44' (13.41m) "44" - Mi Escape
Mi Escape is a classic 44' Thompson trawler in good condition offering a single, naturally aspirated Detroit Diesel 4-53 130 HP main engine with only 2,600 hours, 12 kW generator, bowthruster, newer Garmin electronics, newer galley equipment and a clean, light, uncluttered interior.
- Cheboygan Michigan United States
- Fiberglass Hull
Mi Escape is a classic 44' Thompson trawler in good condition offering a single, naturally aspirated Detroit Diesel 4-53 130 HP main engine with only 2,600 hours, 12 kW generator, bowthruster, newer Garmin electronics, reverse cycle air conditioning/heating system, newer galley equipment and a clean, light, uncluttered interior. The seller is the fourth owner of the boat and bought her in Florida in 2018. Mi Escape is stored inside for the Winter, but she is accessible for inspection and survey and is Great Loop capable.
Press & Media
LOA: 44' " (13.41 Meters)
Type: Power - Used
Beam: 15' "
Bridge Clearance: 16' 9"
Draft Max: 3' 6"
Draft Min: 3' 0"
Queen Berths: 1
Full Beam Master: Yes
Maximum Speed: 12 Knots
Cruise Speed: 8 Knots
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Fuel Tank: 710 Gallons (2687.64 Liters)
Fresh Water: 230 Gallons (870.64 Liters)
Holding Tank: 45 Gallons (170.34 Liters)
Full DetailsView Full Details
44' Thompson Vessel Walkthrough
From the aftdeck, you can step up onto the trunk cabin and then to the flybridge or you can walk out either same-level side deck to the foredeck or into the salon via a side door on each side. Once inside the salon, you will find the lower helm with side deck access door starboard forward, galley-guest stateroom forward, sofa and storage cabinet to port, side deck access door port forward, lounge chair aft, master stateroom companionway starboard aft and entertainment center/laundry cabinet to starboard. Engine room access is via a salon sole hatch.
The headroom in the salon is 6'3", 6'1" in the master stateroom, 6'2" in the master stateroom shower and 6'3" in the galley-guest stateroom. the master stateroom berth is 6'2" long, the guest stateroom berths are 6' long and the master stateroom sofa is 7' long.
44' Thompson Accommodations
Mi Escape offers a full-beam master stateroom aft with an ensuite head and enclosed shower; and a guest stateroom forward with a v-berth with insert and ensuite head.
44' Thompson Salon
The very light and airy salon offers carpet, a side deck access door on each side, entertainment center and laundry cabinetry to starboard, lounge chair aft, sofa and storage cabinet to port, opening windows with screens and blinds on each side, aft windows with blinds and engine room access.
44' Thompson Galley
The down galley is forward and shares space with the guest stateroom.
- Nova-Kool refrigerator/freezer
- Origo Schott Ceran 2 burner electric cooktop
- Oster stainless steel oven
- Stainless steel sink
- Corian countertop
- Storage drawers and cabinets
- Trash compartment
44' Thompson Master Stateroom
The full-beam master stateroom aft offers a centerline queen size berth with memory foam mattress, carpet, overhead hatch with a screen, full-length mirror, opening side and aft windows with screens and blinds, reading lights, hanging locker, storage drawers and cabinets and an ensuite head with enclosed shower.
44' Thompson Guest Stateroom
The guest stateroom is forward and offers a v-berth with insert and memory foam mattresses, 2 portlights, overhead hatch with a screen, reading lights and an ensuite head.
44' Thompson Laundry
- Avanti washer/spinner dryer
44' Thompson Flybridge
The huge flybridge offers a bimini, non-skid deck, benchseat with storage aft, 2 Todd helmseats, storage under the helm and stainless steel and teak steps to the trunk cabin.
44' Thompson Audio/Visual Equipment
- Vizio flat screen TV in the salon
44' Thompson Electronics
- Garmin Radar (2018)
- Garmin GPSmap 742xs multi-function display at the lower helm and on the flybridge (2018)
- Garmin autopilot at the lower helm (2018)
- Garmin depth sounder (Chirp) (2018) (Displayed in the 742xs MFD)
- Norcross depth sounder at the lower helm and on the flybridge
- Aqua Meter Gemini magnetic compass at the lower helm
- Standard Horizon Spectrum VHF at the lower helm and remote connection on the flybridge
- Seth Thomas clock and barometer at the lower helm
44' thompson Electrical System
- Onan 12.0MDJC-18R 12 kW generator
- 50 amp shore power cord
- 12 vdc outlets on the flybridge, at the lower helm and in the guest stateroom.
- Delco Remy alternator
- 4 X Interstate 4d-XHD batteries (2018)
- Diehard 50032 generator start battery
- LED interior lighting
44' Thompson Engine/Mechanical Equipment
- Single Detroit Diesel naturally aspirated 4-53 130 HP main engine with approximately 2,600 hours
- Huber Marine HM600 gearbox (Rebuilt in 2018)
- Morse engine controls
- Hynautic hydraulic steering system
- VDO rudder angle indicator at each helm
- Perko sea strainers
- 2 X Racor 900MA fuel filters with vacuum gauge
- Max Power bowthruster (Upgraded from a 4-blade unit to a 6-blade unit)
- Kuuma stainless steel 6 gallon water heater (2018)
- Marine Air Systems and Webasto reverse cycle air conditioning/heating systems
- Raritan electric heads (2018)
- Blackwater system hoses replaced in 2018
44' Thompson Deck Equipment
- Ideal anchor windlass with foot controls and remote control at each helm
- Rocna 121 LB anchor (2018)
- Danforth anchor
- 300' 3/8" anchor chain and 150' nylon rode
- Stainless steel anchor roller
- Stainless steel rails with single lifeline
- Stainless steel deck hardware
- Non-skid decks
- Hot/cold fresh water shower
- 2 rod holders
- Boarding gate on each side and aft
- Dock water connection
- Wood boarding ladder
- Aluminum swimplatform
44' Thompson Safety and Fire Protection
- Fire extinguishers
- 2 Liferings
- Lifesling2 overboard recovery system
- Rule bilge pumps
- Rule bilge high water alarms
44' Thompson Exclusions
- Sellers' personal belongings
44' Thompson Disclaimer
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Engine Make: Detroit Diesel
- Engine Model: 4-53
- Engine Year:
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Drive Type: Direct
- Power HP: 130.00
- Fuel Type: Diesel
- Hours: 2600.00
Click any image to view enlarged version. Swipe enlarged image to see additional enlarged images.
Thompson 44' Trawler for Sale
44' Thompson Mi Escape
Want more information about this yacht?
Curtis Stokes & Associates
Curtis Stokes & Associates are headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. The Fort Lauderdale office is run by president and yacht broker Curtis Stokes, a long time resident of Fort Lauderdale and a well known broker for many years in the South Florida area.
Fort Lauderdale is on the southeastern coast close to the Florida Keys, Bahamas and the Caribbean. Fort Lauderdale is known as a crossroads of yachting and is home to 165 miles of water ways and many marinas providing ample dockage for yachts. The Fort Lauderdale Boat Show every fall is the world’s largest attracting a world wide clientele.