40' (12.19m) 400 Expedition - HARMONY
Harmony, 2008 Mainship Expedition 400 has been well maintained and continuously upgraded. She's just been detailed and is ready for spring cruising today. These vessels are very popular, call right away to schedule your showing. Please see all the photos and details below.
- Wilmington North Carolina United States
- 400 Expedition
- Fiberglass Hull
Price Reduced! Seller will consider all reasonable offers.
Harmony is a 2008 Mainship Expedition 400 in very good shape. She features single Yanmar 380 HP engine with only 1900 hrs, Bow & Stern Thrusters, Lewmar vertical Windlass, Kohler 9KW Generator, 4 8D AGM batteries, 3 Garmin 943 Chartplotter/Radar displays (2020), 2 16,000 BTU Wabasto HVAC systems, Large Flybridge and upper Sundeck, Aft Cockpit and spacious, well appointed interior. Harmony has been meticulously cared for and regularly upgraded. She has just been detailed and is ready for spring cruising today! Perfect for the Great Loop, the Mainship trawlers have been very popular since introduced in the 1990's and the Expedition model has been refined with lots of input from previous owners to have a more spacious interior while maintaining ease of operation and maintenance. Harmony's fuel consumption, at displacement speeds, is around 4 GPH and though she is certainly most efficient at displacement speeds, she is capable of operating in the semi-displacement range, 12+ even when powered by a single engine, and top speed is reported to be 17Kts. Please see the photos, video and full specs below. Harmony is available to see by appointment in Carolina Beach North Carolina. Call today with questions or to schedule an appointment.
Press & Media
LOA: 40' " (12.19 Meters)
Type: Power - Used
Beam: 14' 2"
Bridge Clearance: ' "
Draft Max: 3' 8"
Draft Min: ' "
Single Berths: 2
Queen Berths: 1
Maximum Speed: 17 Knots
Cruise Speed: 9 Knots
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Fuel Tank: 300 Gallons (1135.62 Liters)
Fresh Water: 130 Gallons (492.1 Liters)
Holding Tank: 47 Gallons (177.91 Liters)
Full DetailsView Full Details
Harmony Vessel Walk-Through
You can board Harmony from the swim-platform, through a door in the transom, or on either side of the cockpit by way of removable steps. From the cockpit you can go forward on either port or starboard side with the security of tall bullworks and sturdy railings. There is one step up to the foredeck, but the bullworks extend all the way to the bow. The windlass is mounted up on a raised deck with anchor lockers on each side. There is ample room on deck to for handling lines and anchors or lounging in the sun.
The Flybridge is accessed by way of the stairwell in the cockpit to starboard, which has a sturdy railing. At the top of the stairs is a large Sundeck with high railings, a patio table, a Summer Galley, with grill, icemaker, and fresh-water basin, and room for 4 patio chairs. Forward of the Sundeck is the fully enclosed Flybridge, with large L shaped settee to port, a fold-down table center and another settee to starboard. Forward of this large dinette area are 2 large bench seats and a center helm-chair. The upper helm has 2 Garmin 943 Chart-plotter/Radar displays and full controls, including bow & stern thrusters.
The main Cabin is accessed through large double doors in the cockpit, or the sliding door next to the lower helm. Harmony's Salon features a large L shaped settee to starboard and 2 Zero Gravity chairs with ottomans to port. There is movable high/low table at the settee and storage in cabinets above. The 32" Smart TV strategically camouflages the main electrical distribution panel. With large windows and on either side and in the double doors there is plenty of natural light and ventilation. The Galley is forward to port in the Main Cabin and features stainless steel under counter Vitrifrigo refrigerator/freezer, Princess 3 burner glass-top range, LG Microwave oven, and a large 2 bin basin with stainless fixture set in solid surface counter-tops. The galley has ample storage above and below the counters and a large sliding window provides plenty of natural light and ventilation.
Across from the Galley, to starboard, the lower helm has a large upholstered bench seat with folding backrest. The seat seat slides back and forth so you can sit close to the helm or keep the clear for access to the sliding door. The helm is done in beautiful teak with teak wheel. The well equipped helm has a Garmin 943 display, engine monitor display and controls for engine, bow & stern thrusters, trim-tabs and anchor windlass. 360 panoramic view, and easy access to cockpit and starboard side deck facilitate maneuvering and docking.
