40' (12.34m) 400 - Walk About
1996 Catalina 400
- Solomons Maryland United States
- Fiberglass Hull
"Walkabout" is a 1996 Catalina 400 with a massive aft Master Stateroom. Here are some highlights until we are able to complete the listing.
- Quantum Main sail 2016
- Quantum 135% Genoa 2016
- Asymmetrical spinnaker with pole
- Original sails available
- 2019 replaced hot water heater
- 2016 New VHF radio
- 3 blade Max feathering prop
- Standing rigging replaced in the winter of 20/21
- Reverse cycle air-conditioning and heat (Dometic)
Built in the the 2nd year of a production run of the most popular 40 foot sailboat ever designed...the Catalina 400 is an excellent price/value Features like a Solid Fiberglass Hull, shoal draft with Lead Keel, and Keel stepped mast ensure "good bones" in this stiff offshore sailing machine. You don't have to worry about a misaligned interior after an extended big water offshore passage. She's built to sail with confidence and safety.
She is located in Solomons, Md. Please contact the listing broker, Laird Larrimore, to make an appointment to see her.
Curtis Stokes & Associates is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by Brewer Yacht Sales. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey direct representation of a particular vessel
LOA: 40' 6" (12.34 Meters)
Type: Sail - Used
Beam: 13' 6"
Bridge Clearance: ' "
Draft Max: ' "
Draft Min: 5' 6"
Maximum Speed: Knots
Cruise Speed: Knots
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Fuel Tank: 35 Gallons (132.49 Liters)
Fresh Water: 116 Gallons (439.11 Liters)
Holding Tank: Gallons ( Liters)
Full DetailsView Full Details
"WalkAbout" has the preferred 2 head 2 stateroom layout with a huge centerline berth in the aft owner's cabin. Both fore and aft cabins feature an en-suite head and shower and lots of storage. The forward cabin with double berth, hatch above, hanging locker and seat for a private suite.
Next is the Main Salon. The salon has a U-shaped dinette to starboard with table that converts to a third queen sized bed. Opposite to port is the settee and Navigation station. Aft of the settee is the large master head with separate shower stall. This is a dual access head from the salon as well as the aft cabin. To starboard is the massive U-shaped galley. The Master cabin is all the way aft and supports a centerline queen berth, seats on either side of the berth, dual hanging lockers. There is an abundant amount of storage space throughout the vessel. Soft Sea Foam colored cushions and teak trim add to the comfort below.
- Plenty or counter and cabinet space for cruising;
- Princess 3 burner propane stove with oven
- double stainless steel sinks with hot and cold pressure water
- Dual access refrigeration via Adler Barbour cold plate
- Separate trash bin
- GE Microwave oven
- Spice rack
- Corian Counter tops
Hull and Deck
Solid single-piece FRP construction with externally attached lead wing keel followed by a spade rudder. The deck is also FRP construction with end grain balsa coring, except in areas of high loads/stress, where the deck is a solid laminate with backing plates for deck hardware, which is then either drilled and tapped or thru-bolted. The hull-to-deck joint is done with an internal hull flange and the deck is then thru-bolted with the joint being covered by a slotted aluminum toe rail. The chain plates are well inboard affording a tight sheeting angle to windward as well as making for uncluttered side decks.
- Lead Keel
- Shoal draft
- Large Aft Cockpit
- Twin Wheels
- Stainless steel bow and stern pulpits with side stanchions and double life line
- Stern pulpit seats
- Sugar scoop transom with access directly from the cockpit
- Swim/boarding ladder
- Double stainless steel bow roller
- Plow anchor with chain and rode
- Electric windlass with foot switches
- Dock lines
- Life sling
- Dual helms
- Cockpit table with drop leaves
- Cockpit cushions (stored in the V-berth)
Sails and Rigging
Her rig was taken down between 2020 and 2021 at which time the standing rigging was replaced.
- Aluminum spar stepped on the keel
- Double spreader rig
- All lines lead aft to cockpit
- Stackpack main with lazy jacks
- Schaefer roller Furling head sale
- 135% genoa
- Spinnaker pole mounted on deck
- #58 Lewmar self-tailing primary winches
- #40 Lewmar self-tailing halyard winches mounted on the cabin top aft
Mechanical and electrical
- (2) 4D House Batteries
- 110V shore power inlet with 30amp cord
- Mastervolt AGM Starter Battery 90ah (2018)
- Westerbeke 42b Diesel engine
- Racor Fuel Filter
- Dometic reverse cycle 16,000 btu air conditioning and heat
- Maxwell 800 Electric Windlass w/up and down foot controls
- Xantrex Truecharge 2 60 amp Battery charger
- Electric oil transfer pump
- Battery operated fuel transfer pump
- Bulkhead mounted Clock & Barometer
- Raytheon wind direction
- Raymarine Depth
- Autohelm ST6000 autopilot
- Garmin 441s map/chartplotter
- VHF radio (port wheel wired to VHF)
- Pioneer Am/FM/CD
- Magnavox DVD
- Insignia Flat screen TV
- Radar at nav station (Dome has been removed but may still work - Owner had no need for it in the Chesapeake Bay)
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.
- Engine Make: Westerbeke
- Engine Model:
- Engine Year:
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Drive Type: Direct
- Power HP: 0.00
- Fuel Type: Diesel
Click any image to view enlarged version. Swipe enlarged image to see additional enlarged images.
Want more information about this yacht?
Curtis Stokes & Associates
Curtis Stokes and Associates, Inc. is a yacht brokerage firm consisting of nine offices and fifty brokers throughout the United States offering worldwide marketing, buyer brokerage services and yacht charters. We also specialize in marketing and selling Great Loop capable yachts and boats.