37' (11.53m) 38 Mk I CB - KINSHIP
The KINSHIP is a 1984 SABRE 38 Mk I Centerboard model.
- Westport Connecticut United States
- 38 Mk I CB
- Fiberglass Hull
$ 49,000 USD
€ 45,498 Euros
$ 66,154 CAD
The KINSHIP was produced as a 1984 model SABRE 38 Mk I CB and has the Factory Keel-Centerboard Option. She's hull #66 of some 100 "Mk I's" as produced by SABRE YACHTS of Maine from 1981 through 1987. The KINSHIP has the "Classic Interior Layout" with the Quarter Berth aft and with the Head forward.
The KINSHIP is a good, sound & lightly-used example of this SABRE YACHTS 38 Mk I cruising classic. She equipped for cruising on Long Island Sound & New England waters as these Owners have done for the past 25 years. Given her excellent overall condition, the KINSHIP is a great opportunity for knowledgeable sailors and requires little to be sailed & enjoyed for the 2023 Season.
The KINSHIP is presently located at her Winter Storage Marina in Norwalk, CT. She's now in the process of being commissioned for the 2023 Season and will be relaunched "soon". Appointments for a viewing are certainly to be encouraged for the KINSHIP for cruising sailors who are actively in the market for such a solid value as represented by this particular SABRE 38 Mk I CB.
NOTE: Most of the Listing Photos were taken in the late Summer & early Fall of 2022 while the KINSHIP was at her Summer Slip.
Curtis Stokes & Associates is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by Brewer Yacht Sales. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey direct representation of a particular vessel
LOA: 37' 10" (11.53 Meters)
Type: Sail - Used
Beam: 11' 6"
Bridge Clearance: 56' "
Draft Max: 8' 0"
Draft Min: 4' 3"
Maximum Speed: Knots
Cruise Speed: Knots
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Fuel Tank: 30 Gallons (113.56 Liters)
Fresh Water: 94 Gallons (355.83 Liters)
Holding Tank: 30 Gallons (113.56 Liters)
Full DetailsView Full Details
For more information regarding this 1984 model SABRE 38 Mk I CB, the KINSHIP, contact the Listing Broker, Randy Altemus of Brewer Yacht Sales (Stratford, CT), via email at "raltemus(at)breweryacht.com" or by via my cell at "203 512 0847".
The interior photos of the KINSHIP were taken without the interior cushions in-place. The Nav Station seat cushion does indicate the format (style, color etc) for the rest of the cushions
The KINSHIP has the "Classic Interior Layout" for the SABRE 38 Mk I. The layout will accommodate (6-7) in the Fore Cabin, Salon and Quarter Berth aft.
The overall condition of the KINSHIP is above-average for a yacht of her type and vintage.
- Headroom: 6'3" (note: in Salon)
- Teak interior joinery, oiled finish
- Fabric upholstery for all interior cushions, BLUE & WHITE Stripes (note: new, 2019)
- Overhead sections finished w/ LIGHT BEIGE Vinyl-wrapped panels secured w/ teak battens
- Ceilings (note: sides of hull) finish w/ LIGHT BEIGE Vinyl (note: except Salon)
- Cushions w/ 5" foam
- Teak & holly Cabin Sole throughout, varnished
- Curtains, LIGHT BEIGE (note: Factory Option but new, 2019)
The Salon has the Quarter Berth aft on the starboard side. The Galley is aft on the port side. The Nav Station is opposite to starboard. There are two (2) settee berth in the Salon; both are 6'6" in length and the port side pulls out to form a double berth. There is a dinette table on the port side forward; it folds up against the bulkhead when not in use. A bookcase is installed on the bulkhead, port side forward. The Head is located forward & to port. There is another large hanging locker opposite & to starboard.
- Bookcase (note: mounted on bulkhead, port side & behind the Dinette table when folded up)
- Teak ceiling strips for below the deck / hull joint areas (note: sides of the hull)
- Fold-up Salon dinette table w/ (2) folding extension leaves
- Port settee berth converts to a double berth (note: measures 4' / 48” width & 6'8" / 80” length)
- Starboard settee berth measures 6'8" / 80” LOA
- Storage drawers & lockers
- Fold-up seat back panels for storage access (note: panels are padded)
- Debris tray in Salon cabin sole, removable (note: aft near Companionway)
- "V" Berth w/ insert filler piece (note: berths are 6'6")
- Hanging locker
- (4) Storage drawers
- (2) Storage shelves, teak, port & starboard
- Step mounted on port side forward bulkhead (note: assists w/ entry to Fore Cabin via Foredeck hatch)
- Ventilation via opening hatch & (2) opening ports
The Nav Station is located on the starboard side aft & just forward of the Quarter Berth.
