1999 West Bay
58' (17.68m) SonShip - Persistence
199958' West Bay Sonship raised pilothouse motoryacht
- New York New York United States
- Fiberglass Hull
Persistence is a raised pilothouse motor yacht in nice condition. She offers twin Caterpillar 3406 800 HP main engines, Northern Lights 20 kW generator, Magnum 2800 watt inverter, oil change system, dripless shaft seals, bowthruster, huge cockpit and a 3 stateroom 2 head layout. Persistence is a Great Loop veteran.
Press & Media
LOA: 58' " (17.68 Meters)
Type: Power - Used
Beam: 17' 1"
Bridge Clearance: 19' 1"
Draft Max: 4' 10"
Draft Min: ' "
Single Berths: 2
Queen Berths: 2
Full Beam Master: Yes
Maximum Speed: 22 Knots
Cruise Speed: 18 Knots
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Fuel Tank: 1000 Gallons (3785.41 Liters)
Fresh Water: 260 Gallons (984.21 Liters)
Holding Tank: 95 Gallons (359.61 Liters)
Full DetailsView Full Details
58' West Bay Vessel Walkthrough
From the intergrated fiberglass swimplatform, you step into the cockpit via the transom gate, where you will find molded-in steps to each side deck, molded-in steps and a stainless ladder to the flybridge, lazarette and engine room access and double aluminum & glass doors to the salon. Once inside the salon, you will find a sofa with storage and a table to port, two lounge chairs and table to starboard and a wetbar and storage cabinetry starboard forward. Step up into the raised pilothouse and you will find the galley to port, a dinette to starboard, the helm forward, a side deck access door on each side and a companionway down to the guest staterooms. The full-beam master stateroom is amidships with a centerline queen size berth and an ensuite head and enclosed shower; there is a guest stateroom to port with over/under single and twin size berths and a guest stateroom forward with an island queen size berth. The guest head with enclosed shower is to starboard.
The headroom in the salon is 6'11", 6'10" in the pilothouse, 7'8" in the galley and dinette, 7'9" on the flybridge, 7'10" in the cockpit, 6' in the engine room, 6'3" in the master stateroom and master stateroom shower, 7'2" in the forward guest stateroom, 6'8" in the port guest stateroom and 6'8" in the guest shower. The master stateroom berth is 6'6" long, the forward guest stateroom berth is 6'4" long and the port guest stateroom berths are 6'4" long.
58' West Bay Accommodations
Persistence offers a full-beam master stateroom amidships with a centerline queen size berth and an ensuite head with an enclosed shower; a guest stateroom to port with over/under single and twin size berths and a guest stateroom forward with an island queen size berth. The guest head is to starboard and includes an enclosed shower.
58' West Bay Salon
The salon offers a Samsung flat screen TV, stairs to the flybridge starboard forward, a wet bar and liquor storage in a pop-up storage compartment and storage cabinetry also starboard forward, two lounge chairs and a table to starboard, wrap-around sofa with storage and a hi/lo folding wood table to port, carpet, carpet runners, side and aft windows with blinds, double aluminum & glass doors aft to the cockpit and a Phantom sliding screen door aft.
58' West Bay Galley
A spacious U-shaped Galley is located in the aft port corner of the Pilothouse. All counter tops are Corian and the cabinetry and flooring is hardwood. Opposite the galley is an L-shaped dinette with Corian topped table with storage beneath and will comfortably seat four. Aft of the dinette is a curved staircase to the Flybridge.
- GE side-by-side refrigerator/freezer with in door ice/water dispenser
- GE Profile 4-burner cooktop
- GE Profile Performance convection/microwave oven
- Broan Trash Compactor
- Double stainless steel sinks with a garbage disposal
- Broan Silhouette exhaust hood
- Black and Decker Toastertbroiler/convection oven
- Stainless steel wine refrigerator
- Storage cabinets and drawers
- Wine cooler in the pilothouse
- U-Line refrigerator/icemaker on the flybridge
- Jenn-Air BBQ grill in the cockpit
58' West Bay Dining
Dining space is available at the dinette across from the galley and at the flybridge table.
58' West Bay Master Stateroom
The full-beam master stateroom is amidships and offers a centerline queen size berth, 2 portlights, carpet, storage drawers and cabinets, hanging locker, walk-in locker, nightstands, reading lights, vanity/desk forward and an ensuite head with an enclosed shower.
58' West Bay Forward Guest Stateroom
The forward guest stateroom offers an island queen size berth with large storage beneath, a lighted cedar lined hanging locker, shelves, storage drawers and cabinets, overhead hatch with screen and shade and carpet. The guest head with an enclosed shower is starboard aft of this stateroom.
