33' (10.26m) 34 MK I - Badger
1984 Sabre 34 MKI
- Stratford Connecticut United States
- 34 MK I
- Fiberglass Hull
The BADGER is a 1984 model Sabre 34 Mk I as produced by Sabre Yachts of Casco, Maine. First introduced in 1976 for the 1977 model year, the "34 Mk I" was manufactured through 1985! By any standard, that run of some 255 examples indicates that she was a very successful model for Sabre Yachts. In fact, a Sabre 34 Mk I such as the BADGER remains to be a great choice for the current market as it relates to the quality of build as well as her performance & traditional "good looks" too.
The BADGER shows beautifully with her AWLGRIP Black topsides & white boot & gold cove stripe. The exterior teak is nicely-varnished and the interior is in exceptionally good condition as well. Recent upgrades to the BADGER include her newer QUANTUM sails and HARKEN Roller-Furling. Her systems have been well-maintained & updated as necessary as a reference to the Listing will note.
The BADGER is offered for brokerage sale this Fall as the Owner's boating plans have changed over the years. Purchased back in 2004, she's provided years of good service to this Family. Given her uniquely-good condition and also equipped to fulfill a Club "cruiser-racer" mode as well, any qualified client is urged to have a look. The BADGER represents an opportunity to acquire one of the best sailing yachts available in her class with her SABRE pedigree & attributes as well as in this size & price range.
The BADGER is located at her Winter Storage facility in Stratford, CT.
Curtis Stokes & Associates is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by Brewer Yacht Sales. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey direct representation of a particular vessel
LOA: 33' 8" (10.26 Meters)
Type: Sail - Used
Beam: 10' 6"
Bridge Clearance: 50' "
Draft Max: 5' 6"
Draft Min: ' "
Maximum Speed: 0 Knots
Cruise Speed: 0 Knots
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Fuel Tank: 20 Gallons (75.71 Liters)
Fresh Water: 44 Gallons (166.56 Liters)
Holding Tank: 30 Gallons (113.56 Liters)
Full DetailsView Full Details
- The SABRE 34 Mk I is constructed with a hand laid-up fiberglass hull
- BLACK AWLGRIP Topsides (2005)
- WHITE AWLGRIP Boot-Top (2005)
- GOLD Cove Stripe
- Lead keel, external ballast
- Spade rudder
- WHITE Gelcoat for coachroof, side decks & cockpit
- Bow pulpit, double rail, stainless steel
- Stern rail w/ gate, double rail, stainless steel
- Double lifelines w/ gates, port & starboard (note: newer lines w/ updated all stainless steel vis coated)
- Teak toe rail (oiled)
- Teak grab rails on coach roof (varnished)
- Teak trim for coachroof (varnished)
- Teak coaming caps for cockpit (varnished)
- Teak cockpit grating, custom (2018)
- Teak sprit for bow anchor roller
- Bow anchor well for ground tackle
- (4) Portlights in Salon, large
- (4) Opening ports
- (2) Deck hatches (Salon & Fore Cabin)
- (2) Dorade vents, chromed
- Main Companionway hatch, sliding LEXAN w// teak frames
- Companionway boards, teak
- EDSON Wheel steering w/ stainless steel 28" wheel, binnacle guard & brake (note: engine controls mounted on the pedestal)
- RITCHIE Binnacle compass w/ stainless steel hood, removable
- (2) Cockpit storage lockers
The SABRE 34 Mk I has approximately 6;3" headroom throughout.
The standard layout for the SABRE 34 Mk I is with a Fore Cabin with a a hanging locker & dralwer storage to port and with the Head to starboard. The Salon has the folding table to starboard and the settee and with another settee opposite to port. The Galley is aft to starboard. The Nav Station is located to port and the quarter berth is immediately aft.
- Teak interior joinery, oiled
- Interior cushions: Blue w/ Beige Fleck Pattern for all except the Salon settee, starboard side, which is Dark Blue SUNBRELLA-type fabric (note: 4" foam throughout)
- Berths are all 6'4" in length
- V-Berth forward (note: complete w/ filler piece)
- Salon berth, starboard side, makes into a double
- Salon berth, port side
- Quarter berth aft, port side
- Teak & holly cabin sole (throughout)
- Salon table, teak w/ double leaves, folds up against the Salon bulkhead, starboard side
- Book case built into the Salon bulkhead, starboard side
- Storage lockers, port & starboard, in the Salon
The Galley for the SABRE 34 Mk I is located in the Salon, starboard side aft.
- Stove w/ oven, (2) burners, CNG w/ (2) tanks, gimballed
- Refrigeration system. ADLER-BARBOUR 12 VDC
- Hot & cold pressure water service (note: (2) 22 USG water tanks, plastic)
- Manual fresh-water pump
- Galley sink, double stainless steel
- FORMICA countertops
- Waste basket access .. a Sabre Signature Feature .. from the countertop
The Head for the SABRE 34 Mk I is located forward & just aft of the Fore Cabin, starboard side.
Marine Head, Type III MSD, external water flush (note: new Head & related hoses, 2015)
- "Y" Valve for overboard discharge (where permitted)
- Holding tank, 30 USG, plastic
- Deck discharge access plate
- Shower, hand-held telephone type, hot & cold service
- Wash basin sink, stainless steel
Rig, Rigging, Winches & Sails
The BADGER was produced with the standard SABRE 34 Mk I rig; AWLGRIP White painted aluminum mast (& boom), a single-set of spreaders & keel-stepped spar The mast has internal halyards.