From Harmony's Main Cabin going forward and down three steps is a foyer with access to the Guest Cabin to port, the head and shower to starboard and the Master cabin forward center. There is also a large storage space beneath the steps which could accommodate a washer/dryer unit. The Guest Cabin has standing headroom near the entrance, a hanging locker forward, 2 single berths, which can be joined to one queen size berth, an opening port and overhead hatch provide natural light and ventilation. The Master Cabin has a island queen berth with storage below, lighted hanging lockers to port and starboard, opening ports and large hatch for natural light and ventilation. There is access to the head from the master and from the foyer. The head is spacious for a vessel of this size and has an electric toilet, separate shower and a nice stainless basin set in solid surface counter-top. There is an opening port and overhead hatch for light and ventilation.
Harmony's Engine Compartment is accessed by one or all of three hatch-boards in the Salon. It is clean, well organized and has room to get around all sides of the engine and shaft-seal for maintenance.
Harmony Navigation & Electronics
- Garmin 943 Chartpotter System 3 displays, 1 at lower helm 2 at upper helm (2020)
- Garmin 800 AIS (2020)
- Garmin HD Radar
- RayMarine 215 VHF Radio (2015)
- Rechargeable LED spot light
- West Marine Offshore 300 Binoculars
- Map-tech Chartbooks, Canada-Florida and Bahamas
- Clarion AM/FM Stereo at upper helm (2012)
- 2 Samsung 32" Smart TVs 1 in Salon (2019) 1 in Fwd Stateroom (2018)
- Fusion Stereo/DVD player in Salon (2017)
- Definitive Tech. "Supercube" Subwoofer
- Island time pc Wi-Fi antenna/router (2019)
- HP 5255 Office-Jet Wireless Printer/Scanner
Harmony Plumbing & Mechanical Equipment
- Yanmar 6LY3-UTP 380HP Main engine 1900 hrs.
- added 2nd diesel return to starboard tank
- Kohler 9EOZD 120V 9KW Genereator 1300 hrs.
- 2 Webasto 16000 BTU Central HVACs, 1 in Salon (2015), 1 in Stateroom (2020)
- Mermaid Condensator venturi device for HVAC condensation pan (2015)
- Jabsco Electric Head
- Jabsco macerator and shutoff valve (2015)
- Fore and Aft Bilge pumps
- Whale 1500W 6 gal. water-heater
- 12V Fresh water pump
- SCAD Tech. Solo tank monitor
- Fresh and Salt water washdown at Foredeck & Cockpit
- Dometic holding tank vent filter (2014)
- Sharkbite shut-off valve between fresh water tanks
- Tool kits w/ numerous replacement parts and bulbs
Harmony Electrical Equipment
- Kohler 9EOZD 9KW Diesel Generator 1300 hrs
- 50 amp Shore power with cable
- 4) 8D AGM Batteries (2021)
- ProMariner Battery Charge (2019)
- Smart Charger for Generator battery (2015)
- 6 Bi-color touch sensitive LED reading lights (2018)
- Wireless "Puck" Lights throughout the vessel (2019)
- Replaced cealing lights with LEDs (2016)
- Dual USB Chargers upper and lower helms (2019)
Harmony Deck, Anchor Equipment
- Delta plow anchor w/ Chain rode
- Lewmar vertical windlass
- Fortress spare anchor w/ 210' rope/chain rode & carrying case
- 8 fenders & 2 fender boards
- extra docklines
- Bow and stern flag staffs
- Motion-sensor cockpit light
- Drip rail installed over storage compatment in stairwell
- Second cockpit hatch drain installed
- 6 Sunbrella window covers (2018)
- 2 DripperGuard for bow (2019)
- ACR Globalfix EPIRB
- 2ea. CO2 detectors, hard-wired and 10 year battery (2018)
- 2ea. Smoke detectors
- USCG recomended Life-Jackets, flares, etc.
- Ditch-Bag w/ Sirius SOS C1003 LED strobe, Garmin handheld GPS and Standard Horizon HX-210 handheld VHF
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.
- Engine Make: Yanmar
- Engine Model: 6LY3-UTP
- Engine Year: 2008
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Drive Type: Direct
- Power HP: 380.00
- Fuel Type: Diesel
- Hours: 1900.00
Click any image to view enlarged version. Swipe enlarged image to see additional enlarged images.