27' (8.23m) 270 - Zenith
Well-maintained wing keel boat with a shoal draft of 3.5 ft. This 27ft long vessel effortlessly combines performance and comfort, ensuring an exceptional sailing experience. Upgraded blocks, mast, running, and standing rigging enhance its capabilities. Conveniently located at Lake Ray Hubbard Dalla
- Dallas Texas United States
- Fiberglass Hull
The Catalina 270 was designed to provide rewarding performance and comfortable accommodations for the active sailing enthusiast. Both goals are accomplished through the selection of a stable hull form with a generous beam and fine entry forward. This approach delivers a hull that is wide at the sheer for maximum deck space, reserve buoyancy, and good performance to weather.
Keel: The elliptical wing keel (Shoal Draft 3.5 ft) is matched with a balanced elliptical rudder to ensure predictable handling and a balanced helm in various conditions.
Rigging: Double spreaders rigging with fore and AFT lowers which make the mast very stable, and easy to set up and tune. This design provides the narrow shroud base necessary for proper genoa sheeting to weather.
Deck: Highlighted by a “big boat” cockpit with Catalina’s hallmark full-length cockpit seats with ergonomically contoured seat backs necessary for long-term comfort aboard.
Cabin: In the cabin, comfortable seating around the varnished teak table provides a great place for meals, relaxing, reading, or playing games.
Galley: Well-planned for the cook, With special attention given to usable storage, a large ice box, and a flip-up counter over the two-burner stove.
Head: The head is a single-piece molded unit that is easy to keep clean and fresh. In the sole is a standard shower pan.
Master Cabin: By night the AFT cabin is a private and comfortable retreat for two. The berth forward can be extended and enclosed for two. with the settees functioning well as single berths.
To provide more time for owners to enjoy sailing the 270, low-maintenance materials have been used on deck and mechanical systems have been designed for easy access for service. Quality materials and an engineered structural system carefully assembled promise the 270 to be durable, reliable, and a pleasure to own for many years to come.
Curtis Stokes & Associates is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by Murray Yacht Sales. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey direct representation of a particular vessel
LOA: 27' " (8.23 Meters)
Type: Sail - Used
Beam: 9' 3"
Bridge Clearance: ' "
Draft Max: 3' 6"
Draft Min: ' "
Double Berths: 1
Maximum Speed: Knots
Cruise Speed: Knots
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Fuel Tank: 14 Gallons (53 Liters)
Fresh Water: 24 Gallons (90.85 Liters)
Holding Tank: 18 Gallons (68.14 Liters)
Full DetailsView Full Details
- Layout: 2 cabins 1 head
- Master cabin: Stern cabin with privacy door and full-size bed
- Guest cabin: located in the bow of the boat, V-berth style
- Head: manual Toilet, sink, and shower
- The saloon includes a U-shaped settee area with storage
- Cushions: Microfiber blue color
- Hatches: 3 openings Lewmar
- Portlights: 4 fixed
- Cabin sole: Fiber and Teak wood
- Nav Station: Port side
- L-Shape galley with single sink and stove
- Refrigeration: Ice box with shelf
- Stove: Propane stove with 2 burners Hillertange
- Hot & cold pressurized water system
- Raymarine 3 pods Wind - Depth - Boat speed
- VHF: Standard Horizon Eclipse
- Compass: Yes
- Shore power: 120 volts 30 amp
- Battery charger: 10 amp
- Domestic & Engine Batteries 2022
- Bilge pump and Floater
- 9 Interior lights filament bulb
- 1 / 12 Volts outlet
SAILS & RIGGING
- Mast replace in 2021 by Vela Sailing Supply (Rockwall TX)
- Standing rigging replaced in 2021 by Vela Sailing Supply (Rockwall TX)
- Running rigging replaced in 2021 by Vela Sailing Supply (Rockwall TX)
- Main Sail replace 2021 by Bill Draheim Sails (Rockwall TX)
- Gennaker in good condition
- Head Sail 2020
- Original main sail in fair condition
- Gennaker in good condition
- Deck stepped mast
- Roller fulling
- Boom Vang replaced 2021
- Rope clutches: 5 Spinlock XAS
- Backstay fixed
- Traveler over companionway
DECK & HULL
- Hull color white
- Hull Compound and Waxed in 2021
- Deck color White
- Anchor: (2) one in the bow locker and one inside the stern locker
- Bimini blue color
- Hot and cold cockpit shower
- Navigation lights, anchor light, steaming
- Lifeline gates
- Emergency tiller
- Fenders and lines
- Swim platform with ladder
- Lockers located in port, starboard, and stern
- Hatch Boards replaced
- Rudder bearing inspected in 2021
- bottom paint in 2021
- Engine - Perkins, Model M-20 , HP:18 , Hours: 920
- Fluids changed - oil and filter 2022
- Impeller replaced in 2021
- Propeller: Bronze prop 2 blade
- Raymarine Electronics in 2020
- Standing Rigging 2021
- Running Rigging 2021
- Upgrade Mast block 2021
- Upgrade Mast 2021
INOPERABLE / IN NEED OF ATTENTION
The asking price accounts for the following systems that are inoperable or in need of attention:
- Aging cosmetic damage and decoloration on gel coat/deck
- Main Cover poor conditions
- The boat experienced dismasting in 2020 (Georgia) while on the slip during high winds. However, it has been repaired and a new mast and rigging have been installed.
- No water intrusion was found during the repair process.
- Documentation for the new mast is available upon request.
Engine and generator hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.
- Engine Make: Perkins
- Engine Model: M-20
- Engine Year:
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type: V
- Power HP: 24.14
- Fuel Type:
- Hours: 900.00
Click any image to view enlarged version. Swipe enlarged image to see additional enlarged images.
Want more information about this yacht?
Curtis Stokes & Associates
Curtis Stokes and Associates, Inc. is a yacht brokerage firm consisting of nine offices and fifty brokers throughout the United States offering worldwide marketing, buyer brokerage services and yacht charters. We also specialize in marketing and selling Great Loop capable yachts and boats.