48' (14.63m) 48 LRC - Kokomo
Classic 1979 48' Hatteras LRC in very nice condition. Stabilized and a bowthruster. Great Loop capable. Proven extensive bluewater cruiser.
- Fort Pierce Florida United States
- 48 LRC
- Fiberglass Hull
Kokomo is a classic, stabilized 1979 48' Hatteras LRC in very nice condition. She offers a full-beam amidships master stateroom, ensuite head for each stateroom, updated interior, fuel efficient 112 hp main engines, 2 generators, Magnum inverter/charger. AIS and bowthruster. Her sellers spent extensive time cruising the Caribbean, so she is set up for long range and remote cruising. Sellers have completed their cruising plans, so Kokomo is now offered for sale. With her hinged mast, Kokomo has an attainable height of 15'6", so she is a perfect Great Loop candidate also.
Press & Media
LOA: 48' " (14.63 Meters)
Type: Power - Used
Beam: 16' 5"
Bridge Clearance: 15' 6"
Draft Max: 4' 10"
Draft Min: 4' 10"
Single Berths: 1
Double Berths: 1
Queen Berths: 1
Full Beam Master: Yes
Maximum Speed: 8 Knots
Cruise Speed: 6 Knots
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Fuel Tank: 1370 Gallons (5186.01 Liters)
Fresh Water: 430 Gallons (1627.73 Liters)
Holding Tank: 70 Gallons (264.98 Liters)
Full DetailsView Full Details
48' Hatteras Vessel Walkthrough
From the swimplatform, you enter the cockpit through the transom gate. You then enter the salon through a sliding door. Once inside the salon, you will find a storage/entertainment cabinet starboard aft, L-shaped sofa and folding hi/lo table to port, galley port forward and storage cabinetry starboard forward. Step up into the raised pilothouse and you will find a berth and settee aft, side deck access doors on each side, full helm forward and steps to the staterooms starboard forward. Engine room access is via the lazarrette or a salon sole hatch.
The headroom in the salon is 6'6", 6'3" in the master stateroom, 6'7" in the master stateroom shower, 6'6" in the guest stateroom, 6'2" in the guest shower, 6'7" in the pilothouse, 6'6" on the flybridge, 7'3" on the aftdeck. The master stateroom berth is 6'7" long and the guest berths are 7' long.
The height from the waterline to the top of the bimini is 18'6" and 15'6" to the top of the flybridge windscreen, which is the lowest attainable height.
48' Hatteras Accommodations
Kokomo offers a full-beam master stateroom amidships with a queen size berth and ensuite head with tub/shower and a guest stateroom forward with a v-berth and ensuite head with enclosed shower. There is also a single berth above and aft of the pilothouse settee. The settee also converts to a double size berth.
48' Hatteras Salon
The salon offers an L-shaped sofa and folding, hi/lo table to port, storage/entertainment cabinetry starboard aft, storage cabinetry starboard forward, bookshelf, carpet (2017), opening side and aft windows with screens and blinds, sliding aft door to the aftdeck, fans and reading lights.
48' Hatteras Galley
The galley is located port forward in the salon.
- Full size Frigidaire refrigerator/freezer with icemaker (2014)
- Danby freezer (2018)
- GE Profile convection/microwave oven (2020)
- Black & Decker toaster oven (2016)
- True 3-burner induction cooktop (2016)
- Corian countertop with large molded-in sink
- Watermaker supplied water in separate faucet at the sink
- Wine glass rack
- Spice rack
- Storage cabinets and drawers
- Vinyl teak & holly sole (2014)
48' Hatteras Dining
Dining space is available at the salon hi/lo table, the pilothouse settee and the sundeck folding table.
48' Hatteras Master Stateroom
The full beam master stateroom is amidships and offers a queen size berth, 2 large portlights with blinds, nightstands, reading lights, shelves, 2 hanging lockers, storage drawers, mirrors, fans, carpet (2017) and an ensuite head with a tub/shower.
48' Hatteras Guest Stateroom
The guest stateroom forward offers a v-berth, 2 portlights, overhead hatch with a screen, Toshiba flat screen TV, carpet, reading lights, full-length mirror, benchseat, storage drawers, hanging locker, anchor chain locker access and an ensuite head with enclosed shower.
48' Hatteras Laundry
- Splendide 2100XC washer/dryer (2018)
48' Hatteras Raised Pilothouse
The raised pilothouse offers a single berth aft, wrap-around settee, which converts to a double size berth, teak sole (Stripped and varnished in 2014), full helm forward, side deck access doors with screens (2014), opening side and aft windows with screens and blinds, storage cabinets and stairs starboard forward to the staterooms.
48' Hatteras Flybridge
The flybridge offers a bimini, non-skid deck, helm/storage forward, 2 Todd helmseats (2018), custom folding chart table and a benchseat with storage aft.
