1998 Island Packet
41' (12.65m) 40 - It's a Dream
It's a Dream is a nicely equipped 1998 Island Packet 40 with many desirable features. She located at a private dock in Punta Gorda, FL.
- Punta Gorda Florida United States
- Fiberglass Hull
Solidly built 1998 Island Packet 40 in Punta Gorda, FL with many desirable features.
Bow Thruster (2013)
Swim Platform (2014)
Fiberglass holding tank (2014)
Arch, Dinghy Davits, Motor Lift and Mount
Standing Rigging Replaced (2020)
Updated Electronics (2018-2020)
18 BTU Reverse Cycle Air Conditioning (2020)
Lofrans Tigress Horizontal 12V Windlass w/wireless remote (2021)
(3) 125 AH Lithium LiFePO4 batteries (installed in 2019)
Inverter/Charger: Victron Energy MultiPlus 3000 VA
170 amp Balmar alternator with upgraded serpentine belt (2021)
Fresh water electric flush toilet in aft head (2019)
Curtis Stokes & Associates is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by S&J Yachts. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey direct representation of a particular vessel
LOA: 41' 6" (12.65 Meters)
Type: Sail - Used
Beam: 12' 11"
Bridge Clearance: 53' 8"
Draft Max: 4' 8"
Draft Min: ' "
Double Berths: 3
Maximum Speed: Knots
Cruise Speed: Knots
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Fuel Tank: 90 Gallons (340.69 Liters)
Fresh Water: 170 Gallons (643.52 Liters)
Holding Tank: 30 Gallons (113.56 Liters)
Full DetailsView Full Details
The interior the Island Packet 40 is attractive and functional with quality teak joinery throughout and a teak & holly sole. It has two private cabins with adjoining heads, a comfortable salon, convenient navigation station and secure galley. There is plenty of natural light and ventilation throughout the interior with thirteen stainless steel opening ports, seven deck hatches and four deck dorades.
The forward head is aft of the chain locker and features a large vanity with a stainless steel sink, teak shower seat, curtain enclosed shower, manual toilet, storage cabinets, pressurized hot-cold water, a mirror, two opening ports and an overhead hatch.
Directly aft of to forward head is the forward cabin. There are three opening ports, deck vents and one hatch. The cabin has a large double berth, with a custom mattress, located on the starboard side. There are teak shelves, drawers and a cedar lined hanging locker.
The salon was designed with comfort and safety in mind, with four opening ports, four deck vents, two opening hatches and overhead handrails. It features a single settee to port and a L-shaped settee to starboard, that pulls out to become a double berth. A drop leaf table folds down from the forward bulkhead to reveal a storage rack. There are cabinets and book shelves outboard of both settees and large storage areas behind and under each settee.
The nav station is on the starboard side between the salon and galley. It has a large hinged table with storage beneath, storage below the settee, and houses the master AC-DC electric panel and electronics equipment. See "Electronics" for more detail.
Opposite the nav station, on the portside, is the aft head with curtain enclosed shower, teak seat, fresh water flush Raritan Elegance electric toilet (2019), vanity, mirror, sink, storage cabinets, pressurized hot & cold water, two opening ports and a hatch. There is access to the head from the salon and from the aft cabin.
Located on the port side, the aft cabin has a large double berth with a custom mattress, a shelf above the headboard, a seat, cedar lined hanging locker, drawers and storage below the berth. There are two opening ports and a hatch.
- 18,000 BTU marine AC/Heat (2020), with Microair Easystart
- 12V fan in the forward cabin
- 12V fan in aft cabin
- 12V fan in the salon
The wrap-around galley is located on the starboard side of the companionway stairs.
- Double stainless steel sink with pressure, filtered and hand pump fresh water
- Adler Barbour Cold Machine refrigeration/freezer system installed in a top loading insulated box
- Tappan microwave
- Three burner Princess propane stove with oven
- Storage: Pot & pan locker, dish rack, cutlery drawers, storage drawer, and trash bin
- Raymarine Axiom Pro 9 - 9" Hybrid Touch Multifunction (2020)
- Raymarine Quantum 2 Radar (2020)
- Raymarine Evolution EV-400 Autopilot (2020)
- (2) Raymarine i70 Multifunction Instruments (2018)
- Standard Horizon VHF - Matrix AIS/GPS GX2200 with Ram mic (2020) AIS Receiver
- SSB - ICOM 802 AT140
- Helm Navpod (2020)
- 5" Ritchie Compass
- Side Power bow thruster control (2020)
- Kenwood KDC MP235 AM/FM/CD stereo with salon speakers
- 21" JVC TV mounted in the salon
- 12 volt DC and 110 volt AC systems
- (3) 125 AH Lithium LiFePO4 batteries (installed in 2019)
- (1) 100 AH lead acid engine/bow thruster battery
- Inverter/Charger: Victron Energy MultiPlus 3000 VA
- (2) Victron MPTT solar controllers
- (4) 100 watt solar panels
- (2) 30 Amp shore power connections
- (2) 30 Amp shore power cords
- LED interior lights
- 170 Amp Balmar alternator with upgraded serpentine belt (2021)
- Aluminum 170 gallon fresh water tank
- Aluminum 90 gallon diesel tank located in the bilge area of the salon
- Fiberglass holding tank
- Jabsco 3.7 g.p.m. 12 volt pump fresh water pump with accumulator tank
- Fuel and water tank gauges
- Water Heater - Seaward 11 gallon, 110 volt unit with engine heat exchanger
- Manual bilge pump and Rule 2000 electric bilge pump
- Manual marine toilet in the forward head with discharge to holding tank or overboard. The holding tank is evacuated dockside through a deck pup out fitting or overboard with a macerator pump.
