37' (11.28m) 37' Catboat - FELIX
Felix Cat is now for sale!
- Oriental North Carolina United States
- 37' Catboat
- Composite Hull
Felix is a custom 37 foot Epoxy-composite catboat. She is based on the designs of early 1900's Barnegat Bay Catboats. But Felix is far from traditional in form and function. She is the largest Catboat known on the East coast and the builder has included some very high-tech design elements like solid Ash & Cedar Composite Hull, Carbon Fiber Rudder, Marconi rig with carbon fiber spars, Technora laminated main & Jib and a hydraulic propulsion system that raises into the hull when not in use. Her very wide 14' beam enables Felix to carry a tall 1000 sq ft sail plan and no ballast while displacing only 8,500 lbs! Felix is an absolute thrill to sail! This combination of stability, speed and comfort is unmatched even by much larger vessels.
Felix is powered by a S3-L to Westerbeke diesel generator which runs the AC components, charges the DC batteries and also powers the hydraulics. She is fitted with Garmin chartplotter, West Marine VHF, hot-cold pressure water, Raritan "Electrosan" with Lavac head & Shower, HVAC system and other modern amenities in a comfortable cabin. Felix has just returned from her 2022 refit including all new paint inside and out. She is ready to go and available to see by appointment in Oriental NC. Please see all the details including inventory list, photos, video and 360 photos in the full listing below, and check out the great article on Towndocks.net linked below.
Press & Media
LOA: 37' " (11.28 Meters)
Type: Sail - Used
Beam: 14' "
Bridge Clearance: ' "
Draft Max: 10' "
Draft Min: 3' "
Double Berths: 2
Maximum Speed: Knots
Cruise Speed: Knots
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: Composite
Fuel Tank: Gallons ( Liters)
Fresh Water: Gallons ( Liters)
Holding Tank: Gallons ( Liters)
Full DetailsView Full Details
Felix Main-Cabin, Galley, Salon & Head
- Force 10 Ceramic, Glass Range with oven and 3 burner stove-top
- Large stainless steel basin & faucet with hot/cold pressure water
- Ample storage and counterspace
- Shurflow Aqua-King 3GPM fresh water pump
- ISOTEMP stainless steel water heater
- ISOTHERM Refrigeration
- Cruise-Air central HVAC system
- Teak & Holly vinier cabin sole
- Convertible settee/single birth port & starboard
- 5 stainless steel opening ports
- 1 large hatch forward & 2 Companionway hatches aft
- Cubby forward for storge or child's birth
- Weems & Plath Barometer
- Lavac, vacuum head
- Electro-San sanitation device
- Stainless steel basin with faucet and Hot/Cold pressure water
- Ample storage and counter space
- 1 Stainless steel opening port and large companionway to the Cockpit
Felix Electrical & Mechanical Equipment
- Westerbeke 8kw diesel gen-set/hydraulic PTO
- Murphy Engine gauges
- Raising/Lowering hydraulic drive unit
- 2 West Marine 6v house batteries, 230 Amp. Hr. model15020340
- 1 West Marine 12v starting battery
- Pro Mariner ProNautic 12/50 Battery charger
- 30 Amp Smart Plug shorepower receptical
- Blue Sea AC and DC distribution panels with guages
- "Arid Dry" Bilge system that incorporates delay relays & remote bilge pumps and all areas of the bilge very dry.
- 2 PAR "Pony Pump" remote bilge pumps
- Cruisair STX12-410A 12,000 BTU HVAC System with "SmartStart" Soft starter by Dometic
- Raritan Electro-San waste treatment system with Lavac marine head
Felix Decks, Rigging & Navigation
- The decks are comprised of 3/4" plywood sheathed in fiberglass
- 1X19 rigging with Hi-Mod terminals, secured to vessel with stainless steel chainplates and stem-fitting
- Custom carbon-fiber Mast & Boom with 1 Harken& 2 Lewmar winches
- Garhauer ridgid boom vang
- Harken BattCar system
- Harken mainsheet & Traveler with Lewmar self-tailing winch
- Schafer Jib cars, 2ea Lewmar self-tailing winches
- Doyle 700 sq ft Technora laminated mainsail & 300 sq ft jib, Asymmetric spinnaker
- Edson radial drive cable steering with Edson pedestal compass and electronics mount
- Garmin GPS 7405 Chart-Plotter
- West Marine VHF
- LED Running lights
- Adequate fenders, dock-lines & required safety equipment
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.
Click any image to view enlarged version. Swipe enlarged image to see additional enlarged images.
"Felix" 37 Catboat Walk-through
Felix 360 photos
Want more information about this yacht?
For over 30 years Lars has been working with and sailing on a wide variety of sail, power and commercial vessels. He hopes to put this experience to use by helping to take the hassle out of purchasing or selling your next vessel.Lars started sailing with his father on the Chesapeake Bay and small ponds around Seaford, Delaware. After serving in the National Guard he traveled extensively with his brother, Carl, on their 28’ sloop and began restoring boats and working in boatyards around the Florida Keys. He provided everything from bottom paint and repairs to high-tech marine topside coatings, electrical wiring and sailboat rigging. During this time, he also crewed and skippered on many vessels including a trans-Atlantic voyage in 1992, and as 1st Mate for a year aboard the 79′ day charter schooner “Jolly Rover’ in Lewes, DE and St. Pete Beach, FL.
Always fascinated by the art of sail making, Lars accepted an internship at Quantum Sails in Marathon, FL where he learned about traditional handwork, high tech sail cloth, sail shape and yacht racing. Sail making led to canvas work and eventually to Fountain Power Boats where he supervised the design and construction of exterior canvas products. Then on to West Palm Beach, he worked on various yacht canvas projects before settling in Wilmington, NC to start his own sail loft/canvas shop. Lars and his wife, Carrie operated the store for 6 years.
After 20 years in sails and canvas, it was time for something new. In 2016 Lars and Carrie closed their business to pursue a carreer in yacht sales. They sold their house and moved aboard their 43’ Gulfstar with their three daughters. Lars has recently completed training to become a certified yacht broker and is ready to work with you. Whether buying, selling or trading your power or sailing vessel, Lars is committed to providing you the best possible experience.
Reach Lars by phone at 910-899-7941 or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.