reverse top as coffee table
- Custom pop-up dining table the folds out of the way when not in use
- Adding riser/collar to Garmin Plotter at Helm to improve viewing angle
- Added helm fold down foot rest
- All interior lights changed to LED
- Replaced original queen mattress with a custom 6-inch mattress
- Canvas work:
- Cover added to summer galley sink/fridge unit
- Cover added to summer galley gas grill
- Cockpit stern rain/privacy canvas added
- New Island Time web booster and WI/fi router
- Drop fins on trim tabs
· 500 hr service Bayshore Marine
· All impellers, filters and Yanmar suggested service
- Bottom stripped and epoxy water barrier covered
- New bottom paint
- New Nibral 4-blade prop (old prop tuned and kept as spare)
- Weaver swim platform Davits added and Gaugher motor crane & engine railing mount
- New carpet in Stateroom
- New Garmin AIS 600
- Complete upgrade of electrical system by Marine Electric Systems, Annapolis
- New 4D dedicated starter battery
- Remote in Cabin master battery switches
- Re-wired battery system
- Added the ability to start from either Engine battery or house
- Added in Cabin digital battery monitor
- Rebuilt Alternator
- Added mastervolt Isolator
· 1000 hr service Bayshore Marine
· All impellers, filters and Yanmar suggested service
· Front oil seal replaced
· Oil cooler core replaced (manufacture defect)
· End of Season full service (1225) Atlantic Yacht Basin
· All filters, impellers and coolant change
· Dinghy Caddy davit system added (raise & lower dinghy without removing engine)
· New custom full queen fold-out convertible in salon (with storage underneath)
· New Bimini
· New bottom and running gear paint
· Reupholstered two Flybridge helm chairs
· End of season full service (1620 hour) Lamb's Yacht Center
· All Impellers, filters and Yanmar recommended service
· Replaced valves in head
· Flybridge joint resealed
· New remote operated spot light (both helms)
· All outside lighting changed to LED and New LED spreader lights & nav lights
· New sunscreens for all windows
· Dedicated sump pump for Salon AC condensate
o R&R Dive Service - bottom and thru hulls cleaned, monthly cleaning initiated
o Crystal Coast Marine Svcs checked AC units and water flow; all units working properly
o Town Creek Marina haul out, bottom prepped and painted (2 coats SeaHawk black ablative bottom paint)
o Cutlass bearing replaced
o All zincs replaced
o Thru hull valves checked and lubricated
· December to January 2021
o Town Creek Marina – main engine and generator full annual service
o Oil drained and replaced, oil and fuel filters replaced
o Zincs replaced
o Raw water pump to main engine replaced
o Main engine heat exchanger bundle removed, cleaned, reinstalled
o Exhaust manifold removed, cleaned, reinstalled
o Aftercooler bundle removed, cleaned, reinstalled
o Marine One Svcs (Alex, Garmin rep) inspected Garmin system and AIS transmitter/receiver – all okay.
o Town Creek Marina electrician inspected main battery and engine ground wire, replacing 4 damaged wires and battery lugs and checked voltage on engine alternator – delivering 55-60 amps: good.
o Braza Boatworks full detail cleaning and wax above water line to flying bridge
o AC pump upgraded and relocated above intake strainer as recommended – much better flow to forward unit and out forward outlet
o Completed work on replacement of heat-exchanger/exhaust manifold combined part
o New engine oil and coolant
o Sea trial good with good compression and easy start
o Replaced isinglass on fly bridge
o Re-covered settee and chair cushions on flybridge
o Added chair covers on fly bridge
o Replaced all canvas fasteners as needed
Engine and generator hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.
- Engine Make: Yanmar
- Engine Model: 6LY3UTYP
- Engine Year: 2008
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Drive Type: Direct
- Power HP: 380.00
- Fuel Type: Diesel
- Hours: 1737.00
Click any image to view enlarged version. Swipe enlarged image to see additional enlarged images.
Mainship 34 "Salty Soul" Video
Want more information about this yacht?
Joe and wife Punk (Kathy) are retired full time residents of Fairfield Harbour, located in New Bern NC. Joe is a Vietnam era US Army veteran who served in uniform for 3 years. After the US Army, he returned to college and graduated with a degree in Law Enforcement and Criminology from the University of Maryland, College Park. He then spent 23 years as a US Park Police Officer retiring as a Lieutenant.Joe then joined the Treasury Department as an Instructor in the Marine Law Enforcement Training Branch where he instructed students on the safe and proper operations of boats at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center located in Glynco, Georgia. Joe then designed, built, staffed and managed a training facility in Maryland, retiring as a Division Chief. Then he and Punk, moved onto their boat the M/V “Carolyn Ann” (named after their mothers) as full time cruising “live-aboards”. Joe has been a boater most of his life. He has held a USCG license and owned both power and sail boats.
Joe and Punk have cruised over 40,000 miles east of the Rockies throughout the waters and rivers of the Midwest, Great Lakes, Eastern United States and Canada. They completed the Great Loop three times, cruising all the route variations. Joe and Punk have recently settled back on land in Fairfield Harbour.
Joe has been a frequent speaker at the American Great Loop Cruiser’s Assoc. rendezvous as well as other boating clubs. He has been published by Passage Maker and he and Punk have been featured in the Wall Street Journal and other daily publications. They are members of the Fairfield Harbour Yacht Club, The American Great Loop Cruiser’s Association (AGLCA), and The Marine Trawler Owner’s Association (MTOA).
Their cruising experience is an added value for those looking for their “Loop” boat or just wanting to live aboard and cruise. This team can offer both a guy’s, and gal’s perspective for those wanting a boating lifestyle adventure.
Joe and Punk can be reached at email@example.com or 301-904-9122.