45' (13.72m) 45 Center Cockpit - Wayward Wind
1994 45' Freedom center cockpit in very nice condition. Fantastic bluewater cruiser.
- Annapolis Maryland United States
- 45 Center Cockpit
- Fiberglass Hull
Wayward Wind is a 1994 45' Freedom center cockpit sloop in very nice condition. She is a proven bluewater cruiser owned by very experienced sellers. Wayward Wind offers a carbon fiber mast, Yanmar 75 HP auxiliary, MasPower 6 kW generator, Heart Interface 2,800 watt inverter, solar panels, reverse cycle air conditioning/heating system, propane heater, some updated electronics, AIS, 2020 aluminum hull RIB tender, full-beam master stateroom aft with an ensuite head and curtained shower stall and a clean, uncluttered interior. Her sellers want a third stateroom for grandchildren so they are moving up in size. So, this is a rare chance to buy a clean, well-maintained true bluewater cruiser for a very attractive price.
LOA: 45' " (13.72 Meters)
Type: Sail - Used
Beam: 13' 6"
Bridge Clearance: ' "
Draft Max: 4' 11"
Draft Min: 4' 11"
Single Berths: 2
Queen Berths: 1
Maximum Speed: Knots
Cruise Speed: Knots
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Fuel Tank: 140 Gallons (529.96 Liters)
Fresh Water: 70 Gallons (264.98 Liters)
Holding Tank: 28 Gallons (105.99 Liters)
Full DetailsView Full Details
45' Freedom Vessel Walkthrough
From the bimini and dodger covered center cockpit, step down the companionway into the salon and you will find the galley port aft, a benchseat/berth with storage to port, storage cabinet port forward, wrap-around seating/berth with storage and a folding table starboard forward and nav station starboard aft. Continue aft in the starboard companionway and you have the auxiliary and generator access inboard and storage cabinetry outboard and then all the way aft the full-beam master stateroom with centerline queen size berth and ensuite head with curtained shower area. Back in the salon, walk forward and you will find the guest head to starboard and the guest stateroom with v-berth forward.
The headroom in the salon is 6'5", 6'2" in the cockpit, 6' in the master stateroom, 5'11" in the master stateroom shower, 6'1" in the guest stateroom and 6'2" in the guest head. The master stateroom berth is 6'6" long, the guest stateroom berths are 6'5" long, the salon starboard berth is 6'4" long and the salon port berth is 6'2" long.
45' Freedom Accommodations
Wayward Wind offers a full-beam master stateroom aft with a centerline queen size berth and ensuite head with a separate, curtained shower stall; a guest stateroom forward with a v-berth and a guest head to starboard just aft of the guest stateroom. The seating on each side in the salon also converts to a single berth.
45' Freedom Salon
The salon offers a wrap-around settee/berth with storage and a folding table with storage underneath starboard forward, a benchseat/berth with storage to port, storage cabinetry port forward, 2 overhead hatches with screens, side windows, 4 portlights, shelves, storage cabinets and drawers, Dickinson Newport propane heater, fans and reading lights.
45' Freedom Galley
The galley is port aft in the salon.
- Frigoboat keel cooler cooled refrigerator and freezer
- Force 10 3-burner propane cooktop and oven
- GE microwave oven
- Large stainless steel sink
- Dry storage
- Storage cabinets and drawers
- Teak & holly sole
- Spice rack
- Magma stainless steel BBQ grill on the aftdeck
45' Freedom Dining
Dining space is available at the salon table and the cockpit fold-up table.
45' Freedom Master Stateroom
The full-beam master stateroom is aft and offers a centerline queen size berth, 6 portlights, overhead hatch with a screen, teak & holly sole, reading lights, desk/vanity to port, storage drawers and cabinets, hanging locker, fans and an ensuite head with a separate, curtained shower area.
45' Freedom Guest Stateroom
The guest stateroom is forward and offers a v-berth, night stands, 3 portlights, overhead hatch with a screen, reading lights, anchor chain locker access, fan, teak & holly sole, storage drawers, hanging locker, safe and direct access to the guest head.
The guest head is starboard aft and offers a manual head, portlight and an overhead hatch.
