46' (14.17m) 462 - ARGO
1983 Morgan 462 - Trans-Atlantic, Caribbean and US East Coast passages! US Flagged. Beautiful bluewater sailing yacht with gorgeous Interior teak fit & finish Morgan is known for.
- Mahon Spain
- Fiberglass Hull
1983 Morgan 462
European VAT & All Taxes Paid
Valuable Slip in Menorca, Balearic Islands Available to New Owner
New Listing--having made trans-Atlantic crossing twice, then shipped back to Spanish Balearic Islands. Mediterranean cruising again. Complete with full electronics including autopilot, radar, awi, depth and speed. Roller furling jib. Bimini and dodger. This is a long time knowledgeable owner yacht, maintained in yacht condition with equipment for offshore cruising and island hopping with complete autonomy and security. She is for sale as owner's cruising plans are complete.
"ARGO" has cruised the US East Coast, Caribbean Sea and the Spanish to North African Mediterranean coast for many years. She returned trans-Atlantic on her own bottom ten years ago for cruising in Florida and the Bahamas. Owner decided to ship back to Spain since his retirement. He leaves behind a large inventory of spare parts, filters and tools, so she is ready to continue cruising.
"ARGO" now lying Menorca after a sailing sabbatical to the Balearic Islands of Spain. She is US built, USA flagged, Europe VAT paid. Her slip is available to buyer. Her new owner will have a trans Med, trans Atlantic cruise ready yacht that is also a home away from home in the south of Europe. American or other buyer can purchase this yacht TAX PAID (a value of at least $40,000 and $40,000 transat shipping free) and keep US Flag and arrange for current slip in Menorca. Contact Listing Broker to arrange a showing.
Curtis Stokes & Associates is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by United Yacht Sales. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey direct representation of a particular vessel
LOA: 46' 6" (14.17 Meters)
Type: Sail - Used
Beam: 13' 6"
Bridge Clearance: 56' 6"
Draft Max: ' "
Draft Min: 5' 3"
Maximum Speed: Knots
Cruise Speed: 6.5 Knots
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Fuel Tank: 195 Gallons (738.15 Liters)
Fresh Water: 175 Gallons (662.45 Liters)
Holding Tank: Gallons ( Liters)
Full DetailsView Full Details
Accommodations, Furnishings and Layout:
Sleeps 10 in two double staterooms and passageway cabin; the dinette to starboard and settee/berth to port converts to double. The master stateroom is aft, featuring a queen berth with v-berth extensions for offshore crew, and en-suite head. The forward stateroom features v-berths with filler convertible to double berth. The interior reflects beautiful Teak trim and veneered bulkheads. The U-Shaped galley puts the chef always in the middle of entertaining or sailing. The owners' stateroom has the ensuite head forward with separate bath tub and shower. The large salon features U-Shaped dinette to starboard and settee to port. Navigation station is next to port with the galley across to starboard. The passageway cabin between main salon and aft cabin features upper and lower v-berths complete with lee cloths. There is a private door for aft cabin access. This cabins have good stowage and lockers. This boat has the beautiful Teak interior Morgan was known for.
- (9) Hatches over for good ventilation
- All hatches new SS Manship with smoke Lexan lenses
- Sony stereo with salon, master and cockpit speakers
- TV on main bulkhead
- All new varnished Teak and Holly cabin sole
- New upgraded and upsized main cabin stainless-steel portlights (opening ports)
- Fully air conditioned new units (2017)
Galley and Laundry:
Well laid out U-Shaped galley to starboard as you enter from the cockpit. Mika counters with storage lockers over with refrigerator and separate deep freezer, gas stove/oven, hot and cold pressure water, double SS sinks. The chef will enjoy great access to crew in salon or cockpit while cooking with plenty of light and fresh air.
- Eno 2-Burner LPG stove with oven (New 2016)
- LPG system all new with dual 11 lb. fbg tanks and selector
- Microwave oven
- Grunert 120V main refrigerator with holding plate
- 12V aux refrigerator/freezer box in main refrigerator
- Grunert 120V separate freezer with 2 holding plates
- Isotherm SS hot water heater with electric and engine heat exchanger (New)
Electronics and Navigation Equipment:
- Standard Horizon GX2150 Matrix VHF radiotelephone with AIS
- Standard Horizon Command mike at helm
- SEA HF/SSB radio telephone
- Raymarine autopilot--new 2020, with Cetrek backup
- Danforth Constellation magnetic compass
- Raymarine ST60 Depth
- Raymarine ST60 Speed
- Raymarine ST60 AWI
- Raymarine data repeater at nav station (New)
- Sitex T-180 radar, ant mount on mizzen
- Raymarine Hybrid Touch chartplotter in cockpit (New)
- ACR Globalfix EPIRB
- Sony CD/radio/MP3 player
- Cabin and cockpit speakers
Deck Equipment and Hull:
Anchors (3); one 66 lb. Bruce type with 200 ft. 5/16 chain rode, one SS CQR 60 lb. with chain and rope rode bowerers, one Danforth stern anchor with rope and chain rode, SS stanchions with double lifelines, gates Port and Starboard, SS destroyer wheel, emergency tiller, white hull, walk around sidedecks, fenders and docklines, US Coast Guard safety package, life jackets, horseshoe life ring, swim ladder, navigation, cockpit, and deck lights, Long fin keel and skeg hung rudder. Topsides polyurethane painted 2014 at local boatyard in good condition and decks freshly painted this year.