58' West Bay Port Guest Stateroom
The port guest stateroom features an upper single berth and a lower twin berth, a lighted hanging locker, a mirrored full height storage locker forward with shelves, portlight, reading lights, nightstands, carpet and storage drawers. The guest head with an enclosed shower is across from this stateroom to starboard.
58' West Bay Laundry
- Frigidaire stack washer and dryer
58' West Bay Pilothouse
The raised pilothouse offers a full helm forward, a side deck access door on each side, Crown Ltd. helmseat, carpet and carpet runners, companionway to the guest staterooms and stairs to the flybridge aft.
58' West Bay Flybridge
The flybridge offers a bimini, non-skid deck, hinged Radar arch, wrap-around seating with storage and a hi/lo table on each side, 2 helmseats, U--Line refrigerator/icemaker, storage, a door and hatch starboard forward to the pilothouse, tender storage and davit aft and a hatch with ladder and molded-in steps to the cockpit aft.
58' West Bay Cockpit
The huge cockpit offers a hardtop, transom gate to the integral fiberglass swimplatform, synthetic teak deck, stainless steel ladder and molded-in steps port forward to the flybridge, molded-in steps to each side deck, removable boarding stairs on each side, engine room access, lazarette access, wetbar starboard forward, Jenn-Air BBQ grill, 6 rod holders, fold-up engine control station to port and a transom storage/fish box.
58' West Bay Audio/Visual Equipment
- KVH Tracvision 4 satellite TV system
- Samsung flat screen TV in the salon
- Panasonic flat screen TV in the forward guest stateroom
- Insignia flat screen TV in the master stateroom
- Denon DVD-557 DVD player in the master stateroom
- LG Blu Ray player in the salon
- Denon AVR Surround Sound receiver & amplifier in the salon
- Sony CDP-CE500 5 disc CD player in the salon
- Clarion exterior speakers
- Fusion interior speakers
58' West Bay Electronics
- Furuno Radar
- Garmin GPSmap 7212 multi-function display at the lower helm
- Garmin GPSmap 6208 multi-function display on the flybridge
- Furuno RD-30 navigation data organizer on the flybridge and at the lower helm
- Robertson AP300X autopilot at the lower helm and on the flybridge and at the lower helm
- Aquameter Gemini magnetic compass on the flybridge
- Ritchie digital compass at the lower helm
- Icom IC-M504 VHF on the flybridge and at the lower helm
58' West Bay Electrical System
- Northern Lights 20 kW generator with approximately 5,758 hours and a remote panel in the pilothouse
- Magnum Energy MagnaSine MS2812 2,800 watt inverter/charger
- ProMariner ProNautic 12-60P battery charger
- Sentry 24 vdc 30 amp battery charger
- Beaver transformer
- Yacht-O-Matic power management system
- Automatic 120/208/240 volt shore power selector
- Dedicated generator starting battery
- 4 X Full River Group L16 AGM batteries (DC400-6)
- 2 X Bright Way Group BWEVL16-400a AGM batteries
- 2 X Full Force 8D AGM battery bank (FFD260-12)
- 3 X Group 31 AGM engine control batteries
- Glendinning Cablemaster 50 amp 240 volt retractable 80' shore power cord system
- 2nd 50' 50 amp shore power cord, 3rd 20’ 50 amp shore power cord
- Additional shore power inlet, port side forward amidship
- 12 vdc outlet in the pilothouse
- Perko battery switches
58' West Bay Engine/Mechanical Equipment
- Twin Caterpillar 3406 TA 800 HP diesel engines with approximately 4,364 hours
- ZF IRM350A.1 Transmissions
- Kobelt engine controls
- Cockpit station (3rd) at port side for docking with swing out arm and bow thruster controls
- Emergency engine controls in engine room
- Exhaust over temperature alarm system
- VDO and Caterpillar gauges
- Groco sea strainers
- Tides Marine dripless shaft seals
- Racor fuel filters
- Oil-X-Changer oil change system for engines and generator
- SeaStar hydraulic steering system
- Hydraulic bow thruster
- Hynautic trim tabs
- Dometic and CruiseAir reverse cycle air conditioning/heating system - 4 zones
- Water Makers, Inc. 4.5 gpm water maker with a remote panel in the pilothouse
- Raritan 20 gallon water heater
- Vacuflush heads
- Dometic holding tank level monitor
- Large inventory of spare parts
- Owner's manual with schematic drawings for all systems
- All maintenance records
58' West Bay Deck Equipment
- Muir anchor windlass
- Claw anchor
- Fresh water washdown
- Stainless steel rails
- Stainless steel deck hardware
- Foredeck sunpads
- Kayak holder
- Dock water connection
- Aluminum swim ladder
- Pop-up stainless steel cleats on the swimplatform
- Tracy gangway
58' West Bay Tender
- Novurania 1999 center console RIB tender
- Yamaha FT60BET 60 HP 4 stroke outboard
- Tender includes a Standard Horizon Eclipse VHF, Standard Horizon depth sounder, Humminbird 383C GPS/Fishfinder, magnetic compass, 12 vdc outlet, storage under the seating and seat cushions
- 1,500 LB tender davit
58' West Bay Safety and Fire Protection
- Kidde Mariner Fyrewatch FE241 engine room fire suppression system (Last inspection March 2014)
- Fire extinguishers
- Smoke detectors
- Rule bilge pumps
- Lifesling2 overboard recovery system
58' West Bay Exclusions
- Owner’s personal belongings
58' West Bay Disclaimer
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.
Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
- Engine Make: Caterpillar
- Engine Model: 3406
- Engine Year:
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Drive Type: Direct
- Power HP: 800.00
- Fuel Type: Diesel
- Hours: 4364.00
- Engine Make: Caterpillar
- Engine Model: 3406
- Engine Year:
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Drive Type: Direct
- Power HP: 800.00
- Fuel Type: Diesel
- Hours: 4343.00
Click any image to view enlarged version. Swipe enlarged image to see additional enlarged images.
Video of West Bay 58 SonShip "Persistence"
58' West Bay Sonship Persistence
Want more information about this yacht?
Curtis Stokes was born in Lewes, Delaware and grew up in nearby Rehoboth Beach, Delaware and St. Michaels, MD until he moved to Fort Lauderdale, Florida in 1992. Curtis grew up on the water and around boats through many years of fishing, sailing and hunting up and down the East Coast of the U.S. and The Bahamas.
While attending Washington College, in Chestertown, Maryland, Curtis decided to obtain his real estate license and joined his father’s real estate firm, Anderson-Stokes Realtors. Curtis became president of the firm after his father’s death and led the company through its expansion to 20 offices and expanded the publicly traded company into insurance, advertising and development. The company was sold in 1991 and Curtis decided to pursue his real love of the water and made yachting his career.
Curtis’ yachting career includes everything from a 75’ Trumpy to a 180’ Feadship, 2½ circumnavigations and a half dozen Atlantic Ocean crossings. He has been associated with and enjoyed worldwide cruising on such well known vessels as EXCELLENCE, FIFFANELLA, OUR TOY, MOECCA, RENEGADE, KISSES and HUNTRESS. Curtis also gained experience as sales manager at Hatteras Yachts, in New Bern, NC, where he helped develop and sell new models and train and coordinate his dealer network.
Curtis then spent six years as a very successful yacht sales broker with The Sacks Group Yachting Professionals, Inc. Curtis was consistently a top producer at the firm. Curtis decided to form his own yacht sales and charter firm September 1, 2009, which took off on a very successful start, even in a recession! Curtis has grown the company to multiple offices and 50 full time sales associates located around the US; and he has sold virtually every type and size of yacht and boat possible.
Curtis held a USCG 3000 ton All Oceans Master license, UK MCA Class IV Master certificate, Cayman Islands Master certificate and a PADI Divemaster certificate. He is also a former Emergency Medical Technician, firefighter and CPR instructor.
Curtis is an active member of the America’s Great Loop Cruiser Association (AGLCA), Superyacht Society, United States Superyacht Association, Marine Trawler Owner Association (MTOA), DeFever Cruiser Club, Seven Seas Cruising Association, Billfish Foundation, International Gamefish Association and Ducks Unlimited.
Curtis also is a Certified Professional Yacht Broker (CPYB), a member of the International Yacht Broker Association, Yacht Broker Association of America and the Northwest Yacht Broker Association.
Curtis Stokes can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or Cel (954) 684-0218.
Curtis Stokes & Associates
Curtis Stokes & Associates are headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. The Fort Lauderdale office is run by president and yacht broker Curtis Stokes, a long time resident of Fort Lauderdale and a well known broker for many years in the South Florida area.
Fort Lauderdale is on the southeastern coast close to the Florida Keys, Bahamas and the Caribbean. Fort Lauderdale is known as a crossroads of yachting and is home to 165 miles of water ways and many marinas providing ample dockage for yachts. The Fort Lauderdale Boat Show every fall is the world’s largest attracting a world wide clientele.