48' Hatteras Sundeck
The sundeck offers a bimini (2018), hinged mast, 2 deck storage boxes, 4 deck chairs, folding table, non-skid deck, access to both side decks, a hatch to the cockpit, ladder to the cockpit and tender storage aft.
48' Hatteras Aftdeck
The cockpit offers a non-skid deck, transom gate to the fiberglass swimplatform, 3 rod holders, rod storage, line holders, 2 teak deck chairs, sun shades, sliding door to the salon, stainless steel & teak ladder to the flybridge and lazarette and engine room access.
48' Hatteras Audio/Visual Equipment
- Samsung flat screen TV in the salon (2015)
- Sony DVP-SR210P DVD player in the salon (2016)
- Pioneer DEH-21001B stereo/CD/MP3 player in the salon
- Toshiba flat screen TV in the guest stateroom (2015)
- New interior and exterior speakers in 2018
48' Hatteras Electronics
- Furuno Radar
- Vesper Marine AIS
- Raymarine C120 multi-function display on the flybridge
- Furuno Navnet vx2 multi-function display on the flybridge and at the lower helm
- Electronic charts for US, Bahamas & The Caribbean
- Furuno Navpilot autopilot at the lower helm
- Furuno RD-30 depth sounder at the lower helm
- Garmin GPSMap 276C GPS at the lower helm
- Danforth Constellation magnetic compass on the flybridge
- Ritchie magnetic compass at the lower helm
- Icom IC-M506 VHF on the flybridge
- Furuno VHF on the flybridge and at the lower helm
- Standard Horizon Eclipse + VHF at the lower helm
- Newmar Phone-Com intercom system
- Weems & Plath barometer at the lower helm
- NMEA 2000 background integration at both helms
- Actisense controllers connecting PC to Furuno multi-functions displays
- Wifi, Redport WiFi extender, Pepwave router (2018)
48' Hatteras Electrical System
- MasPower MP16M 16 kW generator with approximately 3,964 hours
- Northern Lights PXG303 8 kW generator with approximately 5,205 hours
- Magnum MagnaSine 2812 2800 watt inverter/charger with remote panel (2021)
- New wiring from inverter to electrical panel in 2015
- Xantrex Link 2000 remote panel
- Mastervolt Chargemaster 24/40-3 battery charger
- Iota DLS-90/IQ4 battery charger
- 50 amp shore cord
- Shore power connections fore and aft
- Delco Remy 75 amp alternator
- 140 amp alternator
- Balmar multi-stage voltage regulator (2015)
- Balmar Smartgauge battery management system
- 12vdc outlets at the lower helm and on the flybridge (2018)
- 110vac outlet at the lower helm and on the flybridge
- Guest battery switches
48' Hatteras Engine/Mechanical Equipment
- Twin Detroit Diesel 4-53 112 hp main engines with approximately 7,395 hours (Clean oil analysis reports available)
- Velvet Drive gearboxes (Rebuilt)
- Morse engine controls
- Glendinning engine synchronizer
- PSS dripless shaft seals
- Groco ARG-1500-S sea strainers
- Veratron rudder angle indicator (2022)
- VDO gauges
- Hynautic hydraulic steering system (Steering rams rebuilt in 2015)
- Fuel manifold
- Dual Racor 75900MAX fuel filters with vacuum gauge for each main engine
- Racor 900FF fuel filter with vacuum gauge for each generator
- Racor 500FGSS fuel filter and Algae X magnetic fuel conditioner and Groco fuel transfer pump for fuel polishing
- Reverso oil change system
- Naiad stabilizer system (New 6' fins installed in 2015)
- Sidepower 12 hp, 24vdc bowthruster
- Cruisair reverse cycle air conditioning/heating system (4 units)
- Honeywell electric heating system
- Offshore Labs 40 gph watermaker (New pumps in 2018 and new membranes in 2020)
- Dirt Devil central vacuum system
- Raritan Atlantes Freedom electric heads (2016)
- Raritan Electro-Scan blackwater treatment system (2018)
- Hart Systems Tank Tender tank level monitor system
48' Hatteras Deck Equipment
- Maxwell 3500 anchor windlass with foot controls and remotes at each helm (2015)
- Bruce 115 lb anchor with 200' 3/8" anchor chain (Additional 250' 1/2" nylon rode available)
- Danforth anchor
- Stainless steel anchor roller
- Stainless steel deck hardware
- Stainless steel pulpit rails
- Stainless steel fender racks on the foredeck and sundeck
- Teak cap rail on stainless steel stanchions with single lifeline on each side (Teak stripped and refinished in 2021)
- Non-skid decks
- 2 X foredeck storage boxes
- Foredeck seating/storage (New cushions in 2014)
- Windscreen cover
- Boarding gates on each side
- Marquipt gangway and boarding ladder and Taylor Made 4-step dock steps
- Fresh water washdown
- Dock water connection
- Mast spreader lights
- Molded-in steps on each side deck to the flybridge
- Fiberglass swimplatform (Rebuilt in 2021)
- Stainless steel swim ladder (2015)
- Rod holders
48' Hatteras Tender
