40' (12.19m) 400 - Yellowstone
2005 40' Mainship 400 Trawler
- Jacksonville Florida United States
- Fiberglass Hull
Yellowstone is a 2005 40' Mainship in good condition. She offers a single Yanmar 370 HP main engine, Kohler 8 kW generator, Side-Power bow and stern thrusters, oil change system, isolation transformer/booster, 2016 West Marine RIB tender with a Torqueedo electric outboard, molded-in steps to the flybridge and a two stateroom layout. Yellowstone is a Great Loop veteran.
LOA: 40' " (12.19 Meters)
Type: Power - Used
Beam: 14' 2"
Bridge Clearance: 12' 6"
Draft Max: 3' 8"
Draft Min: 3' 8"
Single Berths: 2
Queen Berths: 1
Maximum Speed: 16 Knots
Cruise Speed: 8 Knots
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Fuel Tank: 318 Gallons (1203.76 Liters)
Fresh Water: 130 Gallons (492.1 Liters)
Holding Tank: 47 Gallons (177.91 Liters)
Full DetailsView Full Details
40' Mainship Vessel Walkthrough
From the fiberglass swimplatform, you enter the hardtop covered aftdeck via the starboard transom gate. Once on the aftdeck, you will find molded-in steps to the flybridge, same level side decks and double aluminum & glass doors to the salon. Once inside the salon, you will find the electrical panels and galley to starboard, lower helm and side deck access door starboard forward, two lounge chairs and an end table to port and a dinette port forward. Step down the companionway and you will find a guest stateroom to port, master stateroom forward and a head with enclosed shower to starboard. Engine room access is via salon sole hatches with hinges.
The headroom in the salon is 6'6", 6'2" in the master stateroom, 5'11" to 6'4" in the guest stateroom, 6'3" in the shower, 6'9" on the flybridge and 7' on the aftdeck. The master stateroom berth is 6'2" long and the guest stateroom berths are 6'9" long.
The height from the waterline with the bimini raised is 16'. With the mast lowered and flybridge bimini lowered the height above the waterline is 12'6".
40' Mainship Accommodations
Yellowstone offers a master stateroom forward with an island queen size berth and direct access to the head with enclosed shower; and a guest stateroom with two single berths to port.
40' Mainship Salon
The salon offers two lounge chairs and an end table to port, dinette and two stools port forward, side deck access door starboard forward, vinyl teak & holly sole, opening side windows with screens and blinds, double aluminum & glass doors with a curtain aft, screen door aft, shades on the windshield and engine room access.
40' Mainship Galley
The galley is located to starboard in the salon.
- Nova-Kool refrigerator/freezer
- Princess 3-burner electric cooktop and oven
- Microwave oven
- Double stainless sinks
- Storage drawers and cabinets
- Trash compartment
- Wine glass rack
- Jenn-Air BBQ grill in the sundeck summer kitchen
40' Mainship Dining
Dining space is available at the salon dinette and the flybridge fold-up tables.
40' Mainship Master Stateroom
The master stateroom is forward and offers an island queen size berth, 2 portlights, Bomar overhead hatch with an Oceanair screen/shade, vinyl teak & holly sole, fan, reading lights, mirror, storage drawers and cabinet, two hanging lockers, storage under the berth and direct access to the head with an enclosed shower.
40' Mainship Guest Stateroom
The guest stateroom is to port and offers two single berths with storage underneath, fan, vinyl teak & holly sole, portlight, overhead hatch with a screen/shade, removable clothes hanging rods, hanging locker and storage cabinets. The head with an enclosed shower is to starboard.
40' Mainship Lower Helm
The lower helm offers full electronics, engine controls, windlass control, trim tabs control, bow and stern thruster controls, emergency engine shut down control, bilge high water alarms, 12 vdc outlet and a side deck access door.
40' Mainship Flybridge
The flybridge offers a bimini, full Eisenglass enclosure with three screens, non-skid deck, hinged mast, helm forward, storage cabinets, L-shaped seating with storage to port, benchseat with storage to starboard, fold-up tables centerline, Todd helmseat, Garelick Eez-In mate seat, benchseat forward on each side, molded-in stairs to the aftdeck, engine control, anchor windlass control, trim tabs control, full electronics and bilge high water alarms.
