40' (12.24m) 40.5 Legend -
The Hunter 40.5 was conceived as a comfortable cruiser and, as in all new Hunter boats, a tough competitor too! Warren Luhrs and the rest of the Hunter Design Team have taken special care to blend comfort, performance and short handed sailing capabilities all into one package.
- Houston Texas United States
- 40.5 Legend
- Fiberglass Hull
From a Bob Perry design review:
The Hunter's deck has nice, crisp lines. I think that hard, sharp lines should be used to draw out the shapes and add definition to the look; and the Hunter Legend 40.5 does this very well. The potpourri of window shapes and orientations is strictly Euro in origin and creates some aesthetic excitement. The moderately high freeboard of this design goes well with the short ends; the result being a businesslike look that, while perhaps not particularly pretty, may be called handsome.
Guest cabin forward with vee-berth, 2 hatches, cabin fan, reading lights, drawers, cubbies and a hanging locker, dressing seat and private ‘wet’ head with a Jabsco manual toilet, overhead hatch, sink and good storage to port.
Next aft is the salon with a large u-shaped dinette to port, table with storage and one foldable leaf, a straight settee opposite and two overhead hatches (table lowers for an extra berth.)
The forward facing nav station is to port with electrical panels, stereo, holding tank gauge, battery monitor, generator controls and more.
The port side L-shaped galley has double stainless steel sinks, a Princess 3 burner stove with oven, Tappan microwave, Adler-Barbour refrigerator (loads from top or front) and freezer (loads top only,) an overhead tableware rack, Corian countertops, under counter trash can, drawers and cabinets with good lighting and two opening ports for ventilation.
The aft head is at the ladder base to starboard and has an electric head, sink, good storage and a large shower area separated by a curtain.
The master cabin aft has a large athwartships berth two opening hatches and 4 opening ports, reading lights, cabin fan, separate 8000 Btu AC, 3 hanging lockers and lots of shelving.
- Air Conditioning: forward new 2010, aft new 2013
- Ports: 8
- Hatches: 7
- Fans: 2
- Cabin Sole: good condition
- Nav Station: forward facing
- Dinette Table: to port with foldable leaf
- Settee: to starboard
- Cushions: Green Leather
- Master Cabin: aft
- Guest Cabin: forward
- Head(s): 2 (manual forward, electric aft)
- Stove/Oven: Princess 3 burner propane
- Refrigeration: Adler Barbour top and front access
- Freezer: Adler Barbour top loading
- Microwave Oven: Tappan
- Sink: double deep stainless steel
- Water: 150 gals
- Water Heater:
- Counter Top: Corian
- Autopilot: Raymarine
- Speed/Depth: Raymarine
- Wind: Raymarine
- VHF: Standard Horizon
- Stereo: JVC
- TV: Vizio
- 12v system:
- 110v system:
- Battery Charger:
- Batteries: (4) x 6 volt 210 amp hour batteries, 2018
- Shore Power: Two 30 amp 110 volt shore power inlets with one circuit dedicated to AC
- Inverter: 1500 watts
- Generator: Northern Lights 6kw with 264 hours
- Interior Lights:
- Nav Lights:
SAILS & RIGGING
- Main: Mainsail on Dutchman with 2 reef points rigged for single line reefing
- Genoa: on below deck furler
- Mast: Z-Spar tapered aluminum mast with double aft swept spreaders, continuous wire shrouds and split backstay.
- Vang: soft
- Primary Winches: Lewmar 48ST
- Halyard Winches: one Lewmar 30ST and one ELECTRIC Lewmar 44ST
- Clutches: 8
- Traveler: forward of companionway
- Mast Height: 63’ 3”
DECK & HULL
The cockpit has stern rail seats, a full bimini top, windshield with roll-up center section and 2 viewing windows on stainless steel frame. Edson steering on Hunter built pedestal with Ritchie compass and single lever shift / throttle. The cockpit benches are long enough for a nap. The Lewmar 44ST electric halyard winch will keep it easy to raise the large full batten mainsail and handle other heavy loads on the boat. There is also a cabin top Lewmar 30ST to port and Lewmar 48ST primary winches.
The wide gray side decks with inboard shrouds and chrome handrails are easy to navigate. The flush hatches and random non-skid looks great. There is a below-deck genoa furler for a longer jib luff, a split bow rail with a seat, a split anchor locker to accommodate 2 rodes, a horizontal Lewmar windlass and an extended anchor roller.
- Hull Color: White
- Deck Color: white / gray
- Draft: 4’10”
- Cockpit Table: with folding leaves and cup holders and handholds
- Swim Platform: walk through transom with swim ladder
- Cockpit Shower:
- Windlass: Lewmar horizontal:
- Engine: Yanmar 4JH2E 50hp 1400 hours
- Fuel: 40 gals
- Air Conditioning: 16,000 Btu forward 8,000 Btu aft
Curtis Stokes & Associates is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by Murray Yacht Sales. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey direct representation of a particular vessel
LOA: 40' 2" (12.24 Meters)
Type: Sail - Used
Beam: 12' 5"
Bridge Clearance: 63' 3"
Draft Max: 4' 11"
Draft Min: 4' 11"
Double Berths: 1
Queen Berths: 1
Maximum Speed: Knots
Cruise Speed: Knots
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Fuel Tank: 40 Gallons (151.42 Liters)
Fresh Water: 150 Gallons (567.81 Liters)
Holding Tank: Gallons ( Liters)
Click any image to view enlarged version. Swipe enlarged image to see additional enlarged images.
Want more information about this yacht?
Curtis Stokes & Associates
Curtis Stokes and Associates, Inc. is a yacht brokerage firm consisting of nine offices and fifty brokers throughout the United States offering worldwide marketing, buyer brokerage services and yacht charters. We also specialize in marketing and selling Great Loop capable yachts and boats.