- 2018 11' Bluewater Baby tender with a Raymarine Dragon Fly-4 chart plotter, 2 X USB ports and a stainless steel swim ladder
- Suzuki DF25A 25 HP outboard
- Quick Lift 1,000 LB tender davit (Warranty still active)
48' Hatteras Safety and Fire Protection
- Kidde Halon 1301 engine room fire suppression system (Out of date)
- Fire extinguishers
- First Alert smoke detector
- Carbon monoxide alarm
- Jabsco searchlight
- Buell horns
- 2 X Liferings
- ACR GlobalFix v4 EPIRB
- Viking Rescyou 4 person liferaft (2019)
- Ultra Safety Systems bilge high water alarm (2017)
- Engine emergency shut down system
- Fortress security alarm system
48' Hatteras Exclusions
- Sellers' personal belongings
- NUC Intel computer
- Fishing rods
48' Hatteras Disclaimer
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
- Engine Make: Detroit Diesel
- Engine Model: 4-53N
- Engine Year:
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Drive Type: Direct
- Power HP: 112.00
- Fuel Type: Diesel
- Hours: 7346.00
- Engine Make: Detroit Diesel
- Engine Model: 4-53N
- Engine Year:
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Drive Type: Direct
- Power HP: 112.00
- Fuel Type: Diesel
- Hours: 7395.00
Click any image to view enlarged version. Swipe enlarged image to see additional enlarged images.
Video of Hatteras 48 LRC "Kokomo"
3D Tours: 48' Hatteras LRC Kokomo
Want more information about this yacht?
Curtis Stokes was born in Lewes, Delaware and grew up in nearby Rehoboth Beach, Delaware and St. Michael’s, MD until he moved to Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Curtis grew up on the water and around boats through many years of fishing and hunting with his father and brothers throughout the Mid-Atlantic area. Curtis also spent countless hours fishing the East Coast and Bahamas on several well-known sportfishing boats.See the Fort Lauderdale, Florida Office page.
While attending Washington College, in Chestertown, Maryland, Curtis decided to obtain his real estate license and joined his father’s real estate firm, Anderson-Stokes Realtors. Curtis became president of the firm after his father’s death and led the company through its expansion to 20 offices and expanded the publicly traded company into insurance, advertising and development. The company was sold and Curtis decided to pursue his real love of the water and made yachting his career.
Curtis’ yachting career includes everything from a 75′ Trumpy to a 180′ Feadship. He has been associated with and enjoyed worldwide cruising on such well known vessels as EXCELLENCE, FIFFANELLA, OUR TOY, MOECCA, RENEGADE, KISSES and HUNTRESS. Curtis also gained experience as sales manager at Hatteras Yachts, in New Bern, NC, where he helped develop and sell new models and train and coordinate his dealer network. Curtis left Hatteras Yachts after Brunswick Corp. bought the company to pursue his ultimate goal of being an independent yacht broker. Curtis now enjoys working as a team with his wife, Gill, associated with Curtis Stokes and Associates based in Fort Lauderdale, FL.
Curtis previously held a USCG 3000 ton Master license and a PADI Divemaster certificate. He is also a former Emergency Medical Technician, firefighter and CPR instructor. Curtis is an active member of the Professional Yachtsmen’s Association, Superyacht Society, Coastal Conservation Association, Billfish Foundation, International Gamefish Association, and Duck’s Unlimited.
Curtis earned the Certified Professional Yacht Broker (CPYB) designation and is a member of the Florida Yacht Broker Association, Northwest Yacht Broker Association and the Yacht Broker Association of America.
My honest approach to the “business” side of yachting sets me apart from other brokers. Please feel free to CONTACT ME at Curtis Stokes and Associates and start that relationship of quality service, advice, and support, which will continue long after buying or selling your yacht.
Curtis Stokes can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or Cel (954) 684-0218.
Curtis Stokes & Associates
Curtis Stokes & Associates are headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. The Fort Lauderdale office is run by president and yacht broker Curtis Stokes, a long time resident of Fort Lauderdale and a well known broker for many years in the South Florida area.
Fort Lauderdale is on the southeastern coast close to the Florida Keys, Bahamas and the Caribbean. Fort Lauderdale is known as a crossroads of yachting and is home to 165 miles of water ways and many marinas providing ample dockage for yachts. The Fort Lauderdale Boat Show every fall is the world’s largest attracting a world wide clientele.