- Fresh water flush Raritan Elegance toilet in aft head with Bluetooth remote panel (2019)
- Both head compartment showers drain to a common sump with a 12 volt pump
- Pressure hot/cold water in the galley and heads
- Aluminum LPG tanks stored in a compartment/well on the starboard deck
- Yanmar 4JH2E, four cylinder marine diesel (50 HP @3,600 RPM)
- 3,981 engine hours as of 5/24/2022
- Tachometer with hour meter, water temp and oil pressure
- New heat exchanger assembly and exhaust manifold assembly (2016)
- Racor fuel filter
- 18" 3-blade Max-Prop feathering propeller
- 170 amp Balmar alternator with upgraded serpentine belt (2021)
- Outboard Engine: 4 HP Yamaha (F4SMHA)
- Side-Power bow thruster w/controller at helm (2013)
- Windlass with remote (2021)
- Air Conditioning - 16,000 BTU (2021)
Sails and Rigging
It's a Dream features a cruising friendly cutter rig, with in-mast furling main, furling head sails and a self-tending staysail with boom.
- Genoa - 130% Mack Sail (2013) with Profurl roller furling
- Staysail - Sobstad with Profurl roller furling and an Forespar staysail club (age unknown)
- Mainsail - Mack Sail with in-mast furling
- Standing rigging replaced (2020)
- Running rigging refreshed as-needed
- Anodized extruded aluminum, single spreader, keel stepped mast with an in-mast furling system
- Ronstan main sheet traveler
- Boom vang
- Genoa tracks
- (2) Lewmar 24's on mast
- (1) Lewmar 8 on mast
- (2) Lewmar 30 CST's on coach roof
- (1) Lewmar 8 on coach roof
- (2) Lewmar 48 CST's on cockpit coaming
- (2) Lewmar 16 CST's on cockpit coaming
Hull, Deck and Equipment
Construction - 100% hand laid fiberglass construction throughout with ISO - NPG type gelcoat for maximum durability. All structural elements and reinforcements designed to ABS standards. The hull is molded in one piece utilizing a proprietary pressure fed application system with extra strong triaxial glass, unified with an engineered molded interior grid structure. The deck laminate is cored with Polycore and attached to integrally molded hull flanges with bolts, lock nuts and urethane adhesive sealant. All deck hardware is thru-bolted with aluminum back up plats. The deck features an integrally molded tan slip resistant coarse diamond pattern and is ivory white to reduce glare. The cockpit is spacious and secure with contoured cockpit seats that are almost 8 feet long.
- Extended bow platform with teak covering boards and twin anchor rollers
- Lofrans Tigres Horizontal 12V windlass with chain gypsy, rope drum, and wireless remote with chain counter (2021)
- 20 kg Bruce anchor
- 45 lb. CQR anchor
- 125' 3/8" anchor chain and rode (length TBD)
- Dinghy davits, rod holders and outboard motor lift/mount
- Aluminum stern arch with solar panels and a radar mast
- Dodger, bimini and connector
- Cockpit shower
- Cockpit table and drink
- Cockpit Cushions
- Transom swim platform w/fold-down stainless ladder (2014)
- Folding 32" stainless steel wheel with Lewmar mechanical shaft/arm/tie rod system to a tiller arm mounted to the rudder stock
- Emergency tiller
- Side power bow thruster
- 2015 West Marine Rib 310 HYP
- Companionway: Drop-ins and café-style
- Dorade vents
- Life Sling
- Fenders and dock lines
It's a Dream was purchased by her owner's in January of 2017They have sailed her on the Gulf and kept her at a private dock in Punta Gorda, FL.
No material damage was reported on the Disclosure Form. The bottom was last painted on 9/17/2022 and the underwater zincs were replaced on April 22, 2022. The vessel was last hauled in March of 2020.
The exterior teak was refinished with Semco in 2022.
The Vessel is documented with the United States Coast Guard.
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.
- Engine Make: Yanmar
- Engine Model: 4JH2E
- Engine Year:
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Drive Type: Direct
- Power HP: 50.00
- Fuel Type: Diesel
- Hours: 3981.00
Click any image to view enlarged version. Swipe enlarged image to see additional enlarged images.