45' Freedom Nav Station
The nav station is starbaord aft in the salon and offers a swing-out seat, desk, storage and electronics as described in the electronics section.
45' Freedom Cockpit
The cockpit offers a non-skid deck, bimini, dodger, Eisenglass enclosure, sun shades, Edson steering and helm pedestal, seating on each side and aft and fold-up table.
45' Freedom Audio/Visual Equipment
- Pioneer DEH-X6800BT stereo
- Sony and Polyplaner speakers
45' Freedom Electronics
- Garmin Radar (2017)
- Vesper 6000 AIS Class B transponder (2021)
- Garmin GPSmap 741 multi-function display at the nav station (2017)
- Garmin GPSmap 7607 multi-function display in the cockpit (2017)
- Garmin autopilot in the cockpit (2017)
- Garmin GMI 10 Multi displays in the cockpit (2017)
- Icom IC-M506 VHF at the nav station (2017)
- Icom Commandmic remote VHF in the cockpit (2017)
- Icom IC-M802 SSB at the nav station (2017)
- Autohelm depth sounder at the nav station
- Ritchie Powerdamp magnetic compass in the cockpit
- Navpod electronics base in the cockpit
- Redport Halo Wifi extender
45' Freedom Electrical System
- MasPower MP6M 6 kW generator with approximately 1,389 hours
- Heart Interface 2800 watt inverter
- Victron Energy Orion-TR Smart 12/12-30 battery charger
- Victron Energy battery monitor system
- 4 X Victron Energy MPPT 100 I 20 Smart Solar charge controller
- 2 X 175 watt solar panels
- 2 X 190 watt solar panels
- Perko battery switches
- 2 X USB ports at the nav station
- 2 X USB ports in the cockpit
- 50 amp shore power cord
- Assorted shore power cord splitters
- Bass electrical panels
- 2 X LiFePO4 300 Ah house batteries (2021)
- 8D auxiliary start battery
- Sterling Power 40 amp alternator
45' Freedom Engine/Mechanical Equipment
- Yanmar 4JH4-TE 75 HP auxiliary with approximately 1,440 hours (2009)
- Kanzaki KM 2A2 gearbox
- Ultraflex engine control
- Yanmar displays at the cockpit helm
- Racor R24P fuel filter for the auxiliary
- Racor R12P fuel filter for the generator
- Marine Air Systems reverse cycle air conditioning/heating system (16,000 BTU)
- Dickinson Newport propane heater in the salon (12,000 BTU)
- Dwyer 6 gph watermaker
- Quick Nautic 10 gallon water heater
- Raritan manual heads
- Flexofold folding propeller (2019)
45' Freedom Deck Equipment
- Lofrans Cayman 88 anchor windlass with foot controls
- Mantus 65 LB anchor with 250' anchor chain
- Bruce 44 LB anchor
- Fortress FX-23 anchor
- Stainless steel rails forward
- Double lifelines on stainless steel stanchions
- Stainless steel deck hardware
- Lewmar deck hatches
- Non-skid decks
- Boarding gate on each side and aft
- Stainless steel aftdeck arch with flood lights
- Teak quarter seats
- Stainless steel & teak swim ladder
- 2 X rod holders
- Lazarette starboard aft
- Propane locker port aft
- Outboard bracket
- Hot/cold fresh water shower
- Dock water connection
- Magma stainless steel BBQ grill
- Winter boat cover (2019)
- Boat painted with Awlgrip in 2019
- Deck hardware and portlights rebedded in 2021
- Hull bottom painted in 2020
45' Freedom Tender
- Zodiac Nautic Cadet 270 aluminum hull RIB (2020)
- Yamaha 9.9 MSH 9.9 HP 2 stroke outboard (2008)
45' Freedom Sails and Rigging
- Carbon fiber mast and aluminum boom
- Harken boom vang
- Boom brake
- Fully battened Mainsail with cover (2017)
- Jib with cover (2020)
- Asymmetrical Spinnaker
- Lazy Jack flaking system
- Harken traveler
- Lewmar rope clutches
- Harken 48 2-speed, self-tailing winch (Electric and rebuilt in 2022)
- Harken 46 2-speed, self-tailing winch
45' Freedom Safety and Fire Protection
- Rule and Johnson bilge pumps
- Whale manual bilge pump
- Rule bilge high water alarm
- Xintex S-2A propane/CNG fume detector and control system in the galley
- First Alert smoke detector
- Kidde carbon monoxide detector
- Fire extinguishers
- Fire blanket
- Life ring
- Revere Coastal Commander 2.0 6 person liferaft (Expires 7/2024)
- ACR EPIRB
- Radar Reflector
- Standard Horizon loudhailer
45' Freedom Exclusions
- Sellers' personal belongings
45' Freedom Disclaimer
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
- Engine Make: Yanmar
- Engine Model: 4JH4-TE
- Engine Year: 2009
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Drive Type: Direct
- Power HP: 75.00
- Fuel Type: Diesel
- Hours: 1440.00
Click any image to view enlarged version. Swipe enlarged image to see additional enlarged images.
