42' (13.08m) First 42 - Starsh
- Warwick Rhode Island United States
- First 42
- Fiberglass Hull
Starsh is a must see First 42. She has been completely upgraded in 2020, interior and exterior, including her new, striking blue topside paint job. She features 2 private cabins, 2 heads, a practical salon with port and starboard settees with outboard pilot berths, a center line ships table, a full galley to port and the navigation station to starboard. She is very clean with teak and holly sole and teak furnishings throughout.
She has been lovingly maintained and in recent years was primarily used for day sailing in Narragansett Bay, but is well equipped to be a blue water performance cruiser. She has been extensively upgraded in recent years with new sails (Thurston Main and 135% jib in 2020), new electronics (Garmin 1242 touch screen Radar/GPS/Chart, Autopilot and wind/speed), new interior cushions, new dodger and bimini, new AGM batteries, fully rebuilt Perkins engine, and a custom winter cover.
Starsh is easily single handled with all lines leading aft, an electric halyard winch, Dutchman mainsail system, electric windlass, Autopilot and excellent electronics. She is turn key, completely equipped and ready to cruise. Why buy new?
Be sure to ask the listing broker about how new customers can qualify for a one year 50% discount for slip and storage at an upscale Rhode Island marina...also keep in mind there is no sales tax on vessels berthed in RI.
Curtis Stokes & Associates is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by Brewer Yacht Sales. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey direct representation of a particular vessel
LOA: 42' 11" (13.08 Meters)
Type: Sail - Used
Beam: 13' 1"
Bridge Clearance: ' "
Draft Max: 7' 3"
Draft Min: 7' 3"
Maximum Speed: Knots
Cruise Speed: Knots
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Fuel Tank: Gallons ( Liters)
Fresh Water: Gallons ( Liters)
Holding Tank: Gallons ( Liters)
Full DetailsView Full Details
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- New dark blue awlgrip paint (2020).
- Single skin GRP hull.
- Fiberglass deck with nonskid side decks and teak seating areas.
- Aluminum bolted toe rail.
Keel & Rudder:
- Fin keel (lead).
- Spade rudder.
- Wheel steering.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- Perkins 4108 (50hp).
- Engine fully rebuilt (2012).
Propulsion & Steering:
- Dripless shaft seal.
- Feathering 2-blade maxprop.
- Wheel steering.
- electrical panel replaced and upgraded with circuit breakers.
- 2 x 12v outlets at chart table
- 4 x House batteries. 1 x Starter. All replaced 2017.
- 30 Amp 110v shore power with outlets inside.
- Xantrex Inverter.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Pressurised hot and cold.
- Hot water tank heated by engine and shorepower.
- Automatic bilge pump.
- Manual bilge pump.
Total capacity of 149 litres (39.6 US Gallons) - Aluminum tank.
- Replaced fresh water tanks (one 90 US gallons, one 70 US gallons).
- Total capacity of 605 litres (160 US gallons).
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
- Custom hard plastic holding tanks. Odor free.
- Garmin 5208 touch screen chartplotter.
- Garmin HD digital Radar.
- Raymarine ST60 wind, speed, depth.
- Raymarine ST7000 Autopilot.
- Standard Horizon VHF.
- Rebuilt icebox with extra insulation.
- New galley faucet.
- Double stainless sinks.
- 2 x Burner propane stove with oven.
- Gas solenoid.
- 2 x Heads (Jabsco).
- LED masthead tri-color light.
Summary of Accommodation:
- Owners cabin forward with offset double bed and vanity seat.
- En-suite head with toilet, sink and hand held shower.
- Main saloon has settees port and starboard, with pilot berths outboard both sides.
- Next aft is the chart table to starboard and galley to port.
- Finally, there is a quarter berth cabin to port, and head to starboard.
- New cushions and foam. Dark green (2011).
- Interior re-varnished (2011).
- Two spreader aluminum mast and boom
- Harken Windward sheeting traveler.
- Carbon-fiber spinnaker pole.
- Replaced most running rigging.
- Replaced stays and shrouds.
- Upgraded halyard clutches.
- Self-tailing Lewmar primaries (upgraded).
- Self-tailing Lewmar cabin top winches (upgraded).
- Lewmar secondary winches.
- Dutchman main flaking.
- 135% Genoa.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Lewmar low-profile windlass.
- Spade anchor.
- 200’ new New England Ropes Mega-Plait rode.
- Custom Canvas winter cover and hardware in good condition.
- Sail cover.
- Fire extinguishers.
- Coastguard lifejackets (6).
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.
- Engine Make: Perkins
- Engine Model: 4-108
- Engine Year:
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Drive Type:
- Power HP: 50.00
- Fuel Type: Diesel
Click any image to view enlarged version. Swipe enlarged image to see additional enlarged images.
Want more information about this yacht?
Curtis Stokes & Associates
Curtis Stokes and Associates, Inc. is a yacht brokerage firm consisting of nine offices and fifty brokers throughout the United States offering worldwide marketing, buyer brokerage services and yacht charters. We also specialize in marketing and selling Great Loop capable yachts and boats.