- Large chart table
- Seat w/ storage underneath
- Electrical panel for AC & DC functions
- Electronics: VHF, DATAMARINE A-181 Log controls, Stereo System
- Nav Flex light
- Storage under Nav Seat
The Ship’s batteries & hot water tank are located under the berth
- Berth measures 6'6" in length & 48” width
- Teak storage shelf
The Galley for the SABRE 38 Mk I "Classic Version Layout" is located in the Salon, port side aft & is "U" shaped.
- CNG Stove / Oven, GAS SYSTEMS (3) burner, gimbaled w/ (2) CNG tanks (note: Factory Option)
- Stove top cover, removable (note: stows head the stove / oven)
- Safety bar for stove / oven, stainless steel
- Insulated icebox, top-loading, large
- Refrigeration, ADLER-BARBOUR, 12VDC,
- FORMICA Countertops, WHITE
- Hot & cold pressure water service w/ single-lever tap
- Manual foot-pump for fresh water
- Sinks, double stainless steel
- Trash wastebasket, built-in
- Side-mounted countertop section, “flip-up” type
- Marine Head, manual
- Holding tank w/ "Y" valve
- Manual pump for tank overboard discharge
- Deck pump-out plate (note: located starboard side forward)
- Sink & vanity w/ hot & cold pressure water service
- Foot-pump for fresh water for Vanity sink
- Shower, hand-held
- White FORMICA with teak trim
- Storage drawers
- Teak grating, removable
- Double entrance to the Head; from the Passageway forward from the Salon & ensuite to the Fore Cabin
Rig, Rigging, Winches & Sails
Plan Dimensions: I=49.5', P=43.4', J=15.8' & E=13.8'
Sail Area (100% of Fore & Main Triangles): 690.51 Sq / Ft
Bridge Clearance / Air Draft: 56' (approximate)
Base PHRF Rating (New England) 123 Sec / Mile
The SABRE 38 Mk I was produced with a HALL SPARS aluminum spar & boom. The mast is a double-spreader unit with internal halyards & keel-stepped on an aluminum plate.
- White AWLGRIP finish for the mast & boom
- Double-spreaders. "Airfoil" type, aluminum
- Internal halyards
- Keel-stepped spar w/ aluminum step-plate
Rigging & Sail Management
The standing rigging includes a backstay, forestay, (2) main shrouds, upper & lower and fore & aft lower shrouds.
- Standing rigging, 1x19 wire, stainless steel
- (8) Shroud turnbuckle guard / rollers, aluminum
- (4) Genoa tracks, 1-1/4” x 12', stainless steel (note: mounted both "inboard" & "outboard" with the latter installed on the teak toe rails)
- (4) SCHAEFER Jib / Genoa sheet cars; (2) adjustable roller bearing (note: on inboard tracks) & (2) adjustable “stand-up” spring-loaded cars (note: on outboard tracks)
- KENYON Mainsheet traveler mounted on Coachroof w/ ball bearing car & cross-haul system
- HARKEN Roller-Furling System for Headsail
- (2) Genoa sheet turning blocks aft
- (2) Spinnaker sheet block attachment units, cast aluminum, mounted on deck aft at the end of the toe rail
The KINSHIP has a total of (6) LEWMAR winches for her sail management. Four (4) of the winches are mounted on the Coachroof aft. The aft winches also provide for the Jiffy Reef functions with line stoppers mounted forward of the
- (2) L-48 C ST chrome self-tailing (2) speed Primary / Genoa (note: mounted in Cockpit on coamings)
- (1) L-43 C ST chrome self-tailing (2) speed Genoa Halyard (note: mounted starboard side aft)
- (1) L-30 C chrome (2) speed Main Halyard (note: mounted Coachroof amidships, starboard side)
- (2) L-24 C (2) speed chrome Halyard (note: 2nd L-24 is for the Spinnaker halyard,& mounted Coachroof amidships, port side)
- Winch handles
The sails are by HATHAWAY, RIESER & RAYMOND (HR&R).
- Mainsail, HR&R, Dacron w/ full battens & (2) rows of reef points (note: main made prior to 1997: per the Owner, "very lightly used as usually sails with just the genoa”)
- Mainsail cover
- DUTCHMAN Sail Flaking System
- Genoa, 140%, HR&R Dacron w/ SUNBRELLA Tabling Cover, roller-furling (note: 2017)
- Asymmetrical Spinnaker (note: per the Owner, used "perhaps (6) times since the yacht purchase in 1997")
- VHF; ICOM IC-324G
- DATAMARINE S-100KL Knot Log LCD digital knotmeter
- DATAMAINE LX-360 Wind Machine (AWI / WS)
- DATAMARE S-200DL Depth Log LCD digital depth sounder
- DATAMARINE A-180 & A-181 Log Control Panels
- FURUNO Marine Radar, Model 832 / 841 (note: radome mounted on mast)
- GARMIN 215 GPSmap
- AUTOHELM 4000 (note: external drive A/P w/ wheel attachment)
- SONY Stereo, AM / FM w/ CD player
- CYBERNET 3050 Graphic Equalizer for speakers
The SABRE 38 Mk I has both a 12VDC Ship's Service and a 115VAC Shore Power Systems.
