1982 Marine Trader
40' (12.19m) 40 DC - Knot For Sail
Knot for Sail is a 1982 Ocean Alexander Double Cabin trawler with only having Two Owners and the current owner has owned her for the last 28 years.
- North East Maryland United States
- 40 DC
- Fiberglass Hull
While Knot far Sale has an “ETY” hull identification number same as a Marine Trader and is labeled as so. It’s a 40’ Ocean Marine Trawler made by Alexander Chueh. He was just out of the Army and had very little money when he started building boats. He understood that to build boats required a mold and buying a new or making one, was too expensive. So, he bought a used mold from Marine Trader and that is why all of Alexander Chueh’s earlier boats share the Marine Trader “ETV” HIN numbers.
Alexander Cheuh knew that on-top of making a better-quality boat, he needed to make changes in order for his yachts would not be confused with Marine Traders. He made the following modifications:
1. Ocean Marine windows have a rounded corner trim on all windows, inside and out. Where Marine Trader windows are rectangular and not rounded.
2. Ocean Marine Ed Monk style lap straks are more deeply grooved compared to Marine Trader.
3. Ocean Marine have thicker 3"x2" oval teak handrails, Marine Traders do not.
4. Ocean Marine has large Ed Monk style hawsers, Marine Trader’s hawsers opening are reduced in size around the decks.
5. Both the wooden splash and bumper guards are smaller on the Marine Trader.
6. The hull on an Ocean Marine yacht is solid hand-laid fiberglass, with no wood in between layers.
7. The interior woodwork craftmanship inside an Ocean Marine are far superior to a Marine Trader.
Later, Alexander Chueh opened another company called Alexander Marine and is when he started building the Ocean Alexander. His son, John Chueh, is running Alexander Marine today.
Knot for Sail has only had Two Owners and the same owner for the last 28 years. This beautiful 40' Double Cabin has been well taken care of and is ready to take new owners on their next adventures!!
A popular model, the 40 Double Cabin was introduced in 1980 when fuel-efficient trawlers were extremely popular in the U.S. market. One of the better-quality imports of her era, she rides on a solid fiberglass, semi-displacement hull with hard chines, moderate beam, and a long keel for improved directional stability. The standard two-stateroom floorplan of the Ocean 40 is arranged with the galley to starboard in the salon and a walkaround queen bed in the aft cabin. A lower helm was standard, and port and starboard doors in the salon provide convenient deck access.
Press & Media
LOA: 40' " (12.19 Meters)
Type: Power - Used
Beam: 13' 4"
Bridge Clearance: ' "
Draft Max: 3' 6"
Draft Min: ' "
King Berths: 1
Maximum Speed: Knots
Cruise Speed: Knots
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Fuel Tank: 400 Gallons (1514.16 Liters)
Fresh Water: 200 Gallons (757.08 Liters)
Holding Tank: Gallons ( Liters)
Full DetailsView Full Details
SALON- Very Comfortable L Shaped Settee w/ Custom Upholstery and Cushions
- Storage Under Settee
- Hi-Low Table
- Galley In Salon
- Access to Master and VIP Staterooms
- Queen size Walkaround Berth w/ Custom Mattress
- Full Length Walk in Hanging Locker
- Chest of Drawers Port and Starboard
- Privacy Door
- End Tables
- Teak Flooring
- Access to Aft Deck
- Private Head
- Large Stall Shower
- V-Berth Forward with Fitted Sheets
- Hanging Locker
- Private Entrance
- Private Head
- Vac-U-Flush Head
- 3 Burner Propane Stove with Oven
- Large Corian Sink
- AC/DC NovaCold Freeze/Refrigerator
- Captain's Chairs
- Port Side Aft L-Shaped Seating Area
- Large DC Refrigerator/Freezer
- Starboard Side Lounge
- Bimini w/ storage cover
- Canvas Covers
- Deck & Hull Re-Painted w/ Awlgrip (2004)
- Hydraulic stern Thruster w/ "Take me Home" (Rebuilt 5/2021)
- Fuel Polishing System
- Dingy Davits
- Full Walk Around Teak Decks
- Window Covers
- Access to Flybridge
- Teak Cap Rails with Canvas Covers
- Replaced all portal gaskets & sealed all plastic portal lenses (9/2018)
- Full Boat Storage Canvas Cover
- Standard Horizon Chart Plotter CP300 (6/2011)
- Simrad Autopilot AP24 Flybridge (7/2012)
- Simrad Remote WR20 Helm (7/2012)
- Simrad Radar
- Depth Sounder
- Sony Stereo w/ remote (8/2019)
- Fuel FloScan Helm
- Standard Horizon VHF Radio
- Westerbeke 7kw Generator w/ 665 hours has onboard winterizing (Injectors & exhaust system 8/2015)
- Magnum Invertor/Charger
- All New 6 volt batteries hooked up in sync. (6/2022)
- 30 amp Service
- AC/DC Distribution Panel
- Led Lighting throughout boat
The engine room is very clean and spacious with good all-around access.
Upper & Lower Helms with full controls
Complete mechanical engine gauges and digital tachometers are mounted on aft engine room bulkhead
Dual fuel filters
(2) Reverse cycle air conditioners
Fresh water cooling system (eng. and genset)
(3) bilge pumps
External raw water sea strainer
Hydraulic wheel steering
Engine & generator mufflers
Halon fire extinguisher system
Fuel prime pumps
Hydraulic trim tab
Engine and generator hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.
- Engine Make: Ford Lehman
- Engine Model: 6D380
- Engine Year:
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Drive Type: Direct
- Power HP: 120.00
- Fuel Type: Diesel
- Hours: 3500.00
Click any image to view enlarged version. Swipe enlarged image to see additional enlarged images.
Want more information about this yacht?
Curtis Stokes & Associates
Curtis Stokes & Associates have a brokerage office in Annapolis, Maryland.
Annapolis, a world famous boating center and cruising area is on the the Chesapeake Bay. Annapolis is home to the US Naval Academy whose students are seen practicing their skills on the water daily. Annapolis was once the United States capitol as well as being the capitol of Maryland today. The city is steeped in history which has been well preserved for interesting local architecture and scenic waterfront views everywhere.
Annapolis hosts the US Sailboat and US Powerboat Shows every fall bringing boaters from all over to see newly built boats and yachting accessories on display.