42' (12.90m) 424 - Acadia
This beautiful 42’ cutter-rig Pearson 424 in Pensacola, Florida, has been responsibly maintained and managed by her owner. Acadia won the PYC and NYC boat of the year.
- Pensacola Florida United States
- Fiberglass Hull
- LOA: 42.3’
- LWL: 33.67’
- BEAM: 13.00’
- Air Height: 52’
- Min & Max Drafts: 5.25’
- Displacement: 22,000 lbs.
- Ballast: 7600lbs
- Fuel: # of tanks, gallons & material: 80 gal
- Water: # of tanks, gallons & material: 170 Gal
- Holding: # of tanks, gallons & material: 10 gal
- # of single berths: 4
- # of double berths: 2
- # of twin berths: 1
- # of cabins: 2
- # of heads: 1
- Designer: William Shaw
- Builder:Pearson Yacht Corporation
- Layout: 2 Cabin, 1 Head. The forward of two companionways accesses the main salon, galley and forward berth. The cockpit companionway leads directly into the owner’s cabin and navigation center.
- Description - U-shaped galley with bulkhead between double stainless steel sink and owner’s stateroom.
- Refrigeration - Frostmate Refrigeration w/ freezer
- Oven - Force 10, 3 burner stove w/ oven
- 6 Gal. Water Heater
- Raymarine Axiom Pro Hybrid 9 at Nav Station - Autopilot, GPS, Radar, Plotter
- Speed, Wind, Depth
- Raymarine A65 VHF w/RAM at helm
- Shore power and battery charger
- Domestic & Engine Batteries
- 3024 Solar Panels, True Charge 20+
- AirBreeze Wind Gen & 2 BlueSky
- 2 AGM 4D Batteries, 1 AGM Grp31 (start) - 2021
SAILS & RIGGING
- 145, 125 in race condition
- 135, good condition
- main, race condition
- Asymmetrical spin, good;
- Symmetrical spin, excellent condition
DECK & HULL
- Last Bottom job: September 2023
- California dodger/combiner/bimini; hatch, handrail, companionway, binnacle covers; all in good condition
- Dinghy: West Marine 3.1 roll-up hypalon
- Engine - Westerbeke 58 HP, <4000 Hours
- Impeller, oil and transmission fluids changed July 2023
- Air conditioning - 34 K Btu
HISTORY OF VESSEL
Acadia is well maintained and kept by her owner, who has been intimately involved in her care and upkeep since purchased 11 years ago. The bottom is cleaned at least monthly, zinc as needed. The vessel has never been chartered.
The stern and lower bow sections known as weak spots on the 424 have been reinforced.
Murray Yacht Sales was the Pearson dealer in the 1970s and 1980s. The Pearson 424 was built from 1978 to 1984 with about 225 hulls that were built. The Pearson 424 and the later Pearson 422 have the same hull and evolved from the earlier Pearson 390 and Pearson 419.
Curtis Stokes & Associates is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by Murray Yacht Sales. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey direct representation of a particular vessel
LOA: 42' 3" (12.90 Meters)
Type: Sail - Used
Beam: 12' 11"
Bridge Clearance: ' "
Draft Max: 5' 2"
Draft Min: ' "
Maximum Speed: Knots
Cruise Speed: Knots
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Fuel Tank: Gallons ( Liters)
Fresh Water: Gallons ( Liters)
Holding Tank: Gallons ( Liters)
Click any image to view enlarged version. Swipe enlarged image to see additional enlarged images.
Want more information about this yacht?
Curtis Stokes & Associates
Curtis Stokes and Associates, Inc. is a yacht brokerage firm consisting of nine offices and fifty brokers throughout the United States offering worldwide marketing, buyer brokerage services and yacht charters. We also specialize in marketing and selling Great Loop capable yachts and boats.