- Dimensions I=43.60', P=38.00', J=13.80' & E=10.80'
- Sail Area: 506 Sq / Ft:
- WL to MH: 50' (approx)
- HARKEN Roller-Furling (new, 2018)
- Stainless steel wire standing rigging, 1x19 wire (note: new headstay, 2018 for the R/F)
- Lines lead aft to the cockpit w/ line organizers & clutches, extra cleats (note: to include reef, 2006)
- Genoa tracks, inboard 10' w/ cars, adjustable
- Boom vang, block & tackle
- Mainsheet System w/ HARKEN cabin top traveler w/ cross-hauls
- Blocks & mounts aft, custom, for use with a cruising spinnaker
- Running rigging: main, genoa & spinnaker halyards, boom vang control, cross-hauls for traveler, boom tipping lift, reef lines, main sheet
- Whisker pole, aluminum, telescoping (note: mounted starboard side, forward)
- Winches (LEWMAR)
- (2) L-26 ST self-tailing (2) speed Primary / Genoa
- (4) L-16 C (2) speed Halyard / Sheet / Line (note: mounted on cabin top. aft)
- QUANTUM Sails (2015) for the Main & #2 Genoa
- Mainsail w/ (2) rows reef points, QUANTUM
- Mainsail cover, White SUNBRELLA
- #2 Genoa, Roller-Furling w/ UV tabling cover, QUANTUM
- Cruising spinnaker
- VHF, STANDARD Horizon Eclipse GX 1200 DSC+ (new, 2018)
- RAYMARINE ST60 Speed / Log
- RAYMARINE ST60 AWI / WS
- RAYMARINE ST60 Depth Sounder
- RAYTHEON R10 Radar (note: unit mounted on a swing-out bracket installed @ port side inboard of the Companionway)
- GARMIN 172C GPS (note: a) inoperative & b) installed at Helm Station)
- PIONIER Stereo, AM / FM w/ single CD w/ (4) speakers; (2) in cockpit & (2) interior (note: has SIRIUS XM)
The SABRE 34 is provided with 12 VDC Ship's Service as well as a 110 VAC Shore Power System.
- Batteries (3): (2) Group 31 Ship's Service, 12 VDC, lead-acid (note: new, 2019) & (1) Group 22 Engine Start
- GUEST Battery Charger (2000)
- Shore Power System w/ 50' cord, internal outlets
- Lighting, Exterior
- Navigation lights (note: all new, 2019)
- Masthead light
- Steaming light
- Lighting, Interior
- Reading & dome lights throughout, 12 VDC
The BADGER is powered by a WESTERBEKE 27 (4) cylinder FWC diesel engine that is original to the boat. The engine is rated at 27 HP at 2800 RPM.
The engine has had the following major maintenance performed over the past ten years:(note: most by Precision Marine, New Rochelle, NY & Safe Harbor Yacht Haven, Stamford, CT)
- Exhaust system work (to include elbow, exhaust pipe & hoses, 2010)
- Fuel system work (to include a new fuel pump & replacing lines, 2018)
- New shaft coupler, stuffing box & motor mounts w/ engine alignment, fuel tank & all fuel lines (2020)
- Starter motor (new, 2019)
- Engine start switch (new, 2017)
- Fuel gauge (new, 2018)
- Cooling system (note: to include heat exchanger, 2016)
- Engine Hours: 2,150 (approx)
- Fuel Capacity: 20 USG (note: plastic, new 2020)
- MICHIGAN Propeller, (3) blade, 16"x 9", bronze
- SAILOR Propeller, (2) blade, bronze (spare)
- Propeller shaft, 1-1/8", stainless steel
- Reduction Gear: 2:1
- RACOR fuel filter
- Oil changing system, manual
The BADGER has a teak spirt system with an integral anchor roller.
- Anchor, BRUCE 30# w/ chain & rode
- Anchor, CQR 25# w/ 6' chain & 250' nylon rode
- Anchor, DANFORTH (spare)
- Canvas (Dark Green SUNBRELLA)
- Dodger & Bimini w/ stainless steel frames (note both not installed, in storage)
- Radar reflector
- Life-Sling System
- Horseshoe life ring, throwable
- (3) Fire extinguishers, dry-chemical
- (2) Bilge pumps; (1) electric / automatic & (1) manual (note: latter installed in the cockpit)
- Emergency tiller for wheel
- NICO FICO Ventilator
- WINDEX Spar-fly on masthead
- Swim ladder, folding, stainless steel w/ teak steps
- Fishing rod holder, stainless steel (note: mounted on stern rail, starboard side aft)
- Cockpit cushions (Beige)
- Yacht ensign w/ teak jackstaff
- Cockpit table, custom wood & varnished, gimballed
- Teak drink holder at wheel, varnished
- Inclinometer (note: installed in cockpit, forward at bridge deck)
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.
- Engine Make: Westerbeke
- Engine Model: 27
- Engine Year:
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Drive Type: Direct
- Power HP: 27.00
- Fuel Type: Diesel
Click any image to view enlarged version. Swipe enlarged image to see additional enlarged images.
Want more information about this yacht?
Curtis Stokes & Associates
Curtis Stokes and Associates, Inc. is a yacht brokerage firm consisting of nine offices and fifty brokers throughout the United States offering worldwide marketing, buyer brokerage services and yacht charters. We also specialize in marketing and selling Great Loop capable yachts and boats.