Video of 45' Freedom "Wayward Wind"
3D Tours: 45' Freedom "Wayward Wind"
Want more information about this yacht?
Curtis Stokes was born in Lewes, Delaware and grew up in nearby Rehoboth Beach, Delaware and St. Michael’s, MD until he moved to Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Curtis grew up on the water and around boats through many years of fishing and hunting with his father and brothers throughout the Mid-Atlantic area. Curtis also spent countless hours fishing the East Coast and Bahamas on several well-known sportfishing boats.See the Fort Lauderdale, Florida Office page.
While attending Washington College, in Chestertown, Maryland, Curtis decided to obtain his real estate license and joined his father’s real estate firm, Anderson-Stokes Realtors. Curtis became president of the firm after his father’s death and led the company through its expansion to 20 offices and expanded the publicly traded company into insurance, advertising and development. The company was sold and Curtis decided to pursue his real love of the water and made yachting his career.
Curtis’ yachting career includes everything from a 75′ Trumpy to a 180′ Feadship. He has been associated with and enjoyed worldwide cruising on such well known vessels as EXCELLENCE, FIFFANELLA, OUR TOY, MOECCA, RENEGADE, KISSES and HUNTRESS. Curtis also gained experience as sales manager at Hatteras Yachts, in New Bern, NC, where he helped develop and sell new models and train and coordinate his dealer network. Curtis left Hatteras Yachts after Brunswick Corp. bought the company to pursue his ultimate goal of being an independent yacht broker. Curtis now enjoys working as a team with his wife, Gill, associated with Curtis Stokes and Associates based in Fort Lauderdale, FL.
Curtis previously held a USCG 3000 ton Master license and a PADI Divemaster certificate. He is also a former Emergency Medical Technician, firefighter and CPR instructor. Curtis is an active member of the Professional Yachtsmen’s Association, Superyacht Society, Coastal Conservation Association, Billfish Foundation, International Gamefish Association, and Duck’s Unlimited.
Curtis earned the Certified Professional Yacht Broker (CPYB) designation and is a member of the Florida Yacht Broker Association, Northwest Yacht Broker Association and the Yacht Broker Association of America.
My honest approach to the “business” side of yachting sets me apart from other brokers. Please feel free to CONTACT ME at Curtis Stokes and Associates and start that relationship of quality service, advice, and support, which will continue long after buying or selling your yacht.
Curtis Stokes can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or Cel (954) 684-0218.
Curtis Stokes & Associates
Curtis Stokes & Associates have a brokerage office in St. Michaels, Maryland. The St. Michaels office is run by yacht broker Bill Boos, a long time resident of the Eastern Shore and a well known broker for many years for the Delmarva area.
St. Michaels is on the Eastern Shore of the Chesapeake Bay, a delightful cruising area and boating center. There are many rivers in the Chesapeake Bay area to explore by boats and yachts.
St. Michaels is famous as a boating and cultural center featuring the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum, St. Michaels Museum at St. Mary's Square, and the Classic Motor Museum. Excellent harbor facilities and many boater friendly restaurants, shops and attractions can be found. St. Michaels has a long history of boat building and commercial fishing since before the Revolutionary War. Many homes and other structures in the town reflect the historical significance of St. Michaels.