- Batteries, 4x 6 VDC installed in series for 12VDC service for (1) set each for Utility & Engine Start (note: lead / acid types in acid-proof boxes)
- Battery charger, RARITAN
- Shore Power System w/ Polarity Indicator, 50' 50 AH cord
- (5) 110V Interior outlets w/ GFI unit in the Head
- Circuit breaker panel, 12VDC & 110VAC w/ Polarity Indicator, (2) Voltmeters & (2) Ammeters
- PERKO Battery selector switch, rotary-style
- Hot & cold pressure water system
- RARITAN hot water tank w/ engine coolant circulation & shore power element heating
- Fresh water capacity: (94) USG in (2) plastic tanks
- Pumps, bilge: (1) manual bilge pump (note installed in Cockpit) & (1) RULE 2000 (note: GPH) electric / automatic bilge pump
- Bronze seacock valves w/ handles for all through-hull fittings that are below the waterline
- Nav lights
- Masthead light
- Foredeck light
- Anchor light
The SABRE 38 Mk I has a total of (12) interior lights.
- (7) Overhead dome lights throughout (note: chrome finish bases)
- (2) Reading lights in Salon (note: mounted on forward main transverse bulkhead, port & starboard, brass finish)
- (2) Reading lights at berths (note: w/ plastic shades)
- Navigator’s light, CHARTLITE S-1400
The SABRE 38 Mk I is powered by a WESTERBEKE 33 (4) cylinder FWC marine diesel that rated at 33 HP at 3,000 RPM's. At a typical cruise power setting of 2,500 RPM's, that has a fuel burn of some .1.2 GPH. At 2,100 RPM's, the fuel consumption is .75 GPH..
- Engine hours: 3,100 (approximate) TOTAL “tach time” (note: a) approximately 2,000 hours logged since Factory Rebuild in 1996, b) Owner notes has kept a comprehensive Engine Maintenance Log for reference)
- Engine Rebuilt: 1996 (note: Factory)
- Fuel tank capacity: (30) USG in (1) aluminum tank
- Transmission, short profile manual w/ 2:1 reduction gearing
- Propeller, (2) blade, 16" diameter, bronze
- Propeller shaft, 1" stainless steel
- Alternator, 50 AH
- Oil drain system
- Self-bleeding fuel system
- Instrument Panel, electric: (5) function including tachometer w/ analog hour meter, oil & water temperature & voltmeter gauges
- Control Panel (note: in Lazarette locker, starboard aft)
- Maintenance: new cutlass bearing (2023) & LENCO heat exchanger (2012)
- Anchor, FORTRESS FX18 aluminum w/ chain & nylon rode
- Bow anchor system, aluminum w/ main anchor roller (note: on starboard side & 2nd anchor stowage, port side w/ securing pin)
- Dodger w/ Navy Blue SUNBRELLA & frame, aluminum
- Awning, Navy Blue SUNBRELLA (note: attaches to the aft end of the dodger & extends to the backstay, removable)
- Binnacle, wheel & table cover, Navy Blue SUNBRELLA
- PFD's, USCG Type II
- (5) Fire extinguishers, ABC Dry Chemical
- Horseshoe life-ring, throwable
- Swim ladder, transom-mounted, folding, stainless steel (note: Factory Option)
- Cleaning gear
- Dock lines & fenders
- Cockpit cushions
- Yacht Ensign w/ teak jackstaff
- Outboard motor mount, JOHNSON MARINE (note: mounted on stern rail, port side)
- Rod holder, stainless steel (note: mounted on stern rail, starboard side)
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.
- Engine Make: Westerbeke
- Engine Model: W33
- Engine Year: 1984
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Drive Type: Direct
- Power HP: 33.00
- Fuel Type: Diesel
- Hours: 2100.00
Click any image to view enlarged version. Swipe enlarged image to see additional enlarged images.
For more information about this yacht please contact Curtis Stokes and Associates, Inc.
We look forward to working with you!
Want more information about this yacht?
Curtis Stokes & Associates
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Toll Free: 1-855-266-5676
Curtis Stokes and Associates, Inc. is a yacht brokerage firm consisting of nine offices and fifty brokers throughout the United States offering worldwide marketing, buyer brokerage services and yacht charters. We also specialize in marketing and selling Great Loop capable yachts and boats.