53' (16.15m) 530 - Skipping Stone
1981 Pearson 530 Ketch
- Wickford Rhode Island United States
- Fiberglass Hull
This Pearson 530 is a solid offshore center cockpit cruiser. And with her unique keel/centerboard configuration, she has the ability to visit secluded harbors along the way. With roller furling on all sails, all lines led back to the cockpit, electric jib winches as well as electric in mast roller furling, this yacht is a pleasure to sail. This 53 is the three stateroom two head layout, featuring a walk in engine room! This makes maintenance almost a joy rather than a chore. The current owners have done some selective chartering and those records and files can be available to the next owners.
The engine was rebuilt before we purchased it in 2009 and had 30 hours. Its not been needed much other than entering and exiting harbors, with an occasional motor sail due to weather conditions. The generator has a new (rebuilt) engine. The Hood Stoway furling main is original Pearson equipment. The reduction gear box was rebuilt in 2020 and the manual back up gear box recently replaced. Sail inventory includes a Yankee jib, stay sail, mizzen, mizzen stay sail and spinnaker.
SKIPPING STONE is US documented and all paperwork is current and up to date.
Curtis Stokes & Associates is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by United Yacht Sales. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey direct representation of a particular vessel
LOA: 53' 0" (16.15 Meters)
Type: Sail - Used
Beam: 15' 0"
Bridge Clearance: ' "
Draft Max: 10' 0"
Draft Min: 6' 0"
Maximum Speed: Knots
Cruise Speed: Knots
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Fuel Tank: 170 Gallons (643.52 Liters)
Fresh Water: 300 Gallons (1135.62 Liters)
Holding Tank: 40 Gallons (151.42 Liters)
Full DetailsView Full Details
The main salon has a traditional Nav Station on port with remote metering for, windgen, battery monitoring, charging and solar panels. There is a settee on port. Then two steps down into the passageway leading to the two forward staterooms and the forward head. In the bow is a V-Berth with filler to make an ample double berth. Just aft is the guest stateroom with over/under single berths.
On the starboard side of the salon is a huge dining table with ample seating for six+ on an L-Shaped settee. Continuing aft, you enter the starboard side galley featuring 110V Refrigeration, (Seafrost, new-ish compressor), copper lines, RFD, expansion valves, insulation and fiberglass bottom recently added to boxes. There is a newly installed 4-Burner gas stove with 2 sniffers, new gas lines and a new solenoid. Also there is a microwave, double sink and plenty of counter space to cook for charter or personal guests.
The 530 Pearson features large mid ship cockpit that seat six+ with all lines leading to the cockpit. "Skipping Stone" has wide side decks, a cambered foredeck and an aft deck with a hatch to the lazarette. There is a deck plate for the emergency tiller, stowed in the huge cockpit locker. The cockpit is protected by a good dodger and bimini. The guests and helmsman rarely get wet.
The spacious, sunny, main salon has a minimum of 6'4" headroom, and is lit by seven ports and two large overhead hatches. The interior is all wood and every bit of it is built by hand, the woods carefully chosen for the beauty of their grain.
- Nav station
- Dining table
- L-Shaped settee
- Straight settee
- Teak and Holly sole
- Main Salon AC working
- 4-Burner propane cook top
- Microwave oven
- 110V Refrigeration with top access
- Ample storage
- Main Electrical Panel
- Access to the WALK-IN ENGINE ROOM
- Propane lines newly installed and wired (2020)
- Standard sized center line queen bed
- En-Suite head with separate shower stall
- Ample storage
- Access to steering quadrant
- Access to main engine transmission and stuffing box
- Full length mirror
- Tattletale Garmin GPS
- Electric head
- Adjustable whisker pole
- Lofrans Falcon windlass (2013)
- Primary anchor is 88 lb. Rocha
- 200’ 1/2” BBB chain
- Secondary anchor is X55 Fortress
- 285’ Braided nylon with 30’ chain
- Danforth anchor-lunch hook
- New anchor roller with spare
- New snub line
- Ample chafe gear
- 500 lb. Capacity davits
- Cockpit table
- Custom Starboard companionway door…hatch boards are stowed
- Eyebrows on almost all opening portholes
- New (added) porthole aft cabin
- New Dry Deck cockpit
- Upholstered cockpit cushions
- New backstay 2020
- New headstay 2014
- New jib halyard and sheave-dyneema 2020
- New forward lower mizzen stays
- New ¾” jib sheets
- Hood Stowaway in-mast furling main sail 2015
- Electric and/or manual operation
- Yankee jib
- Lightly used staysail
- Spinnaker pole
- Adjustable whisker pole
- Mizzen staysail
- Electric jib winches (Lewmar ST65)
- Simrad/Robertson Autopilot. New B&G rotary drive motor new in 2016. Old drive motor stowed, needs refurbishment. Autopilot is direct drive and can act at emergency steering. Spare head and computer available. Spare bronze drive cogs for quadrant.
Electronics and Helm:
- Icom VHF radio
- SSB and Antenna tuner w/o antenna
- Raymarine ST-60 wind, depth, boat speed indicators
- New spare ST-60 wind masthead transducer
- Alden weather fax
- Garmin3206 GPS/aft cabin repeater
- Handheld VHF
- Simrad/Robertson Autopilot
- Furuno radar at nav station
- Garmin GPS MAP Chartplotter 3210 with radar overlay and chips
- Sterling Pro (New, 2020) 40 Amp Battery Charger with remote
- 80 Amp Battery Charger
- (2) 30 Amp shore power cable and adapters (including 220V 50 Amp to (2) 125V 30 Amp plugs)
- 50 Amp shore power cord and adapters
- 8KW Onan generator with new 2018 rebuilt motor and refurbished generator end, about 1,000 hours on it
- New muffler and heat exchanger on generator 2020
- More than ample spares for most equipment on the boat. Too much to list. Everything from springs/pawls for winches to starter motors.
- Rutland 914i wind generator with remote display
- 20 Amp solar panels with mppt controller and remote display
- LED Running lights
- LED Steaming lights
- LED spreader lights
- Air conditioning…Main Salon working. Aft unit requires service. Forward unit likely requires replacement.
- 110V 35gph Water Maker (new HP Membrane possible needed, that's all)
- New 2018 Stainless Steel water heater
- Jabsco pressure water pump
- (3) 4D Batteries: House Bank New 2020, Engine Bank New 2018
Engine Details and Mechanical Equipment:
- 4.236 Perkins diesel engine - 1981
- Seacocks serviced and hoses replaced as necessary 2018
- Max prop…plus spare 2-Blade
- Manual Raritan head forward
- Electric Jabsco head aft
- Velvet Drive Transmission
SKIPPING STONE is a beautiful, well equipped and loved performance cruiser. The owners have encountered some health issues and have decided to offer her for sale. We understand that travel is an issue and are considering moving SKIPPING STONE to the states. Please call to discuss your needs and how SKIPPING STONE may fit in your future.
Engine and generator hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.
- Engine Make: Perkins
- Engine Model: 4.236
- Engine Year: 1981
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Drive Type: Direct
- Power HP: 86.00
- Fuel Type: Diesel
- Hours: 3000.00
Click any image to view enlarged version. Swipe enlarged image to see additional enlarged images.
Want more information about this yacht?
Curtis Stokes & Associates
Curtis Stokes and Associates, Inc. is a yacht brokerage firm consisting of nine offices and fifty brokers throughout the United States offering worldwide marketing, buyer brokerage services and yacht charters. We also specialize in marketing and selling Great Loop capable yachts and boats.