- Double anchor rollers
- Dodger and bimini
- Quick HP electric windlass
- 6-Man offshore liferaft
- Teak cockpit dining table with drink holder
- Cockpit cushions
- Teak grate cockpit sole
- Vetus bow thruster
- MOB pole, inflatable with stobe light
- Jackline and offshore harnesses
- Custom deck awnings fore and aft
- Hot and cold water swim shower
- Offshore rods and reels included with yacht
Sails and Rigging:
Cruise equipped ketch rig with SS wire standing rigging and aluminum mast stepped on keel with fore and aft lowers, single speaders, battened mainsail, dacron roller furling jib, 7 Lewmar winches.
- Battened mainsail
- 2nd usable mainsail and 2nd jib
- Battened mizzen sail and spare
- Mainsheet traveller
- RF jib
- RF genoa 130% approx
- Cruising spinnaker
- Furlex roller furling headstay
- Multi tackle mainsheet and mizzen sheet
- Preventer tackle main and mizzen
- Winches: Lewmar #48 3spd primary x 2
- Lemar secondaries x 5
- Rope clutches Port and Starboard on main mast
- Genoa track Port and Starboard
- I=50.75 J=18.75 P=43.25 E=13.00 PY=26.5 EY=9.00
- Rated sail area 876 ft./sq.
12-Volt DC system with house and start batteries, 12-volt circuit panel with voltmeter, ammeter; 120/240-volt AC system with circuit breaker panel, voltmeter and shore power cables, 40A converter, batteries, large house bank and start bank. Main engine alternator with charge distributor. With her power transformers, she can connect to any shorepower world wide.
- (3) 30A shorepower with 3 cableNorthern Lights 5kw generator 9 hours (New 2015)
- Xantrex 40A converter, universal voltage: 100-250V
- (4) 4D batteries new last year:
- (2) 180AH house battery
- (1) 180AH bow thruster battery
- (1) Isolated start battery
- Xantrex Truecharge 40A converter
- Xantrex Freedom 25 130A converter and automatic 2500w inverter (universal
- Air Marine wind generator on mizzen mast
- High output alternator with charge distributor
Mechanical Equipment and Engine Details:
65-hp Perkins 4.154 diesel engine with shaft drive, 4,000 hours estimated, fresh water cooling, bronze wheel, raw water sea strainer and engine shut off; manual and automatic bilge pumps; manual fire extinguishers; propane solenoid switch; marine heads with holding tank, hydraulic steering, destroyer wheel. Minor engine overhaul 2017 prior to transat including fuel injectors cleaned, compression checked, new fuel pump.
- 3-Blade fixed bronze wheel
- Spare propeller
- Owner reports 6.5 kts at 2400rpm
- Vetus bow thruster
- Both electric heads with overboard and holding tank
- 16,000 BTU Air-Conditioning (New 2017)
- Village Marine Tech 150gpd 12V RO watermaker (recent overhaul)
- LPG system all new with dual 11 lb. fbg tanks and selector
Reserved, Available For Sale Separately
- Autohelm Self Steering Wind Vane
- Solo mast climbing tackle
- Satellite telephone
- Custom passarelle
- RIB 10 ft. aluminum bottom (NEW)
- OB motor, new 15hp
- Bulkhead Hung Artwork
Engine and generator hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.
- Engine Make: Perkins
- Engine Model: 4.154
- Engine Year:
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Drive Type: Direct
- Power HP: 65.00
- Fuel Type: Diesel
Click any image to view enlarged version. Swipe enlarged image to see additional enlarged images.
Want more information about this yacht?
Curtis Stokes & Associates
Curtis Stokes and Associates, Inc. is a yacht brokerage firm consisting of nine offices and fifty brokers throughout the United States offering worldwide marketing, buyer brokerage services and yacht charters. We also specialize in marketing and selling Great Loop capable yachts and boats.