55' (16.97m) - Down Time
1978 Irwin 52 Ketch "Downtime" ***DO NOT LET HER AGE FOOL YOU. Re-fit in 2017*** **Like a Fine Wine she has gotten better with age & love** Turn-Key, Cruising Ready to say the least. Attention to detail is an understatement Recent Insurance Survey completed 8/2022 Including Rigging inspection
- Jacksonville Florida United States
- Fiberglass Hull
$ 189,900 USD
€ 176,331 Euros
$ 256,381 CAD
1978 Irwin 52 Ketch "Downtime"
***DO NOT LET HER AGE FOOL YOU. Re-fit in 2017***
**Like a Fine Wine she has gotten better with age & love**
Turn-Key, Cruising Ready to say the least.
Attention to detail is an understatement
Recent Insurance Survey completed 8/2022 Including Rigging inspection.
Whether you are searching for a Bluewater capable cruiser, a Dock queen that will be all the rage in your harbor/marina, a live-aboard with ample space..... "Downtime" checks all the boxes and will surely be the envy of any harbor or marina she enters. This 1978 Irwin 52 "Downtime" Ketch will rival any of her newer/longer (Irwin 54) sister-ships with her upgrades and re-fit comparable to very few.
Stem to Stern Re-Fit completed in 2017 with constant attention to detail and maintenance since completed. Every component of "Down Time's" build was reviewed and refurbished or replaced as needed.
If you are looking for an affordable, spacious cruising sailboat that has been brought to exceptional standards...Look no further!
Her specs are enviable.. Below are a few of her upgrades & notable maintenance:
- **Engine Oil, Trans Fluid & Racors changed on regular intervals per ships log**
- New Uphoulstry & Foam throughout all soft goods 4/22
- New Master Matteress 12/20
- Oil, Transmission & Racors Changed 4/22
- Generator 200 AMP Battery 4/22
- Six new Group 31 batteries 10/21
- Guest Head complete Remodel, Corian, sink, electro San & Head 2021
- Bottom Paint 11/19
- Awlgrip paint hull and deck 11/16
- Re-wired 120v circuits
- New 120v electrical panel
- 12v wiring reviewed and addressed
- New AIMS 2000 watt inverter 100 amp charger 2021
- New dodger and bimini full enclosure
- New Lofrans windlass
- New stack pack with Lazy Jacks
- New sail covers and genoa sacrificial
- New hatch covers
- New propane lines and manifolds
- New aft 30 gallon holding tank
- New heads 2017 & 2021
- New countertops throughout 2017
- New plumbing lines and fixtures throughout
- LED lighting installed
- New galley double sink
- Norcold 12v/110v upright refrigerator
- Top loading 12v BD 50 Freezer
- Garmin GWS 10 wind and depth
- Garmin HD radar
- Garmin 741 SX chartplotter
- New VHF with RAM mic and AIS
- AIS on chartplotter
- Raymarine EVO 400 autopilot
- Yacht Thruster bow thruster
- New membrane for custom 40 GPH watermaker
AND THAT'S JUST FOR STARTERS!
Contact us to day to schedule your personal showing, or for additional information.
Curtis Stokes & Associates is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by Professional Yacht Sales. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey direct representation of a particular vessel
LOA: 55' 8" (16.97 Meters)
Type: Sail - Used
Beam: ' "
Bridge Clearance: ' "
Draft Max: ' "
Draft Min: ' "
Maximum Speed: Knots
Cruise Speed: Knots
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Fuel Tank: Gallons ( Liters)
Fresh Water: Gallons ( Liters)
Holding Tank: Gallons ( Liters)
Full DetailsView Full Details
Master stateroom aft: Spacious accommodations with athwartship queen size berth, Lazy "L" dressing seat/lounge, large hanging lockers starboard, hanging locker on bulkhead, two storage lockers, six drawers, book shelves, mirrored aft bulkhead, multiple storage shelves. Ensuite bath with new electric head, new countertop on mirrored vanity, ss sink, tub/shower, 4 lockers and shelf storage. New faucet sets. New 12" mattress & New foam & upholstry throughout.
Dinette: U-shaped portside across from galley. Easily seats six. adjacent is a huge food prep/storage shelf. New Uphoulstry/foam
Nav Station: Portside in the salon, flip-top chart table, storage shelves, hullside lockers and integral chart storage
Salon: Portside - Long re-upholstered & Foam settee with 2 drawer bureau at end, book rack on bulkhead, 5 hullside lockers, salon rug. Starboard - Recliner w/ Ottomonn seven lockers, 2 storage bins. Sole access to engine and generator
Guest Head: Professionally Remodeled 2021 with new head, corian countertop, and Koehler faucets. Vanity has glass vessel sink, 4 lockers, bulkhead mirror. Separate shower stall with seat.
Stateroom #3: Crew Quarters or Storage w/ over/under single berths, with a mirrored hanging locker for storage and 2 drawers.
Guest Stateroom: Large V-berth, New 5" Lucid Mattress, mirrored 3 drawer bureau, 4 drawers under the berth, hullside shelves, overhead hatch, two portlights.