40' Mainship Sundeck
The sundeck aft of the flybridge offers a removable table, 2 deck chairs, non-skid deck, Yachter's Choice cooler, summer kitchen with a stainless steel sink, Jenn-Air BBQ grill and stainless steel rails.
40' Mainship Aftdeck
The hardtop covered aftdeck offers a non-skid deck, same level side decks, transom gate, transom storage lockers, fold-down step on each side, molded-in steps to the flybridge with storage underneath, lazarette access and double aluminum & glass doors to the salon.
40' Mainship Audio/Visual Equipment
- Samsung flat screen TV
- Sharp flat screen TV in the master stateroom
- Bose home theater surround sound system in the salon
- Bose interior speakers
- Dual MXD25 stereo/CD player on the flybridge
- Kenwood exterior speakers
40' Mainship Electronics
- Raymarine Quantum Radar
- Raymarine Axiom multi-function display on the flybridge and at the lower helm
- Raymarine autopilot on the flybridge
- Raymarine depth/wind display on the flybridge
- Raymarine VHF on the flybridge
- Navman 7200 VHF at the lower helm
- Danforth Global Balance magnetic compass on the flybridge and at the lower helm
- Nebo Tracker system with U.S. and Canadian chips
40' Mainship Electrical System
- Kohler 8EOZD 8 kW generator with approximately 2,515 hours
- ProMariner ProNautic 12.60P battery charger
- Charles isolation transformer/booster
- Balmar Smartgauge battery monitor system
- 50 amp shore power cord
- 12 vdc outlet on the flybridge and at the lower helm
- Perko battery switch
- 3 X 8D batteries
- 2 X Interstate Group 24 batteries
40' Mainship Engine/Mechanical Equipment
- Single Yanmar 6LYA-STP 370 HP main engine with approximately 3,158.5 hours
- ZF 80-1-A gearbox
- ZF electronic engine control
- Faria gauges
- Dripless shaft seal
- Groco sea strainers
- Seastar hydraulic steering system
- Racor 900MA fuel filter with a vacuum gauge for the main engine
- Racor R12P fuel filter for the generator
- Oil-X-Changer oil change system
- Side-Power bow and stern thrusters
- Bennett trim tabs
- Dometic reverse cycle air conditioning/heating system (2 units)
- Fresh water manifold
- Jabsco fresh water system accumulator tank
- Jabsco Par-Max 3.5 fresh water system pump
- Attwood 6 gallon water heater
- Jabsco electric head
- Jabsco macerator pump
- Wema holding tank level display
- Spare parts
- Stainless steel rudder
40' Mainship Deck Equipment
- Lewmar anchor windlass with foot controls and a remote control on the flybridge and at the lower helm
- Mantus Supreme anchor
- Manson anchor bridle
- Stainless steel double anchor roller
- 100' 3/8" anchor chain and 150' 5/8" nylon rode
- Stainless steel Sampson Post
- Stainless steel rails
- Stainless steel deck hardware
- Stainless steel fender racks
- Non-skid decks
- 2 rod holders
- Dockwater connection
- Spreader lights
- Fiberglass swimplatform
- Swim ladder
40' Mainship Tender
- West Marine RIB 330 10'9" 2016 tender
- Torquedo electric outboard (Recent full 5 year service)
- Custom aluminum davits with a Warn winch and wired remote control
40' Mainship Safety and Fire Protection
- Sea-Fire engine room and lazarette fire suppression system
- Fire extinguishers
- Safe-T-Alert carbon monoxide detector
- Rule bilge pumps
- Bilge high water alarm
- Lifesling2 overboard recovery system
40' Mainship Exclusions
- Sellers' personal belongings
40' Mainship Disclaimer
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
- Engine Make: Yanmar
- Engine Model: 6LYA-STP
- Engine Year:
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Drive Type: Direct
- Power HP: 370.00
- Fuel Type: Diesel
- Hours: 3158.50
Click any image to view enlarged version. Swipe enlarged image to see additional enlarged images.