General info: 6'6" headroom. Hullsides are staved in teak, all sinks and showers go to shower sump. Galley sink goes overboard. LED lighting throughout
Cockpit: This is the real living area of "Down Time". Very spacious with settees that are over 7' long. Perfect for sleeping "under the stars!" New Screen on her enclosure. Six coaming lockers provide for plenty of storage. Her full enclosure makes this area the place to be in inclement weather. She has a cockpit table for appetizers or full meals.
- Force 10 propane stove/oven - NEW 2016
- Norcold 12v/110v upright refrigerator/freezer
- Top loading BD 50 freezer - NEW 2017
- Double deep composite sink w/ cover - NEW 2017
- NEW Kuama 11 gal. stainless steel water heater 2018
- NEW faucet set 2017
- NEW counter tops 2017
- Trident fiberglass propane cylinder-New 2022
- 11 Lockers
- 4 Drawers
- Overhead shelf
- Breakfast bar
- Raymarine EVO EV1 ACU400 autopilot
- Garmin 741 SX chartplotter
- Garmin depth & wind speed
- Garmin HD 24 mi. radar
- Ritchie 3" compass
- Standard Horizon VHF w/ AIS receiver and DSC/GPS
- ICOM 802 SSB radio
- RAM mic at helm
- AIS receives on VHF and chartplotter
- Barometer, ships clock and temperature gauge
- Sony stereo w/ Sirius weather, CD, salon & Stateroom zones
- Battery Bank: (4) 200 amp lead acid - house (2021), (1) 200 amp engine & genset start, (2022)
- Battery Bank: (2) 200 amp dedicated to 24v bowthruster & windlass - ALL NEW 2021
- AIMS 2000 watt inverter - 100 amp charger
- Westerbeke 7.7 kw generator w/ 2000 hrs.
- Two 165 watt solar panels with MPPT contoller
- 120 volt panel all re-wired 2017
- 12v wiring inspected and addressed
- 50' 50 amp Marinco shore power cable
- 50' 30 amp w/ 50 amp end
Deck and Cockpit
- Ground Tackle: 72# Claw w/ 200' 3/8 chain, Fortress w/ 25' chain & 150' rode, Rochna 88
- Lofrans Tigres electric windlass w/ hand held remote & helm control
- Full cockpit enclosure (2016) New Screens 2022
- Sunbrella Plus undercoat on bimini
- Stack Pack (2016)
- Sail covers & sacrificial on genoa
- Cockpit cushions
- Hatch covers
- Companionway doors
- Two outboard motor rail mounts
- Cockpit table
- Boat hook
- (6) Life jackets- 2 Offshore inflatable, 4 type II buoyant
- USCG approved safety package
- Stainless steel manual dinghy davits w/ winches
- Fresh water deck washdown
- Boarding step
- Fenders & lines
- Deck brush and mop
Sails and Rigging
- Sail inventory: 130% genoa, main, mizzen, staysail
- Stackpack on main
- Mainsheet traveler
- Lazy jacks on main & mizzen
- Winches: (2) Lewmar 55 ST primaries, (2) Barient 23 ST manuevering, (2) Lewmar 16R on mizzen, (2) Lewmar 30 ST 2 speed on main (new 2022)
- Mizzen mast stepped on deck, main mast keel stepped
- (3) Marine Air AC units - (2) 16,000BTU, (1) 7000 BTU. - Dometic 16,000 BTU reverse cycle AC (new 2018)
- Secondary Dometic Marine 7000 BTU hatch mount for aft cabin while on the hard
- Yacht Thruster bow thruster
- New drive shaft 2017
- Racor fuel filters - (1) 1000, (2) 500
- Spin on engine secondary fuel filter
- Edson manual steering wheel
- Custom 40 gallon per hr. watermaker w/ 2016 membrane
- Electro-Scan Sanitation System (1) Electric head, (1) manual head - macerator or deck pumpout 2018
- (6) BC fire extinguisher
Additional Details & Improvements:
- Centerboard has been strapped UP. Totally functional if strap removed.
- Rudder strengthened and rebuilt 2013
- Fresh Ablative Petit Ultima SR60 bottom paint 11/2019
- Hull and deck Awlgrip painted 11/2016 - No blister history
- Main and mizzen mast steps re-stepped in 2013
- Good cruising spares inventory ie: hoses, belts, filters, fresh water pumps, LED lights, bilge pump.
- Manuals for all systems
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.
- Engine Make: Perkins
- Engine Model: M/N 4.236
- Engine Year: 1978
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Drive Type:
- Power HP: 81.00
- Fuel Type: Diesel
- Hours: 3600.00
Click any image to view enlarged version. Swipe enlarged image to see additional enlarged images.
For more information about this yacht please contact Curtis Stokes and Associates, Inc.
We look forward to working with you!
Want more information about this yacht?
Curtis Stokes & Associates
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Toll Free: 1-855-266-5676
Curtis Stokes and Associates, Inc. is a yacht brokerage firm consisting of nine offices and fifty brokers throughout the United States offering worldwide marketing, buyer brokerage services and yacht charters. We also specialize in marketing and selling Great Loop capable yachts and boats.